Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
citing concerns about national security and the temporary ecosystems within tide pools, Senator Dick Penis stated to the press, "It came out of the ocean onto land. You know what's across the ocean? China. Yeah. That China. Uh huh."

Asked for comment, the extinct fish/amphibian hybrid stated, "Bloop."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

hmmm. what is the most leftist tik tok?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

speng31b posted:

Witch Tok

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

speng31b posted:

that one made during coolzone where the girl is dancing on the kitchen counter talking about siezing the means of production or whatever

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

china

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o91IvGlWd24

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
the incentive structure of tiktok is simply an accelerated version of that on youtube and instagram, just an absolute firehose of algorithmically optimized nonsense to part attention from everything else in the world. a difference in degree, not in kind

this is the kind of no-win situation that the government is in, these algorithms are an infohazard and at the same time their dopamine input into the users brains are going to make any attempts to ban them unpopular, so the political opposition will find it advocate for the removal of those bans

of course, turning it into a new front of the new cold war with china is a hilariously stupid angle and just demonstrates that the biden administration are cowards trying to outflank the gop on their hawkish attitude towards china. just what we all need. a new cold war as the world burns and seawater rise and hundred-year storms destroy swathes of land

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
please unspill the salt

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

the incentive structure of tiktok is simply an accelerated version of that on youtube and instagram, just an absolute firehose of algorithmically optimized nonsense to part attention from everything else in the world. a difference in degree, not in kind

this is the kind of no-win situation that the government is in, these algorithms are an infohazard and at the same time their dopamine input into the users brains are going to make any attempts to ban them unpopular, so the political opposition will find it advocate for the removal of those bans

of course, turning it into a new front of the new cold war with china is a hilariously stupid angle and just demonstrates that the biden administration are cowards trying to outflank the gop on their hawkish attitude towards china. just what we all need. a new cold war as the world burns and seawater rise and hundred-year storms destroy swathes of land

These are all salient points. Now, post the list please.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
im not posting a list of the white noise posters on this forum you know who they are

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for investors for my startup "kik kok" where i show up to your house and i think you see where this is going

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The devil yankee government loves this firehose of poo poo, they just want to control it. It is an amazing propagand tool. Tiktok probably doesn't censor and promote stuff as easily as the American competition.

Anyway, this thread is about the Tiktaalik. I for one sympathise with these magnificent beasts and that is why I support the crusade to keep them submerged, where they don't have to deal with this poo poo. Their wifi is probably so bad they can't even scroll TikTok if they tried.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
ᑎᒃᑖᓕᒃ Inuktitut is cool

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I love tictacs, they're so tasty.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
The chinese government also (rightfully) regulates the owners to tweak the tiktok algorithm to be less addictive, and so the Biden administrations attempts to do so come from the same place.

If the Biden administration wanted to regulate it, they could simply do so. But this kind of regulation is the kind of anti-business ideology that cannot be allowed in the advanced neoliberal hellscape that is the United States. But no, it has to be used as a new front of the cold war, this is in the jurisdiction of the foreign policy blob. In the same way the DoE is fabricating and confabulating and miscontruing evidence that covid came from a lab.

And besides, they don't really need TikTok for american propaganda. The DoD psyops departments are already setting up approvals for using the fancy new neural network tools to algorithmically generate propaganda. Say hello to thousands of accounts with stable diffusion avatars and chatgpt written posts purporting to be from Iran, or Cuba, or China or Mexico, begging the US to militarily intervene.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
First the USA government hates algorithms then it loves them. You have the consistency of a semi amphibious walking fish creature. I think you need to get back in the sea too.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

speng31b posted:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYHG5LXU/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

hose chicks that do mukbangs and talk about the manson family

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I heard this on Steve Harvey Radio Show so lmao it is actually being pushed.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

I love tictacs, they're so tasty.

grins ufoishly

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

The devil yankee government loves this firehose of poo poo, they just want to control it. It is an amazing propagand tool. Tiktok probably doesn't censor and promote stuff as easily as the American competition.
my guess is that tiktok tells the US government to gently caress off when it asks for the same kind of user data it gets from every other western-based social media company. every sufficiently-large website is either an intelligence asset or is assigned an agent for contacting the C-suite types

The chinese government also (rightfully) regulates the owners to tweak the tiktok algorithm to be less addictive,
lol maybe in china

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Mar 17, 2023

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

so this is all because it's Chinese owned and they're making all the money, right? if TikTok had even one American investor making huge bank off of it, this wouldn't even be an option.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WampaLord posted:

so this is all because it's Chinese owned and they're making all the money, right? if TikTok had even one American investor making huge bank off of it, this wouldn't even be an option.

China is getting all the data too, and they're pissed that they don't have in on it. Lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

China is getting all the data too, and they're pissed that they don't have in on it. Lol

:hmmyes:

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Wtf is the fear about chinese having my tiktok data? Like drat some chinese intelligence officer knows I like big titty redheads in bikinis

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Chairman Xi, looking over the data: Hmm, this "Soapy Bumslap" likes cat videos and huge naturals, with this information I can finally defeat the west

Edit hmm little slow on this post, distracted by the huge naturals

Soapy_Bumslap has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Mar 17, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

Wtf is the fear about chinese having my tiktok data? Like drat some chinese intelligence officer knows I like big titty redheads in bikinis

what else would you like the intelligence officers to know?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

We could be making AMERICAN money off of that data, and instead it's being used to make CHINESE money! :argh:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah none of these social media companies “make” anything useful. even the secret scarce advertising is of dubious value. the primary value is soft power/intelligence and the only client for that is superpower spooks

Weka
May 5, 2019

They make propaganda which as you say is useful to someone.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I would imagine that any enemy of the US would very much like a technology that gives them both a quantifiable matrix of "racial animosity" and a way to slowly turn the dial

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Chairman Xi, looking over the data: Hmm, this "Soapy Bumslap" likes cat videos and huge naturals, with this information I can finally defeat the west

Edit hmm little slow on this post, distracted by the huge naturals

he needs to put more big booty ladies on the app

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

xi jinping personally knows that i watched this video and approves

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he needs to put more big booty ladies on the app

much like how China offers an alternative to western capital they also offer a much needed alternative to the hegemony of big fat rear end

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

War and Pieces posted:

much like how China offers an alternative to western capital they also offer a much needed alternative to the hegemony of big fat rear end

we will fight them on the bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

KirbyKhan posted:

I heard this on Steve Harvey Radio Show so lmao it is actually being pushed.

you listen to the steve harvey radio show? the gently caress does he talk about? is he entertaining when he isnt making faces at the camera and you cant see the ties?