Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

multiple banks collapsing no big deal trains derail and poison a town no big deal its all good everything is good the vibes are good

Just keep your head down and plow ahead. Keep that nose to the grindstone. Don't look up, don't look down, don't look sideways. Gotta get through today, we'll deal with everything tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

The home solar industry is absolutely filled with scammers pushing various financing schemes so this isn't surprising at all. Residential solar is similar to residential roofing in that it's a finance/sales industry first and a contracting industry second.

Yeah I looked into one of those no cost solar installation services once and it turns out the way it works is you sign over all the tax benefits you get to the company in perpetuity.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oglethorpe posted:

mcdonalds gives you free dip

not in europe. they charge you for ketchup there, the savages.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Either that or convincing people that the federal budget works like your personal family budget.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i also support a 100% inheritance tax

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

triple sulk posted:

love getting ghosted by recruiters in this poo poo job market

Have you tried working fast food? They are paying $15/hr, which I am told is an exorbitant amount of money.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

OrangéJéllo posted:

Freed from material constraints the money has broken free of samsara

:blessed:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The coming generation of $100k six ton electric mall terrain vehicles that do 0-60 in 3 seconds flat are going to leave so many smeared children all over America

Canyonero!!!

*whip crack*

Canyonerrrrrrrrro

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

SorePotato posted:

A system based on infinite growth of fake money was never stable

Hmmm probably shouldn't have cut off and strangled every possible alternative then.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

you always think that, though

yeah things definitely aren't really bad and haven't been since 2008, great point

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Baby Diego is gonna be the last kid who remembers the pre-escalator world.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Louisgod posted:

powell looking at cameras, holding out his hand and wavering between a thumbs up and thumbs down as the crowd feverishly nods yes and then no.

people shouting rates to him like it's The Price Is Right

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

No one will ever succeed at the Shrine of the Silver Monkey :smith:

*mashing the body on top of the head* I don't understand, the economy should be fixed by now!!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

RealityWarCriminal posted:

there are no good solutions anymore :yeshaha:

Also this exact thing has been warned about endlessly since they turned the money hose on but whattayagonnado :shrug:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

In Training posted:

the answer is actually war with China.

hold on, need to check something real quick.

ok phew.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

oh yah, that reminds me:

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4KFNhxibec

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

that's exactly chemistry though

Taste is not chemistry and if you're thinking of the taste zones you were taught about in school that poo poo was debunked a long time ago.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

stopping facebook from taking over the country and spreading antivax bullshit and/or inciting an ethnic cleansing while snuffing out all domestic competitors is exactly what westerners mean by totalitarian anti-freedom censorship that the evil CCP does to brainwash their citizens and desperately cling onto power though

Yeah but China bad. They only have one party instead of pretending to have two and that's called authoritarianism.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

genericnick posted:

Eh. Wouldn't really say that. OWS was taken down by an organized assault of the DHS while the media was only talking about annoying drum circles, with BLM an incredible number of people were gassed and beaten by the police while the media pretended that BLM is actually an NGO that raises awareness and funds, that you can give money to in order to absolve yourself of your sins. It's not that different though one is longer ago than the other so the official position has had more time to replace what actually happened in the public consciousness.

My wife and I took a walking tour through NYC one time. The tour guide turned out to be former NYPD, and when we got to Zucotti Park he told us it was the site of the famous Occupy protest, which ended when the weather turned cold and the protesters all went home to their mother's basements.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

the internet was a commons, and then they enclosed it

The first man who, having enclosed a piece of ground, bethought himself of saying "This is mine", and found people simple enough to believe him, was the real founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows, "Beware of listening to this impostor; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody."

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

There is a viable alternative to the problems raised by Bill Gates in his irate letter to computer hobbyists concerning "ripping off" software. When software is free, or so inexpensive that it's easier to pay for it than to duplicate it, then it won't be "stolen".

—Jim Warren, July 1976

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

There's a fake Radio Shack operating near where my mom lives in WNC.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh look, our many crises are starting to overlap.

Probably fine tho.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Phew, I escaped that school shooting by running away over the collapsing bridge. Boy am I thirsty, let me just get a drink from this water fountain.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

navyjack posted:

This is where I’m at. I realized that a combo of post-pandemic agoraphobia, post-pandemic prices, and just getting older means that I don’t take advantage of city life anymore.

So, I’ve started looking at property near where I grew up. 4 bed/3 bath on 5 wooded acres with a pond for 350K is very doable. I’d be within an hour to 2 hour drive of some major metros for “civilization” when I want to see a show or go to a museum, make a weekend out of it.

I still have friends and family back there, so my social life won’t suffer horribly, and even though it’s the chudlands, I’m planning on being the mean old man in the house in the woods who doesn’t talk to his neighbors anyway.

Not ready to pull the trigger yet, but it’s an understandable move.

I'm in the middle of doing this. Used to live in the heart of downtown and I absolutely loved it in my 20s, and steadily grew to hate it in my 30s (the city got a lot worse too, it wasn't just me that changed).

Last year I bought 4 acres in the middle of nowhere at the south end of the Appalachian Mountains.

People have warned me about chuds, and there's definitely plenty there, but it's also just a different culture overall. The surrounding area used to be a factory town and the factory up and left several decades ago. These people had to genuinely rely on each other to survive and there's an actual spirit of community that has survived with it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

The big dawg gets the biggest bux.

Speaking Fees for Former Presidents Top $750,000

Bill Clinton - $750,000
Barack Obama - $400,000
George W. Bush - $175,000
Jimmy Carter - $50,000

I wonder how much Hillary and W got paid by Masterclass. That company must be flushing unimaginable amounts of money down the toilet.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

skooma512 posted:

Someone said their kindergarteners are just straight up feral now and don’t know how to act around other kids so they just fight each other and try to use scissors as shanks. They don’t even group play or make friends at playtime, it’s all against all.

I was talking to someone the other day who told me his wife quit teaching after 30 years because of this. He said the kids are literally impossible to control and everything she had used throughout her career was no longer working so she just gave up.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Also killed toys r us

Which, despite the popular narrative at the time, was profitable right until it went out of business.

They also played a role in killing off KB Toys.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

seriously though our reaction is going to be unhinged insanity right?

Iraq nets handsome profit by dumping dollar for euro (posted Feb 15, 2003)

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've seen some hollering about how the young aren't participating in the labor force. Why the gently caress would you do any more than the bare minimum to get by when it's been made quite clear to you that you'll never be able to afford a house, a family, or stability no matter how hard you work?

lying flat movement ftw

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

webcams for christ posted:

just like if every American suddenly went from consuming ~3,700 kcal/day to say 2,800kcal.

Oh man that is a depressing way to look at things. Our economic system literally cannot allow people to be healthy, and average calories eaten per day is just another number that has to keep going up forever.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

SourKraut posted:

We have a minivan and it’s honestly an amazing, comfortable, smooth ride.

One time I rented a minivan and drove it from Florida to Nevada and back. Came away honestly impressed by how smooth, roomy, and even fuel efficient it was.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1641884966815449088?cxt=HHwWgIC2kbTrksktAAAA

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1642135488638119938?s=20

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Marx said it has a tendency to fall, which is exactly what that graph shows. We literally devote the entirety of our society to making that number go up and stay up but it keeps falling back down.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oglethorpe posted:

freedom fry prices have risen 400%

Freedom isn't free :911:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lol, remember this?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

my parents hired this lovely consultant to help get me into a better college and he tried to sell them life insurance in the middle of the meeting lol.

anyway i went to the cheapest state school and was much better off for it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1642856226370252800?cxt=HHwWgMCz3ZPCzMwtAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DickParasite posted:

Americans are not uniquely bad, they're not even in the top ten anymore.

lmao ok this got me