Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I was thinking about this. Do people in normal jobs not learn how to use form letters? Like, are most people expected to write all business correspondence from scratch each time?

Because, if so, then using ChatGPT to write emails is functionally the same as Webster's New World Letter Writing Handbook, only you are giving your work information to Open AI.

For the low price of $35 a head, your organization can pay microsoft to have chatgpt to stare at your emails constantly and generate replies at the touch of a buttom

So chatgpt basically emails itself back and forth and it “owns”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

triple sulk posted:

its going to get real funny once this stops being subsidized

My workplace paid 25 million to anthropic, usage is actually mandatory

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

blue squares posted:

Third spaces — I see this term on TikTok all the time and I understand the definition, but I am confused by what exactly they are saying used to exist and no longer does. what is an example of a third space that is gone now?

Somethingawful.com

When it finally goes under as it deserves

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

Paradoxish posted:

No, you're completely correct, and the usefulness for programming (or really total lack thereof) runs into the exact same wall as with art.

Im getting a lot of mileage from prompts such as “rewrite this function using X package that i will probably never look at again”