Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

anime was right posted:

sorry hun i cant go on a date, im watching the world empire collapse through small bits of text insane people on the internet make for me

Just:lol: if anyone would want to date us

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spacemang_spliff posted:

Money printer go brr

How do i get money printer money?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SKULL.GIF posted:

We've been in a bear market for 14 months now.

when does it become a twink market?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

my bony fealty posted:

wake me up when its a cougar market

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Has any rich people jumped out of a window yet?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oglethorpe posted:

fifth third bank down 15% lol

Apparently that's who ADP uses, that would be really bad.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also my Google fu the other day indicates that Fifth Third is the bank that ADP uses, so if they tank that's like everyone's paycheck

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
E: misread, my dad loves Joe Biden

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Taima posted:

That era was killer for small cars because they were being phased out for larger more expensive poo poo.

We got a 2017 GTI Sport (the best GTI package in history, imo, with every possible upgrade that mattered but kept the plaid seats) brand new with a DSG auto dual clutch and mechanical diff for $21k. Aint no one ever beating that again, those were incredible times to be buying a smaller car.

Getting a dirt cheap smaller car in the mid 2010s is the milennial generational equivalent to buying a house in 2005 in that nothing like that will ever exist again.

Now it’s all expensive trucks and SUVs which are basically minivans for people too insecure to buy a minivan…

I wish I had taken care of my Neon, instead of being a broke millennial in my 20's

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr Hootington posted:

The usa is panicking lol

I'm not panicking, should I be panicking?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's like all the banks right?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

my bony fealty posted:

layoffs hit my company today :woop: almost 20% of the company hahaha

Congratulations on keeping your job at Meta

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlapYoJacks posted:

Court today in 2.5 hours!

Good luk!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

love getting ghosted by recruiters in this poo poo job market

Just keep trying, I just landed a new job, and now all the other recruiters have started to try bringing me in for an interview. Like dude, you should have contacted me six weeks ago when I applied.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

this one was for a job i already had three steps for. total radio silence for two weeks after being told i'd hear back by what's now a week ago

not unusual these days but frustrating is all

Have you tried contacting them?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Radirot posted:

she should apply as a recruiter and then hire herself

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bar Ran Dun posted:

last place I rented they wanted proof of after tax income 3X the rent lol.

The place I'm renting now did.

They also wanted like 1.5x rent in fees and deposits.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mad Wack posted:

every corpo job i've taken ran my credit as part of the interview process - in my professional experience i have only seen one person with bad credit hired ever and it was because he was bilingual

My credit has been bad for decades, and somehow I still find jobs.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RC Cola posted:

hey posting ally, I'm glad you got out

Thanks, it was an easy decision, a growing company, 15% more money, and 7 miles from my apartment.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlapYoJacks posted:

We are on our case. The landlady is arguing with the judge about what’s normal wear and tear.

:munch:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Radirot posted:

oh jfc :allears:

congrats on the victory

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just wear a Casio F-91W, it tells time, that's all I need in a watch

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Xaris posted:

lmao no way, wtf?

Do No Evil :twisted:

Turns out that evil is subjective!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SKULL.GIF posted:

So do we but the vampire lizards will do everything in their power to keep this poo poo going.

How do we expose them to sunlight to finally kill them?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SorePotato posted:

Destroy America already come on

I'M TRYING AS HARD AS I CAN!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

net work error posted:

I don't donate to npr but I do donate to the Internet archive

I have donated to NPR in the past :negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

apatheticman posted:

I've had the same auto loan company call me like 16 times asking me if I am still interested in an autoloan.

How the gently caress you cold calling autoloans?

I come to you.

I love getting refi notices on my car. Sure I would love a lower car payment, but I also don't want to be paying for my car for an additional 7 years. I put down as much as I could afford for a down payment so that I wouldn't have to get another 7 year loan.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Xaris posted:

i turn on NPR once in awhile when im driving before getting increasingly angry, every single time, and it feels like they're doing 24/7 donation begging drives these days

i usually last about 3-5 minutes before rage quitting and putting on a podcast instead

That's how they trick you into thinking they're aligned with the democrats.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vox Nihili posted:

You don't have to refinance for seven years, it could be for a shorter period of time.

I'm sure, but all the random refi ads I get in the mail tend to be about like that

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

poemdexter posted:

Podcasts are already ruined. It's hard to find anything new that is good since it's just an endless sea of audio from youtube videos of 2 people talking at each other about nothing or reading reddit out loud and reacting.

There are still plenty of good podcasts, I listen to a lot of them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

George H.W. oval office posted:

It's very cool the apartment I live in is a "luxury apartment" that doesn't even have a real vent exhaust over the stove and instead just blows straight up onto the cabinets and to the ceiling. Greasy cabinets and a grease stain on the ceiling. $2200\mo for this poo poo lol.

All apartments are "luxury apartments" in 2023

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

what even makes it luxury

if you can buy it in bulk from home depot that feels disqualifying

is it because it's that weird grey color

Don't forget they made the appliances either black or stainless steel, and added a subway tile backsplash in the kitcheN!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My refrigerator isn't even true stainless steel because magnets stick to it with no issues

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zoodpipe posted:

Luxury apartment complex (at least now in Austin for the case of older complexes ) = new gray or dark primary color paint on the exterior and an updated property sign in sans-serif font

I think even the lovely old apartment I lived in 10 years ago is labeled as "luxury apartments" despite the fact that there isn't even any central air and is falling apart.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Twerk from Home posted:

It's luxury because it's expensive. You have the luxury of paying $2600/mo for a 2 bedroom.

Or $1800 a month for a one bedroom, or $1400 mo for a a studio don't forget that part, housing is a luxury in 2023

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

a.lo posted:

[slaps some new paint on the outside of apartment complex] check out our new remodeled apartments

This is literally why I had to move. My old apartment refused to renew my lease for "renovations." Looking at a renovated apartment, they put some laminate in the entry way, replaced the perfectly fine white appliances with black ones and replaced all the kitchen cabinets.

That apartment was built in 2000, so it was perfectly fine as is. The thing is I've never lived anywhere that wasn't fine with just keeping cabinets from 1972, and a stove from 1989 if there was nothing wrong with them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Legends of the Hidden Temple style.

No one will ever succeed at the Shrine of the Silver Monkey :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the :lol:s