Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Shageletic posted:

The Biden admin oversaw the greatest rollback of governmental assistance since Reagan. Super glad this dude is president.

promises kept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

more in our local ongoing war against the unhoused

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2023/09/06/pittsburgh-homeless-guidelines-encampments-unhoused/stories/202309050013

If your tent is visible from the 'public way' we're gonna gin up some drug justification and take your poo poo. This is actually good for you!

social distancing is back!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

had to return some amazon purchases at the whole foods (ahh corporate synergy) and they had big signs proclaiming they do not accept EBT cards at the entrance.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

sounds like the way to raise a family is to have more money

thank you Elon

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

boomer sooner zoomer loomer

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

new HENRY dropped

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

like some sort of financial human centipede and we’re in the middle

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What is this bullshit? This isn't science; it's astrology.

whats maren up to?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

glad to see the great streaming experiment come to an end, back to usenet as is tradition

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I get Max for free with my AT&T bill and I hardly ever open it now because its all garbage, the discovery people have utterly ruined it.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

unity town hall cancelled after death threats?! more likely than you think

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

meanwhile my company raised the white flag on rto and is putting the corporate hq up for sale

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

No. It's why they are doing a stealth layoff. :v:

no they just kicked everyone out and said go work from home

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Mayo Pete really hosed up this time!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

wait so they didn’t actually strike? lol

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

are there that many repo guys?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

this is why I drive a manual

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

spend about $1200 per year on car insurance and we drive so infrequently that our gas is like mostly free due to grocery perks. Then I guess $100 per year for the oil changes. I must be doing this wrong.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Morbus posted:

the UAW may be engaged in one of the most coordinated and significant labor actions in recent memory, but have you considered that, of the ~60% of them that even bothered voting at all, half of those may have voted for a racist old loving moron instead of a racist old loving moron? Considering how significant our extremely democratic presidential elections are, I may have to reconsider my opinions about this whole thing...

makes u think

are you suggesting that electoralism is a pointless exercise?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

In a 9-0 decision…..

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

50bps today?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

and this is exactly why she is in jail, scammed the wrong people

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

under house arrest because you can’t afford to move due to high interest rates!!!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

also amazon prime video now gonna be $14.99 with ads extra $2.99 for no ad tier

lmao

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

menendez had to do corruption so he could afford to give his wife a full pair of jeans.

looking Newtish

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

wall street vs main street vibes are off

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

there's no way in hell Joe Biden wins a second term after four years of making GBS threads on the people who helped him barely squeak out a win last time.

this will only depend on demograhic breaks based on how many trump voters covid continues to kill, but with liberals going whole hog on covid was no big deal and over, the scale with probably balance out and the 2024 election will be a coin flip.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

my buddy got 2% for 30 years on his house a couple years back

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

err posted:

Don't people live in the moment anymore?

Reality Sucks OP

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

honestly I’m glad everything is fine for a minute I was getting worried

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

very convenient

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Beached Whale posted:

You know those cheesy black and white family bumper stickers where it'll have the mom, dad, maybe two kids and a dog? There's a guy in my neighborhood with the saddest solo version of that on his car with him in disney garb. The rest of his car is also plastered in disney poo poo. It makes me die a little each time I walk by it because you know they sell a full family set of this and he had to go up to the cashier and check out for a single sticker.

jfc

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

gently caress you

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-answers.html

quote:

A 46-year-old bank executive took his own life leaving his family struggling to comprehend what had driven him to take such drastic action.

Greg Beckett from Bridgeport, New Jersey, had been working at the headquarters of Wells Fargo in Wilmington, Delaware when he jumped from the office boardroom on the 14th floor in January of this year.

The fact he left no suicide note nor showed any signs of distress in the days, weeks and months before his death only worsened the agony for friends, family and co-workers he left behind.

Greg had been responsible for Wells Fargo's internal controls, aimed at safeguarding the bank from risks but his workload had steadily increased leading to longer hours and increased stress.

His job appeared to become all-consuming with long days and meetings running as late as 11pm.

When his family became concerned, his brother and sister-in-law thinking he might have been involved in a car accident, went to his office in search of his vehicle, only to find the parking lot blocked by police.

His sudden death made little sense to his loved ones with his life outside of work seemingly going well.

He had recently moved in with girlfriend, Giovanna Muraca, and her daughters.

A devoted Philadelphia Eagles fan, the team had been performing well and Greg had gone to several games, tailgating with friends before games.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

neoliberalism with nietzschean tendencies

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

webcams for christ posted:

Perfect distillation of the institutional rot in Academia prioritizing only the near-term

https://twitter.com/florianederer/status/1708829133705302180

what’s their fursona?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

just make sure not to open and actually play with the lego set, new in box premium

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Centrist Committee posted:

one of my favorite parts of ministry for the future was the terrorists shooting down airliners until the industry collapsed

so are stinger missiles easier to come by in this work of fiction?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

despite having like 60% equity in my home I cannot afford to move due to current rates lol, I am under house arrest!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

any fancy charts showing divorce rates plummeting?