Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:firstpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also mods please stop with the finger wagging probation reasons like you're a parent scolding a child (not singling any one mod out on this). it's extremelyt cringe and only further serves to separate mods into this authoritative class that is separateand morally superior to posters

this

Also please, please for the love of god kill gimmick accounts and gimmick posting on sight. They're not funny, they've never been funny, and there will never be a funny one.

Also make me IK of the RLM thread so i can chain probate driftingmouse and xjakk when they post there

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

its one or the other cmon

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol get his rear end

her*

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Anyway I think rebooting megathreads at least yearly should help out bringing in new people to them at least.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

how the gently caress will we ever get to 5000 pages then????

post more!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Just checked a few and it looks like they are, yeah. I think the only kinda stale one is r/relationships, then.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I know there are some technical issues on the backend where things can get wonky once a thread reaches x pages. I think it’s more that it’s hard for new folks to get into the culture of a mega thread because there’s thousands of pages of back history. I say :justpost: but I can understand less adventurous or newer posters getting intimidated by larger threads.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

Proposal to rename Seth "Shrek Pecksniff"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Things on astral's high priority list:

* ???

Things on astral's low priority list:

* Everything else

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

It's still kind of weird that there's tiers of slurs?

Not really? Some words are felt as more offensive than other words to different people, and depending on who's setting policy or the community at large (in general terms here, not trying to point out anyone or even SA specifically), a word might not be a big deal in a space, while the same word is a big no in other spaces. This is just a language thing, not specific to SA.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

smugworth vs slugworth thunderdome when. whoever wins becomes a mod we lose

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

that poo poo loving sucked

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

ngl i used to be all about the proper punctuation but then i realised life's too short, so i did a really sick kickflip and put on my shades and rode off into shitpost land.

preach

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

maybe xeed can go to dnd or something i think they punctuate properly there

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

XeeD posted:

You're almost there, friend. More apostro'phes yet! M'o'r'e'!

My point was we used to be the good part of the internet without the AOLspeak bullshit. We were once a proud bastion of smart in a sea of dumb. What the gently caress happened?

you started posting

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

also the 5000 page thread is due for its annual reset

:hmmyes:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I feel like somebody said the site imploded after the owner melted down after getting cheated on

i thought you were talking about SA for a hot minute there

I was thinking, "It hasn't imploded... yet"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yeah that was not a good one considering the room, nooner.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i have to say i do feel a little bit starstruck to have not one, but two forums-wide superstars in GBS

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, it wasn't, but it was also pretty clearly a somewhat convoluted but on-topic joke so I let it ride.

Yeah I also thought it was funny but if a little on the mrhmmm side, but your call.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

My feedback for GBS is that that looks like a darn good cat.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Slugworth posted:

She smiles when she sleeps. That's how much she likes sleeping.

heck same

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dixville posted:

I think on the subject of spr the subforums can all come together and say, as a forum made whole:

Lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

the hell

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

oh wow who bought me this redtext av of a maimed cat telling me i should kill myself for not liking the cat pics. Space Kablooey, that you? wait nm the sagas thjread told me where it's from. thanks all

Rip hcotc he's gonna get obliterated when Jeff wakes up from his second power nap of the day

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Here's my unamused cat on my ratty old gamer chair to distract from my heinous purchase

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

this thread belongs in the goldmine btw

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

You're going to find this hard to believe in light of recent events but I did not buy this avatar for myself

can we get jeff on this???

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Well that's an embarrassing reveal for spr. Those she is critical of are still bad posters.

she still could have called them out for being bad posters without the transphobia

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

e: im getting too mean itt i should go back to work, sry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

no fuckuing poo poo. which is why the thread should have been goldmined already wtf