Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also the SDXL models do seem to be a ton better than SD 1.5. i tried playground v2.5 (i think it's its own separate thing, the controls are completely different from SD*, anyway) but it just spit this out:

which, don't get me wrong, is certainly visually kinda interesting. but it's also clearly not even close to what i wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my company just bought me a license for chode pilot

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
still using dreamshaper xl, but played around with clip skip, cfg scale and shift

getting a little closer i guess, lol. prompt was "a color photograph of richard nixon, despondent, having a drinking contest, versus a horse. horse visible, horse drinking liquor, horse winning", same negative as before

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

still using dreamshaper xl, but played around with clip skip, cfg scale and shift

getting a little closer i guess, lol. prompt was "a color photograph of richard nixon, despondent, having a drinking contest, versus a horse. horse visible, horse drinking liquor, horse winning", same negative as before

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
what are you using for those? i just tried "a color photograph of richard nixon, wearing a batman costume, in the oval office, drunk" and he's wearing a goddamn suit

that's dreamshaper XL again, and is kinda funny because for the SD 1.5 models i usually had to specify him wearing a suit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

just loving around with midjourney.

Beeftweeter posted:

"a color photograph of richard nixon, wearing a batman costume, in the oval office, drunk"

not very nixonian but it nailed the era and i love the background portraits it generated lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mediaphage posted:

just loving around with midjourney.

not very nixonian but it nailed the era and i love the background portraits it generated lol

hmm, i suppose it is better than the open-source models, or at least probably includes way more stuff. the quality of the images seems to be about the same, though that does depend heavily on the model and what settings you use when generating with oss stuff locally

anyway yeah those are great and are more in line with what i was picturing (the portraits are indeed the best part, lol). dreamshaper xl does seem to do a very good job of generating nixon, just not outside of very real scenarios lol. "dreamshaper" my rear end

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQnnISdDIU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/skyezera/status/1778903035432870247

I'm Jorch

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
i'm Big Chunus

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
are you telling me that Shimp fried this rice?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I suspect that the text is photoshop because the results never have clear font displayed like that.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah, ai text isn't anywhere near that coherent usually. i guess they could've gotten lucky once or twice but that many different names? nah

also lol @ all the cigarettes in the yearbook

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
hell yeah a yearbook heater. we used to be a society.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

hell yeah a yearbook heater. we used to be a society.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hell yes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
bahahaha

this one is less funny, but still

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
dreamshaper XL doesn't seem to know what "a mcdonalds" is, but

hmm, maybe it does?

lol i didn't specify "obese"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
idk what exactly went wrong here, it's the same settings and prompt as above (and the only difference between that and the previous two is substituting "the oval office" for "a mcdonald's" and "drinking liquor" with "smoking a cigarette"). the only change here was switching models from dreamshaper XL to juggernaut XL v9

:shrug: kinda spooky i guess

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Han: punch it Chewie!
Chewie: Arrwoooo

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

these look like an actor playing nixon in a tv movie, none of them really look like actual richard nixon at all. you'd probably need to train a lora or whatever on him specifically for that.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
perhaps we can combine the two concepts

dickdonalds

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Elder Postsman posted:

these look like an actor playing nixon in a tv movie, none of them really look like actual richard nixon at all. you'd probably need to train a lora or whatever on him specifically for that.

yeah, they're pretty close but you can still tell that it's not him. i guess a LoRA might work, but most things i've seen to force the model make the output resemble a certain person on civit.ai have been "embeddings", which draw things does support but i have no idea how they work, lol. you're supposed to be able to use them with just a keyword but it doesn't seem to work (well, i guess) ime

then there's the problem of 99% of the poo poo out there being for SD 1.x

e: for all of mine i've been leaving "RestoreFormer" (ostensibly some kind of face correction) enabled, maybe that's actually making it look less like him, idk. i'll try a couple without it

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 16, 2024

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

yeah i'm just using 1.5 anyways. i've tried training embeddings locally but i've never gotten good results from it.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah i'm just using 1.5 anyways. i've tried training embeddings locally but i've never gotten good results from it.

i was wondering if i can use some 1.x model as a "refiner" with maybe dreamshaper XL as the primary model (it seems pretty good at doing the oval office at least, lol), and it seems like you can. since those seem to be better at more outlandish prompts (and XL is better at realism), maybe that might net better results, idk. you might have read my previous post before the edit too, i'll see if maybe turning off restoreformer might help

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol the nips

TerminalRaptor posted:

Han: punch it Chewie!
Chewie: Arrwoooo

also lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That little "ethnically ambiguous" bit and the reason it keeps showing up is a fantastic example for the design ethics and bias course I am slowly putting together.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Agile Vector posted:

lol the nips

yeah lmao. i, for one, blame joel schumacher

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
was just looking for new models and this is kinda neat. it loops on the site, which works better

https://image.civitai.com/xG1nkqKTMzGDvpLrqFT7WA/bc0cc3a4-9981-4fa8-b309-d798960cbf2f/transcode=true,original=true/AD_00003%20%2812%29.mp4

(from https://civitai.com/images/10006126)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that first shift makes my temples contract in a weird way :pwn:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is genuinely upsetting me how much i appreciate meta/zuck for their continued wrench-throwing, with llama 3 being released randomly and wrecking a bunch of much larger (closed, investor storytime) models. like, i don't quite get why they do this, but it is fun.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i was looking at downloading (stable diffusion, not LLM) models yesterday and found out that the same developer that made dreamshaper has another model pack called "AbsoluteReality", which is intended for photorealism. dreamshaper, apparently, is not lol, although it does a decent job of it considering

i just remembered that now lol so i haven't tried it (or even downloaded it), but i will now and see what it can do. dreamshaper is pretty good ime, so hopefully this is too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also idk what kind of format it's expecting but i can't get draw things to import a lot of SDXL stuff, which really sucks because e.g. there's a deep space 9 LoRA that looks cool lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i request an image of "tweetin beef, beeef tweet tweet"

im joshin cause i think your username is funny but also im deadly serious about my request

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i wish i could use the ds9 LoRAs because quark's bar would be a great place to put yospos characters

e: there's another SD v1.x LoRA for the enterprise-d bridge: https://civitai.com/models/197887/star-trek-bridge-galaxy-class but it's a little bare

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 20, 2024

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Beeftweeter posted:

also idk what kind of format it's expecting but i can't get draw things to import a lot of SDXL stuff, which really sucks because e.g. there's a deep space 9 LoRA that looks cool lol

the only real format for lora is safetensors, so i'd be surprised if it's expecting anything else, is it failing to import, not loading, or just not producing results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

dang, gonna shelve my dreams of a fully caked up quark :sigh: