Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

VideoKid posted:

I was on a call on Friday where the CEO wanted to pull it all out and the CFO was like “you can’t stuff all of our operating capital under a mattress”

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

vote biden, would you kindly

he's going to run on "saving working families' bank accounts," mark my words.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

let’s form a bank, run on it, and then get bailed out

I'm still regretting I didn't take out a PPP "loan" when I could have.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

HallelujahLee posted:

lmbo the morons in the dnd discord are saying this is a conspiracy by chuds to take down buchanon joe

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

he really looks his age in that video good lord

Imagine how he'll look 6 years from now.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

The packaging for the turkey and cheddar Lunchable option is described as a 3.5 ounce container. The document said it contains 2-ounce equivalents MMA (meat/meat alternative), one ounce equivalent of grain and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

The extra cheesy pizza option comes in a 5.05 ounce container and contains 2 ounces equivalent of MMA, 2 ounce equivalents of grain, 1/8 cup of red/orange vegetable and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Justin Tyme posted:

love how schools have these big commercial kitchens and ostensibly there are folks out there who are decent enough cooks to work them yet we do these bullshit deals to feed kids lunchables instead of making big pots of chili or stew or grilled cheeses or something for what I imagine is way, way cheaper

I don't think the homemade lunches whipped up by workers in the industrial kitchen has been a thing in schools for the last couple decades; it's all nuke-n-serve poo poo now that is on par with lunchables, only warm, so why not take that final step.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Hatebag posted:

A lunchable is basically what an alcoholic parent would throw in a bag while extremely hungover. Reading between the lines it seems like maybe they had to reduce the salt and saturated fat? Hard to believe a lunch of crackers and shelf stable meat alternatives isn't considered healthy by the woke usda these days

The idea to roll out Lunchables in schools and potentially have schools provide them directly to students comes amidst new proposed changes to school food guidelines by the US Department of Agriculture, which oversees the federally assisted school meal program.

The proposed changes aim to reduce added sugars and sodium levels in school-provided lunches. The standards would reduce sodium limits gradually over several school years.

The Lunchable Turkey & Cheddar Cheese with Crackers (3.2 ounce) tray sold in Target, for example, contains 740 mg of sodium in the one packet serving size. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, adults should limit sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day—that’s equal to about 1 teaspoon of table salt. For children under age 14, the recommended limits are even lower.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

The federal government paused screening for Medicaid qualification in March 2020 as part of a package of emergency pandemic measures. But those rules expire this year after several extensions, meaning states can resume evaluating whether residents are eligible for coverage as of April 1. The Kaiser Family Foundation has predicted that anywhere from 5.3 million to 14.2 million Americans could lose insurance in the process, though some could transfer to Affordable Care Act programs or employer-sponsored plans, if available.

(also lol that 20 percent of NY state's budget goes toward medicaid)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol that's the sugar filled pizza sauce

finally, after 40 years, the reagan admin's definition of veggie comes to fruition.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mastershakeman posted:

this goes way back but wasn't one of the big things about ppaca and the court case that the expanded medicaid could really impact state finances and that's why a bunch of them sued to get rid of the mandate? There was some sort of grant money to fund medicaid but no guarantee it would exist in the future.

Yeah, the feds subsidized more of it at the beginning of the expansion, as they subsidized more of it during the pandemic.

iirc the court case against forcing states to accept expansion was bc the feds threatened to withhold all federal medicaid funding unless a state accepted expansion which even the lib scotus justices decided no-can-do.

I was still surprised that medicaid funding takes 1 out of every 5 dollars of NY state's budget (even with federal subsidies) and is expected to increase to one out of every 4 dollars within a few years.

It's just another data point as to how a federalized public healthcare program for all would be a boon to the states, as well as to citizens.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Glumwheels posted:

Nah, that would probably piss them off. Gutting child labor protection laws was ok because boomers think kids are weak and lazy. Kids should be working in the mines to teach them life lessons and so boomers can get their lattes faster from Starbucks.

Eating red meat is a god given right so anything else is just wrong.

lol, you spend an awful lot of time dwelling on What Chuds & Boomers Think.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mistermojo posted:

those pictures are Sweetgreens interpretation of school lunches, with the point being how little fresh fruit and vegetables american lunches have https://www.vox.com/2015/1/8/7513435/school-lunches-world

lmao that every serving in that pic is a form of carbs.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
oh wait, that's cottage cheese, not puked up potatoes lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Tom Tucker posted:

Barney Frank looked disgusting--overexposed assets protruding--in his bank before Congress. Very very disrespectful.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mistermojo posted:

those pictures are Sweetgreens interpretation of school lunches, with the point being how little fresh fruit and vegetables american lunches have https://www.vox.com/2015/1/8/7513435/school-lunches-world

is it cottage cheese or is it rice on the lower left? :iiam:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Crazypoops posted:

Looks like potats to me

so the meal is all-carbs lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's more what an italian school lunch looks like

still 50x better than a lunchable for lunch.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

That's still years sooner than we're gonna see biden's congressional papers or his sex crimes (but I repeat myself).

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
It's still lolol that they're hiding names; I hope someone foia's that poo poo.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Smythe posted:

fuji is really cheap. good price/performance ratio. good value

braeburns were $.49/lb yesterday & I got 2 for $.30.

I bake them with oatmeal to eat as an accompaniment to ice cream so I don't care what they taste like raw.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Vox Nihili posted:

Two apples for 30 cents doesn't even sound like a real idea anymore, it's like something out of a period drama

same store was selling avocados for $.39/each last month.

that's cheaper than I ever saw them in socal, land of avocado trees, when I lived there.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

In Training posted:

I got an email from my bank today reassuring me that my account is FDIC insured and please don't take out the money Lol.

A few years ago when I was client-hunting I signed up for all these financial apps for cheap resume cred then promptly forgot about them.

This was one of them; they've emailed me twice today:

quote:

To our valued customers,

By now you’ve likely heard the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) announced on Friday that Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) is in receivership. Of course this impacts those who were banking with SVB, but as this news is unsettling for the entire entrepreneurial community we wanted to provide reassurance.

Following the news, we immediately reached out to Wave customers who were banking with SVB to offer support and let them know that their online payments and payroll needs would not be affected in any way.

Rest assured Wave does not have exposure to SVB and was not impacted by Friday’s events. Our bank partners are stable and in a strong position to continue to support the industry and Wave, allowing us to continue to serve you as we always have:

Online payments and payroll processing are continuing seamlessly without interruption or delay

We continue to further support your cash flow with the option of instant payouts

Our Wave Money banking customers can continue accessing funds

Meanwhile, here are some suggestions to help you and your employees feel more confident:

Any of your customers who bank with SVB will still be able to pay you through Wave.

Enabling online payments on your Wave invoices gives your customers an easy option that can speed up the payment process and help you get paid faster, improving your cash flow. Additionally, customers who choose to pay by credit card can hold onto their cash for an extra month before their bill comes due, which is beneficial for their cash flow as well.

You can set up automated reminders to help remind them of payments owing.

If you use Wave’s payroll feature, reassure your employees there is no risk to their paychecks.

If you’re looking for a reliable payroll option, we can automate your payroll so you can focus on your business.

We are always monitoring the markets, taking steps to mitigate any risk so we can continue to deliver to you, our valued customer. Should you have any questions, please contact the Wave Support team by logging into your Wave Account and clicking on the Live Chat button at the bottom right of your screen.

As always, we are here to support you and the small business community. We thank you for your business and your trust.

Sincerely,

Zahir Khoja
CEO

Props for the shameless sales pitch, tho.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Coincidentally Intuit also sent me an email today saying that effective may 31, desktop quickbooks is no-can-do & my client must sign up for some overpriced online bullshit the price of which will be determined by the sales rep you speak to so maybe I'll talk my client into Wave instead.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
What are the CPI changes that are kicking in for tomorrow?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Joey Steel posted:

Huh? Are you a CPA?

No, that's above my pay grade.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
oh I thought they'd changed the calculations or something the way hootington was framing it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

jesus christ, if this ain't exhibit a in why the twitter files are a public good.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

:goonsay: I strolled through the soda aisle this morning, and sweet sugary death is now up to $8 per 12-pack, up from $7 a month ago.

brita filters are like $6 and last for a few months.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mastershakeman posted:

lmao. fdic gonna beg the cia for a spot at the Thought Police meetings

jamie dimon was already part of the secret working groups with the government that were determining speech that "undermined" our country's fine institutions & thus needed to be censored.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Eric Cantonese posted:

Why are you guys all panting over that Thomas Massie guy. He sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

bc he exposed a lovely senator's lovely proposal.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

selec posted:

they are a public good, just not in a way their billionaire master could conceive, and also in a way none of the journalists involved can be made to understand in public. it’s a limited hangout for reactionary political goals, but that doesn’t make it uninteresting information, just information you can’t really form an accurate picture based on.

fortunately other journos & other outlets have also exposed the censorship cabals, an inconvenient truth that does form an accurate picture and yet for some reason keeps getting ignored. :iiam:

eta: but some of those other journos are financed by pierre omidyar, another billionaire, so I guess they're sus as well.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

selec posted:

I don’t think liberation can be born from a software platform, so ultimately my take on these programs and ideas is “bad, but also a game being played by people who think Russia posting Beefy Bernie memes was truly harmful” and so in that sense I don’t see it as much of a threat. the most powerful people in the system must be as stupid as the system demands them to be, and if they’re focusing on the wrong things, ie their twitter mentions, then let them keep staring at that.

their twitter mentions being better or worse has no material effect on me, or anyone I know, who isn’t just on Twitter for fun, the only use case for it that makes any sense.

I just think it's funny as hell that all these censorship cabals & working groups with people like jamie dimon have been exposed, thus diluting their effectiveness & secrecy even if it's by a negligible amount.

hence the public good: it amuses me.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
like, if musk is merely feeding the filers info that butthurt dem members of congress were telling jack to take down accts making fun of them & there were also gop members of congress telling jack to take down accts making fun of them the butthurt part is still hilarious.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

yeah nobody cares and many people are thinking perhaps intentionally creating a bank run on Twitter and in discords is quite bad.

and imagine what secret media censorship could do to quell human-rights protests: the possibilities are endless, and would ensure that no one's ever again blocked on a highway when they're driving home from work after a hard day.

these cabals are shaping our country for the greater good, I'm sure.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

"Financial misinformation" is such an ambiguous term that Dr. Richard Wolff could be banned due to him talking and teaching about Marxism.

the phrase I keep coming back to that the cabalists utilized in their rationales is "undermine" bc it's so loving orwellian, yet not many people seem to be bothered by it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Kramer would need to have his lips sewn shut and his thumbs removed to prevent any misinformation.

ok, I'm rethinking my stance here....

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lovely private company can censor basically anything they want right now. they aren’t government.

I dunno I’m comfortable with starting a back run on Twitter being something government should be allowed to stop.

what limits do you believe should exist, if any, on a government telling a private corp to censor information that "undermines" the government or our country's institutions?

also, do you believe that these edicts should be made in secret, or that the public should know about them being in effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Euphoriaphone posted:

the gently caress? boomers will die if they don't ingest 1 gram of sugar in every ounce of liquid they consume. they keep extra refrigerators in their garages just to keep more cans of soda cold because they can't fit enough in their kitchen fridge for their daily consumption amounts.

one of the best things about the younger generations is they're killing off the soda market (though sadly they soda giants have already diversified into selling water)

lol, nah

quote:

Among adults, SSB intake is higher among males, young adults, non-Hispanic Black or Mexican American adults, or adults with low incomes.8-10

58% of individuals between the ages of 30 and 49 regularly consume soda.
(Statista)

It’s pretty mind-boggling, but recent data show that the older population has more regular soda drinkers than younger people.

People in their 30s and 40s typically drink more regular soda than people in other age groups. Those aged 50 to 64 come second, but they don’t fall far behind, with 57% of the individuals in the age bracket being regular soda drinkers.

Lastly, 49% of adults in the 18–29 age bracket regularly consume soda.