Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ASX is heading down

but it's also a weakass market that just follows the lead of larger exchanges. with nothing to follow today, it's just going on momentum from last week. japan opens soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you need to bail harder jay

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
nikkei and ASX both down ~1%

they ain't buyin' it jay

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Stairmaster posted:

you are all gonna look so silly when deutsch bank is the next one to eat poo poo

DB and Citi will be the last banks left

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

JamesKPolk posted:

how many banks die before its contagion

insolvency is endemic now

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
if nothing matter

and nothing is real

can i have a billion dollars

i got an idea

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
euro markets are not convinced

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
had a flash of clarity where i realized the next X years are just whipsawing rapidly between liquidity crises and rapid inflation, shaking society apart like a limp infant.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
god it would be so delicious if inflation comes in hot

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
CS and DB are the closest things to completely safe banks that exist. they're laundromats for the ultra rich, governments, and businesses.

like, don't invest in their stock or anything, but they're not going anywhere as institutions, and when push comes to shove their deposits will be backed at the cost of almost everything else.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

err posted:

https://twitter.com/GavinSBaker/status/1635683191821414405?s=20

The WARN Act requires companies to notify state governments and affected individuals of plans to lay off 500 or more employees (and 50 or more employees when an employment site is shut down or when the number of layoffs make up at least one-third of the company’s workforce) at least 60 days in advance.

dumb bullshit for babies. "change from a 1yr low" what the gently caress is that.

the first graph shows a pickup back to normal levels from insanely low levels (which correspond with the only period that labour had the upper hand for like the last 40+ years), but nothing like "gone vertical"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
econ psychos have been saying for two years that when china finally reopens, the world should expect an unprecedented inflationary shock

just lol that this happens right as the west slides into a sharp recession

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ohhhh we couldn't poooooossibly bail you out, no waaaaay! the system is very real and has rules!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i warned you about the ides of march bro. i told you dog.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
jesus christ joe, she's only march 15th

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
do not loving tease me about CS going under

this has been a meme since 2008. do not fake me out here.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
hastily constructing a shrine to roko's basilisk

always believed in you buddy

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
going to sleep now

I expect the economy to be right where I left it when I wake up

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
a soft, warm landing. completely painless. you just kind of...drift off.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
shoveling all of my money into the shittiest bank i can find

this is gonna pay off big. not sure how yet.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
hm i think the system might be fake and rigged

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Jon Irenicus posted:

I know a guy who worked for Moody's all through the crash and he gets super testy whenever someone razzes him lol

sounds moody

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
hee hee hee

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
can't believe i got held up with work the day fucken credit suisse "died"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
bet those last 500 posts were good content OH WELL I'LL NEVER KNOW

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i realise that's not being granted full title after 30 days, but that seems like a really short period to get anything, i'm surprised its so in favour of squatters.

in australia, it's like 15 years of continuous documented occupation to get the property title transferred.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i think the wanking system is about to collapse

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
economy looks great. gently caress yeah.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the fundamentals of the uk economy are strong

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ooohhh noooo my greased kippers and fried pig dicks are more expensive! my jolly tarts and coddled nubbins! what will i moistly gum with my loose rotten teeth now??

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
vile island

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

FlapYoJacks posted:

gently caress this dumb court system and gently caress California.

On the LA court website:
- She owes us nothing.
- We owe her $300

She flagrantly violates the law, retaliates repeatedly against us, fucks us out of our goddamn security deposit, and the judge is like "lol you owe her money."

What the gently caress. All landlords can go to hell. I am confused by the contested judgement.

i hope you learned your lesson. consider the $300 a fine for your impudence in the face of the natural order of things

(lol that sucks)

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

outside of drivers which they don't consider human Uber/Lyft/Doordash employ tens of thousands too with headquarters in all of the major world capitols as well

I figured it was just so the C-Suite could jet off to Dublin one week and Paris the next to sit through meetings that serve no purpose. "Sorry, I've got prior obligations in Tokyo on the 23rd, can we do Sydney or London the following week?"

To do this you need an established location inside the country. To do that you need to staff that location. So then you have 16 sets of everything to maintain a website that hasn't changed in the 5 years since I last used it

yes uber has thirty-eight thousand employees

it is insane. maybe kind of a nice gig on one level, but holy poo poo there would either be (a) no work to do, ever, or (b) transparently bullshit busywork, all the time.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
gently caress and here i am doing nothing for free like a chump

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
divorce ape lol

doesn't matter. it's fine. hodl. when this poo poo pops, i'm gonna have SO MANY WIVES

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

tristeham posted:

i feel like the american elite would rather nuke the whole world than lose their hegemony. hope i'm wrong

i have good news and bad news for you. well. if you consider "you'll find out soon" good news.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Disneyworld has a bunch of themed resorts based on real world attractions and every time I've checked the prices they are more expensive than going to the real things they're based on. It costs more to go to the Disneyworld Venetian Resort than it costs to actually go to Venice.

real venice:
-dirty probably
-speak italian??
-every second store is a tourist trap
-weird food

disney venice:
-kept spotless by army of cleaners who know well enough to stay out of sight
-speak the lord's english
-tourist trap stores conveniently located at entrances, exits, and other appropriate places
-hot dog. potato fry.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
they're called complications, idiots

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

sleep with the vicious posted:

Hey remember that train derailment

you're going to need to be more specific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
guess what is on the other side of this legal tender $5 pure silver coin, that costs $279 australian dollars.