Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heard we got some lovely banks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Forgive me, if this is wrong, or obvious, but I read that many of the start ups were required by their founders to park their money at SVB. Presumably, this money was coming from accounts that were already at SVB.

Doesn’t that just scream fraud?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

a task force has been established and webinars are being prepared

lmao.

Please god let this take out trainual somehow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How much of these announcements is just the big hitters trying to move the market/influence the fed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Mitch mcconnell is still laid up in the hospital from his 'fall'

He’s probably severely crippled from his likely bleed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My company just sent out this email from our piece of poo poo payroll company Gusto. Probably nothing!

quote:

Gusto does not use Silicon Valley Bank to fund customer payroll services and operations. Therefore, Silicon Valley Bank’s current situation does not affect our ability to provide payroll services to you.

Since our founding, Gusto has set out to create a durable and sustainable company that enables entrepreneurs to build businesses that grow, thrive, and last, while also helping employees do more with their paycheck. That’s the difference we want to make.

In order to deliver that value, it’s essential that Gusto reliably delivers on payroll processing. That’s why Gusto utilizes a redundant system of leading banking partners to facilitate our payroll processing and services to provide peace of mind for the unexpected.

Thank god I've got that side gig at an HCA hospital who uses Parallon like normal corporate ghouls

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is all so stupid lol none of this had to happen, gj silicon valley dumbasses

ahem

disruption

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/rsgat/status/1635288190339911681?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh sweet gonna see waffle houses converted into We Buy Gold again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol did whoever mentioned the discord accidentally summon Blitz7x here?

We must always be kind to our tff brethren

Even blindsite

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao Indian food is just like ghee and vegetable oil

If you think kids are fat now, imagine them after putting down a full thali every day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

Oh you want to be a teacher that requires a masters degree at a minimum, ongoing education for the duration of your career, certifications out the rear end, a huge workload, 30+ students to a single class, and you have to deal with insane parents?

Here’s $30,000 to start and maybe a tiny hovel lmfao.

good news! they're gutting qualifications to be a teacher pretty much all over the country

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

just the dumbest turds alive

Lmao just the total abdication of responsibility by the political classes

/is elected

/gesticulates randomly at the fed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Radirot posted:

living in the ghetto aint no joke. definitely an exciting time all around if you're into it I guess.

When I was 22, living in east Atlanta, I walked in on someone robbing my house. You like to think you’d say something badass, but I looked at the kid (probably 16) and said “this is not your home?”

He looked at me and said “where’s my cousin?” And I thought “oh maybe he’s lost.” Then he ran.

When the cops came they tried to plant a crack pipe in my roommates dresser and laughed that the kid hadn’t tried to steal the HDDDVD player because “everyone knows they’re worthless.”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

There’s a lot of cities where you don’t have to fork over nearly as much upfront to rent. NYC is the loving devil on that front but I’ve lived in DC, Denver, and a host of mid sized cities and you can get away with <$1k upfront a good amount. poo poo I managed to get a place outside of Boston with $1 bc of credit and timing (they just opened and were desperate to fill units)

I was just looking at houses again, bc I’m an idiot, and there are straight up zero houses in any cities in the region that would be cheaper than rent. I can’t believe it but I regret not buying in 2018 when I considered it. I barely had the income then, but I would’ve kept a monthly payment just under $2k which would be incredible today.

Dude I’ve fixed up the basement come goonhaüs it up

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

"Luxury" apartment just means anything that was built or renovated in the last ten years (renovated just means someone put in LVP)

Stone countertops.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

wait, what happendd to leon

Unfortunate icepick accident.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Get ready to disrupt trees

https://twitter.com/yupthtexists/status/1641102217884098561?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

/fires up a GIS forWausau Wisconsin

Oh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

I'm going to start working on an Effortpost OP for a new thread,

Shoot me a DM if you want some contributions/ideas from the clinical side of things.

I’ve never worked in bariatric or weight management specifically, but I’ve done a lot of work adjacently and apparently made more referrals to weight management in 2022 then anyone in my hospital system lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

a lot of you assholes here make fun of America's investment bankers, I don't know how you can watch this and not think "wow, they really are suffering just like us" as the wealth that she creates from her emails trickles down to me like drippings off an ice cream cone

https://i.imgur.com/IW2dumD.mp4

“Nice little princess shift you have there.”

-healthcare workers, everywhere

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

80's american executives are always some of the evilest people.

like you run the barbie factory why are you getting into sterilization?

/80s executively-ish

“Because we can”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

"Medicare" "Advantage" plans will give assistance with one hand while taking away traditional Medicare benefits with the other.

may give assistance

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mycomancy posted:

Psssst physicians have always been and will always be worthless so long as their stupid "profession" is treated as a quasi-aristocratic title. gently caress all of them, I'd rather get a diagnosis from chatGPT8 than any of these east Tennessee shitcocks.

I did almost all my rotations in East Tennessee.

1 surgeon in Livingston who was not allowed to practice in three other states and still calls me to fix the Spotify on his Tesla.

1 octogenarian obgyn white supremacist in Johnson city who tried to convince white women not to have sterilization procedures. I reported him to my school and the board and never went back and my school just let it slide.

1 pill mill operator/family med doc in Jamestown who gave all his patients Chick Tracks and no I am not kidding.

1 pediatrics guy in Greenville who went on a month long vacation after our first week. All he did was prescribe Adderall.

1 ER doc in sevierville who just flirted with scribes forty years younger than him and wouldn’t let me sit down.

Pulm crit care at fort sanders was loving awesome but I followed an NP

East Tennessee has to be stopped.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mycomancy posted:

Hahahahaha gently caress I guess I need to go get a second and third opinion on this hydrocele, eh?

Can you shine a flashlight through it?

And uh yeah time is testicle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

have you considered working 7p-7a at the hospital like a real sicko :sidvicious:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Richard Burr was forced to resign (not run for reelection) for doing this.

Kelly Loeffler did it as well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

I bought a new construction 2400sqft house with a 2 car garage for $160k. A lot of acquaintances bought condos for less than $40k, one guy bought a 3 bedroom place for $60k. When I moved out around 2018, there were still builders finishing and listing new construction houses for $120k.

Just mind blowing.

Last year, I spent way more than this for a house with, uh, plenty of opportunities for me to learn how to do things. And even more mind blowing still is when I look at Zillow and see I could sell it for like 100k more than I bought lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skooma512 posted:

I'm looking forward to the day that AI actually is truly guiding cybernetic capitalism, and then it tells the elite that they need to chill out and not take absolutely everything so that the working class has an alternative to killing them all.

And then they'll turn the AI off because that's totally anathema to their ideology and desires.

Yeah that’s the day that server costs become VERY important.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Manufacturers actually targeting the real waste is a pretty funny concept. If it continued eventually you'd see former $500,000/yr Vice Presidents of Operations For Frozen Cooked Chicken driving for Uber because the market on absurdly overpaid people that don't do anything but have decades of C-Suite experience is completely saturated

And they’d absolutely be driving for Uber because none of these bloated middle management types have any idea what to do with their money and blow it all on Teslas and lifestyle coolers.

This is my favorite scene from Margin call except none of those guys are as smart as bettany. Or as cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1CrQu_H6E

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stereotype posted:

cool so the fed explicitly knew that if they kept raising a number this specific bank would fail, but then they did it anyway and didn't warn anyone

doesn't the bank have people there that realize how exposed their position is?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Orvin posted:

It’s almost like Valve figured out that many massive discounts throughout the year on digital goods drive a huge increase in sales numbers. Maybe Sony should look into that.

I randomly played Odyssey because it was on gamepass and they were still hawking full price skins and their weird online currency system.

A.) this game is five years old
B.) this isn’t dota
C.) the skills are so loving broken by the end I could have been holding a stick and jug of wine and murdered Medusa

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that said counting down the days until BotW2

snarf snarf im the piggie its me

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stereotype posted:

my favorite part about disney world was the hundreds of fat people on scooters because the parks are big and you have to walk everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yexYJXlWOmo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Modafanil

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Koirhor posted:

oh ya thats the real poo poo dc runs on

Don’t forget trintellix, abilify, and sildenafil

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you’re having trouble getting ADHD meds from your pharmacy, switch to your local hospitals pharmacy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/1655199900982755331?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The best part of the Holmes documentary is all the times people who were experts in the industry were telling her it wasn’t possible.

Not in the “you’ll never pull this off” sense, but in “the centrifuge literally needs more space for the blood products to separate due to the laws of fluid dynamics” sense.

And it just like didn’t matter to anyone lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also in that Holmes doc they describe a typical investor meeting.

Investors are brought in, shown the tiny blood pod or whatever, a volunteer gives a sample “into the pod,” then the entire group would be taken on a tour of the facility and when they got back an hour later the person was handed a print out of their blood results.

No one ever saw it enter the Edison, no one ever saw what happened to the blood, no one ever even saw it the blood pod was filled. Just a group of the dumbest people getting suckered by a South Park joke and handing over their check books.

Unreal.