Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ground floor

america loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm so sick over this poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm glad i didn't vote for joe biden

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

if we had trump, none of this would have happened. we'd still have 0% interest rates :pray:

:hmmyes:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm becoming the joker

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The planet's bailed out, Cloud

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so are at least two more banks shutting down today

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

coelomate posted:

This eating poo poo would cause real panic. Lotta retail and stock there.

jesus christ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

HallelujahLee posted:

bofa must be destroyed

what's bofa

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol it's really happening

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiHzcdUPAU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i was supposed to set up an interview for some job and i'm trying to figure out a diplomatic phrase to basically say "there's obvious poo poo going on so if you're not replying to me because of it, i get it, it's business, but just let me know"

i'll probably be ghosted anyway since it's been a few days without a reply and they probably wouldn't want to openly admit to it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

reading the tea leaves, i'm not hearing poo poo from any companies i applied to and/or have been having conversations with, so those companies must still be hosed in some way

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

I doubt theyre going to hire anyone until they feel secure that a massive bank run isn't ongoing

i'm sure that's probably true, but i can't even get a reply. just completely dropped comms and this is after at least one interview has already happened

it's not necessarily like they'd admit to it but it seems bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GitHub has everything subsidized by Microsoft and GitLab serves no purpose.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.ycombinator.com/blog/changes-at-yc/

YC cutting late stage investing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Woke Mind Virus posted:

less than 24 hours from bailout to layoffs

all my job leads are dead. no one's answered emails since thursday. market is hosed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

garry tan is a piece of poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yield curve de-inverting after being that deeply inverted, historically, points to a very very imminent recession. Given the sharpness of the move, the recession is likely to be similarly sharp.

I tell this not to discourage you but so you know you need to hurry.

there's almost nothing i can really do aside from get some poo poo rear end job or pivot careers entirely, but anything i'd probably want to do would not be particularly viable unless i wanted to leech off my spouse's income. while on paper i can fill one of probably three or four different roles right now which does open up my options, the competition wipes out that opportunity unless i magically get lucky over the coming weeks and one of these places actually wants me (and isn't doomed)

i *might* be able to get some kind of IT job in philly's government, but their hiring systems are an absolute disaster from what information i've gathered

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

even if he's not lying and it's unfortunate timing, you think you can wait a little while than literally the first loving day after you get bailed out?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so scratch part of what i said. one of the people finally followed up. so that's something at least, even if i think it probably won't go anywhere

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bearjew posted:

yeah same here, I liked the fries. It was questionable whether it could really be called pizza but I still ate that garbage

was it ellio's cause that's what we had, though i usually had a soggy rear end sandwich because of those loving blue ice packs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Gas is back under $3 a gallon here. Eggs and bacon are both cheaper still higher than pre-covid but not at the dizzying heights

recession over

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

another 10k people laid off from fb lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

number dead?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nintendo of america's president is named doug bowser

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

T-mobile will be buying Mint mobile for $1.35 billion.

basically buying their own network and making ryan reynolds richer

almost no point in leaving any of the big three at this point except for reception issues because you'll eventually get screwed one way or another

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I think t-mobile started in europe?

deutsche telekom, yes

tmobile usa used to be voicestream and got bought and rebranded or something like that

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i bounced between at&t/vzw on prepaid and postpaid plans and then there was an insider deal thing going on to get 20% off for the life the the account (it won't be forever, but long enough) and two unlimited 5g lines is $112 a month and i won't do much better than that without dealing with prepaid bullshit where you get even less support

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah but they aren’t in Italy afaik.

last i knew, italy's choices are tim, wind, and (i think) 3. maybe something else

it's better now than it was but their cellular services in general were total rear end through much of the 2010s

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

credit pisse

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so we'll start to see ripple effects from this later today into tomorrow.... hopefully?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

would be funny if all the startups still died after being bailed out

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because of the very public failure of SVB (along with the end of ZIRP) banks are gonna be a lot more careful lending money out to idiotic startups going forward, which is itself gonna dry up a lot of these startups.

for sure, and i should have said "instantly" die in the same vein as if svb wasn't bailed out

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

finma balls

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bofa deez ruts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

anime was right posted:

company moved our banking info from svb to