Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

drat I was just catching up on newsmax.com earlier today, how'd I miss this? God bless father Johnathan. Papa is in the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It means you're bad at an already bad gimmick.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bloopsy posted:

I probably told this story in the last Papa Johns thread but I worked at a Papa John’s that was owned by two guys that before franchising their own stores used to work for corporate at the regional and later national level. They met Schnatter himself on many occasions and said that he was a massive rear end in a top hat who’s thought his poo poo didn’t stink. They told me this back in 2001-2002 so the stories have largely faded but they said pretty much everyone who met him thought he was a tool. One time Schnatter himself flew in to tour a bunch of stores and at one store he tried showing all of the employees how to make a Papa John pizza the right way. He proceeded to have everyone gather around so he could slop together a completely lovely and sad looking pizza that would fail the picture test 10 out of 10 times. He didn’t even bother to use the toppings portions like his employees are supposed to do. I don’t remember if he used any of his face grease but either way he can’t make a pizza worth a poo poo.

this only because he was muzzled from using his advanced pizza techniques. if they let him say the n-word then he'd be able to show you some REAL pizza

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Noid?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

w i z a r d s

a p p r e n t i c e

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pencilhands posted:

if im so bad at this gimmick why do all of my topics get lots of posts

Because people love a bargain.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Because people love a bargain.

fair

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Bland topic by a bland op

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

satanic splash-back posted:

Bland topic by a bland op

dont sign your posts

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

maybe goons should go for a jog and eat a bowl of oatmeal instead of pizza. Get yourselves together!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I switched from chain pizza to local pizza and I'm never going back.

For three years I've been eating local pizza then happened to have Dominos at another person's house and the Dominos was so vile I nearly puked.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

maybe goons should go for a jog and eat a bowl of oatmeal instead of pizza. Get yourselves together!

I haven't had pizza in years, buddy!!! :mad:

I found out I'm lactose intolerant.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

Oatmeal blows too

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Applewhite posted:

For three years I've been eating local pizza then happened to have Dominos at another person's house and the Dominos was so vile I nearly puked.

your stomach is weak, your bloodline is weak and you will not survive the winter

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They are no Pat's I can tell you that -- perhaps more lovely.

I have yeast in my fridge that may be a year old. I would have to proof it first.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Spent half my life making pizza for monetary gain

May try for fun tonight

You bet your rear end I can spin that dough as high as the ceiling let's me.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Papa John died for our sings

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

Yeah I enjoy eating fast food trash but for some reason I can't get into fast food pizza. It just by and large tastes like garbage to me.

When I want pizza I'll pick it up from a local place. It's more effort than just ordering some but it's way better. I'm a pizza snob I guess.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I think Domino's is pretty decent these days. They actually have fresh dough balls that they hand stretch and top, which is more than you can say for like, Pizza Hut. And the $7.99 for the 1-topping large is basically a way better version of a Little Caesar's Hot N Ready. It used to be 3 toppings but inflation killed that deal. I don't eat it very often but if I do, it's probably my first choice for takeaway pizza. Pizza Hut is loving frozen garbo.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

We must consult Brother Father Jonathan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

kntfkr posted:

If your day is gone, and you want to ride on, cocaaaaaaaaaaine
Don't forget this fact, you can't get it back, cocaaaaaaaaaaaine

loving LMAO

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

I think Domino's is pretty decent these days. They actually have fresh dough balls that they hand stretch and top, which is more than you can say for like, Pizza Hut. And the $7.99 for the 1-topping large is basically a way better version of a Little Caesar's Hot N Ready. It used to be 3 toppings but inflation killed that deal. I don't eat it very often but if I do, it's probably my first choice for takeaway pizza. Pizza Hut is loving frozen garbo.

Back when I was eating Dominos regularly I might have agreed with you. After tasting real pizza and going back to Dominos I'm confident in saying that Dominos tastes like sewage.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

w i z a r d s

a p p r e n t i c e

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

The deal I used to always use was 2 for $5.99 each. A medium 2 topping pizza and wings. It went to $6.99 though a few months ago of course.

Applewhite posted:

I agree but the cheapest local pizza here is more than twice the price of a Dominos equivalent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Linking to Newsmax should be a probe

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

A friend once explained to me the appeal of chain pizza delivery: they're like that friend you have that's a total deadbeat piece of poo poo, but they're always down to hang out when you're drunk and hungry at 2 in the morning and your more reputable friends (i.e. local pizza joints) are in bed.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

precision posted:

Linking to Newsmax should be a probe

gonna agree on this one

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Papa John's hasn't been quality in at least 10 years. I used to order PJ's all the time in college and it WAS heaven, and not just because I was an idiot kid. It was objectively fresher, tastier, and cheaper than the other chain pizzarias.

Then they started cutting costs and now it's an undercooked, overly sweet, artifical cheese, trash meats nightmare. Seriously, I have bad dreams after eating Papa John's.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

anonumos posted:

Papa John's hasn't been quality

gonna agree on this one too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Energy I was Q10 I would sometimes eat a whole half s papa kicks at a tile, often wore stoned lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Applewhite posted:

Back when I was eating Dominos regularly I might have agreed with you. After tasting real pizza and going back to Dominos I'm confident in saying that Dominos tastes like sewage.

Oh okay Dad, Mr. "No TRUE pizza"!!!

edit:

Also this:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I agree but the cheapest local pizza here is more than twice the price of a Dominos equivalent.

An 18 inch large at the "good" place locally is like $28.00 before tip. gently caress that poo poo.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 14, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

precision posted:

Energy I was Q10 I would sometimes eat a whole half s papa kicks at a tile, often wore stoned lol

same

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A friend once explained to me the appeal of chain pizza delivery: they're like that friend you have that's a total deadbeat piece of poo poo, but they're always down to hang out when you're drunk and hungry at 2 in the morning and your more reputable friends (i.e. local pizza joints) are in bed.

Yes this. I can walk three blocks out my front door and run into literally seven local pizza places that are different degrees of fantastic. After 10pm though, Dominos et all has them beat, because they’re all asleep and we’re drunk and Dominos will send a guy over in 20 minutes.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pizza delivery guys are the real angels and should be paid as such. Making pizza is unironically a noble profession.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every now and then I get a delivery from a papa John's and it's still the same hellscape of bad tattoos, bad music and FULL SCREEN!!!! it ever was

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
papa john called me the n word and im white im so confused

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the appeal of chain delivery pizza is it's like half the price of local delivery pizza where i live

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

There's no such thing as local delivery pizza where I live

I guess uber eats and grubhub now, but that's just because of COVID

In fact there really wasn't delivery of any kind here until COVID

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I've never met anyone who has eaten Papa Johns but in 2016 we saw Islands do a ten year anniversary show for Return to the Sea and there was an intermission where Jon Daly of Kroll show fame came on stage with a fake beard and a guitar and a Papa John's cap and introduced himself as "Papa Johns Misty" and fake covered FJM songs but with pizza lyrics.

They incorporated an applause/boo meter into the act & like forced him off, it was really funny.

Not nearly as political or serious as the McCauly Caulkin project, The Pizza Underground. This was the same show where we ran into the full band on the street after the show and my wife chatted up Nick from Islands and got a picture but didn't look at or say anything to Michael Cera cuz she didn't know who that is and he did a so-so job playing guitar so there was nothing to really praise him about.

Also it was Santa Con which is good for seeing sloppy rear end bitches eat one dollar slices on the block, 25 degrees, pussies just out like BLAM!

Now everyday is the same and years blend into one another but I've never sunk so low as to consider trying Papa John's pizza. Or Subway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

Oh okay Dad, Mr. "No TRUE pizza"!!!

edit:

Also this:

An 18 inch large at the "good" place locally is like $28.00 before tip. gently caress that poo poo.

Yeah, a 12" (around the size of a medium Dominos pizza) thin crust with one topping at the trashy local place (but I like them) is about $17. If I get pizza and wings for delivery from the place that I'd rather go to, it'd probably be around $40 with tip.

Toxic Mental posted:

Pizza delivery guys are the real angels and should be paid as such. Making pizza is unironically a noble profession.

Maybe 2-3 years ago I was filming outside my front door during a storm and the tornado sirens going off. A delivery driver was just going about their day delivering pizzas.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 14, 2023