Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

anime was right posted:

if anyone has good content for the OP lmk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao Indian food is just like ghee and vegetable oil

If you think kids are fat now, imagine them after putting down a full thali every day.

the ghee and oil in that recipe is 450cals per person lol.

the mutton is another 600 and rice 220.

so nearly 1300 cals right out the gate, more than two Big Macs.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the people who I bought my house from planted a Ginger gold apple tree. dunno if it is going to be any good.

apparently related to a golden delicious which isn't a good sign but people seem to like them a lot but only if you get them right off the tree.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Buffer posted:

eh, prop 13 provides some pretty powerful incentive never to renovate anything ever lest your tax basis move off what it was in 1970

I thought that people had applied the Ship of Theseus thought experiment to the point that you could pretty much do whatever renovation you want as long as you broke it into stages and waited a bit between each one.

anyway that Texas Reddit post is pretty funny because while there is a chance the poster was actively lied to there is also a very good chance that they were warned repeatedly about this happening and they ignored it every single time.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

EVs aside shouldn't pretty much every new car be a hybrid anyway? Aren't the efficiency gains pretty substantial on multiple fronts even after accounting for the cost of the battery and the extra weight?

what if we instead made the engine vroom a bit louder, gave the car angry-eyebrow headlights, and tripled our profit margin?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Tract home builders generally get contractors that are really really adept at keeping to a schedule.

Sometimes that's because they are drat good at what they do and catch/correct any errors while building, more often it is because they completely ignore or drywall over any problems secure in the knowledge that it won't be their problem in a few years.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Morbus posted:

there is no universe where the cost of "using a computer in my home" is comparable to a commute lol

my work setup pulls ~200W, which is about $60 per year and 270lbs of CO2 (equivalent to about 14 gallons of gasoline).

I'm sure they will throw out some horseshit about HVAC costs ignoring that every office keeps the temperature at arctic blast all summer long.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol at that bullshit framing.

yes I'm sure that that the brands and Costco are really mad that customers are figuring out the bag of disposable cups with a huge "Chinet" logo right next to the Kirkland Signature logo is made by Chinet for Costco to sell under their Kirkland Signature brand.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

skaboomizzy posted:

Tether is the only thing allowing the idiots to jump from shitcoin to shitcoin without paying taxes each time, right? So now what happens?

nothing immediate, the tweet is misleading.

what actually happened is during an investigation the SEC told coinbase that everything but bitcoin seemed to be an unlicensed security and that allowing trading of them was a violation of securities laws. just about any other company would have caught that this was a barely veiled warning but Coinbase is full of libertarian dipshits, ignored the obvious warning, and now the SEC has sued them for marketing unlicensed securities. We won't see a reckoning until that case finishes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I fully believe processed sugar will be our era's "lead in the waterpipes" thing where future generations will look back at how much we (Americans) were consuming in absolutely everything and be horrified

nah it is advertising