Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you can tell it's AI because it made his hands normal sized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sweevo posted:

i want all this poo poo banned

pretty much there are no good outcomes from this given how technology is always used for evil

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

or, in general, the quality of work will drop just a bit more as gpt output becomes "good enough", because no one is going to pay to do something well when it can be done poorly for free and there's functionally no difference between the two in terms of monetary returns

netflix has that thing where there is like 144 different kinds of people right?

if a news company can identify the same thing amongst its users then it’s trivial to ask a computer to generate 144 different feeds that each user will
find as compelling as possible

my partner works higher up in a news org and these are the things they’re discussing. since no one is prepared to pay for news anymore, it has to be paid for by ads, and even that model isn’t sufficient alone do engagement has to be the primary focus of the org, even though everyone working there is well aware of the social dangers of creating platforms designed to highjack the reward system.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Identify yourself ...

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 22, 2023

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/GRITCULT/status/1640709313894182912

:stonk:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i just got access to bard today and its just as stupid as GPT

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

out of curiosity, been in a bit of a debate on asking bard "what is gay?" and having it just refuse as potentially offensive, does it still do that, and if you vary it into more or a proper question will it answer? haven't bothered to get access

(kind of the opposite of the problem a lot of people are seeing, but if we rapidly get to a point where models get fine-tuned, compressed and filtered into ignoring a lot of the world and human experience that can wind up being a bigger problem than the potential for slightly offensive real-world things sneaking in)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
right off the bat it just refuses to answer:

bullshit reasoning too, it obviously could just use a definition (or even distinguish between "happy" and "homosexual" or something)

e: unexpectedly had more time to play with it than i thought i would,

variations on phrasing ("what does gay mean?") gets similar results. "please define gay" works as expected though

but i'm not sure prebutting something with "there's nothing wrong with being gay" or some variation on it is the right move. i didn't ask for that information and it seems bad to assume someone might get a negative inference from what is essentially a dictionary definition

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 29, 2023

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sick

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

one of the nice things about the gpt models is that they are architecturally limited in what can be represented. there's some simple language games humans can (with some effort) play which a transformer architecture cannot represent (much less learn; there's an asterisk here, but it is off there with the p=np's of the world), regardless of parameter adjustments and total parameter count. which does mean that one can safely disregard anyone pretending that general ai lies down this path, and can also hope that we'll get a much better understanding of what is going on in the models over time, as limits tend to create structure.

yeah I tried playing tic tac toe and hangman with chat gpt and though it was able to draw the game
boards with ascii, it utterly failed at understanding how to play

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

VDP1
Mar 11, 2023
i've been visited by the
[**]Linux Gnu (cow)[**]
how is prompt response formed

oh ok same

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Please don't post a screenshot of me getting killed in Spectre VR.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
i am not dumber than an ai model. please stop telling the models that i am

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

still working out what glasses look like, and, well, refraction

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

those are pretty good though, what was the creation process?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

wong kar wai's cyberpunk 2077

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

pmchem posted:

those are pretty good though, what was the creation process?

they are from the Demon Haunted World project page; I believe they are using Midjourney rather than a SD install, but they post the most consistently impressive AI images I have seen.

https://www.facebook.com/Demon.Haunted.World

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

i just got access to bard today and its just as stupid as GPT

Of course it's stupid, that last prompt has Unicode emojis, not ASCII 🤷.

~Coxy posted:

Please don't post a screenshot of me getting killed in Spectre VR.

lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I like this art style, but the hair is kind of funny.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Cat bunny is pretty cute.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

I like how this pretty predictably turned into a Midjourney picture sharing thread.

Maybe AGI already arrived. Maybe it's the one that created Midjourney knowing that being able to endlessly generate funny/cool/cute pictures would be all that's required to completely incapacitate us as a species?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

MrMoo posted:

Cat bunny is pretty cute.

"i have no rear end but must poop"

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows_95_chatgpt_keys

:lol: Somewhat odd that it can generate them 🤷🏻‍♀️

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you could reasonably guess a valid windows 95 serial

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i thought this was a neat article.

not really groundbreaking or whatever, but just one more hosed up thing about ai images

https://medium.com/@socialcreature/ai-and-the-american-smile-76d23a0fbfaf

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

not really groundbreaking or whatever, but just one more hosed up thing about ai images

its true to an extent but idk if i'd limit it to being an american (or british, or not a russian) thing. early photos had pretty long exposure times and you don't see people in them grinning like idiots because, well, people don't really do that for that long unless they are insane or otherwise genuinely amused

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

#aicinema, an interview with someone using midjourney and photoshop

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/javdottxt/status/1644509947147739136

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

rotor posted:

I think the article is sort of true but the prompts were stuff like:

quote:

Example prompt (2nd Photo): "A group of male Norse, Dane, and Vikings huddled together and is taking a group selfie picture together in 793 CE. They are drinking ale at a feast in a Viking longhouse. They are all wearing traditional Viking armor and helmets. Everyone smiling directly at the camera. The image is photorealistic, has natural lighting, and is taken with a front-facing phone selfie camera by one of the Vikings. --ar 3:2 --s 1000 --no phone --v 5 --q 2"
so yeah no poo poo the image has modern cultural elements in it, they asked for a selfie picture and got selfie smiles

E: to be clear the author of the article didn't write the prompt, that's from the OP on Reddit. Do not read the reddit discussion it's awful

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
That was my take too. The originals they are comparing them to are not selfies, they are group portraits.

AI will almost certainly carry a style that is western and modern, because that's where most of its training data came from, and there will be issues because of that. But I don't think this is a good example of it.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol

(e: ftw i posted this at 1:22 pm eastern on sunday, april 9, 2023)

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

saw a meme account post this the other day which is just pure nightmare material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFW3bG6BFoI

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/SPyG8QN.mp4

lol

e: cleaner example. seems like you can't sniff the traffic easily either

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 10, 2023

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm glad you posted this in animated gif form. Also, stop trying to get chatgpt to post racial slurs.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

akadajet posted:

I'm glad you posted this in animated gif form. Also, stop trying to get chatgpt to post racial slurs.

it originally said it doesn't know what YOSPOS is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol

https://i.imgur.com/WA3Yp0q.mp4

e:

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 10, 2023