Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

but using it against women is going to be a red line for me personally

I'd be pretty annoyed if some mod dude swooped in to punish someone for calling me "oval office", especially if I didn't make any request for it, that's patronising as heck. If the content of post was an outright attack then sure but yeaahhh no thnx.

As always this comes down to context being an important factor but I've already spoken to you about this a few times so lol

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

If the UK thread got killed you'd be getting a constant stream of new "which monster munch is better?" and "rate my meal deal" threads every week.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dixville posted:

As a cis female,

lmao

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

that response reads like "thanks for the feedback but our current method is perfect and thusly, request denied :thanks:"

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No honeypot; we do want opinions on this but it doesn't mean we're going to act at this exact moment

So just to be clear, they're just posting their views rather than outright dismissing people?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Oh I don't want anyone to get the perma goodbye unless they're terminally unfunny and punching down/just being an rear end in a top hat instead of trying to be funny or constructive. I'm also not against gimmick posters at all if they're good. Some of the most beloved posters of all time are pure gimmick. Except driftingmouse, please permanently ban them immediately. They post the laziest death threads with a link and maybe 1 line if that. Worthless disrespectful to the dead poster.

To the person saying I don't like gbs, yeah maybe that's what's it's turned into? It's been my default for things to read, joke about, laugh at, etc for longer than I've been alive. Dunno, the overly modded first half of gbs' life is pretty universally decried as the nadir of gbs, but it also had the most and best posters of that era who have all long gone. Am I an old that doesn't like the change, I dunno. It hasn't been the same since Lowtax killed it and made gbs 3.0 a decade ago. Maybe we should have some fun posting or content creation contests. Ms paint thread!

I had been considering coming up with some creativity contest threads but I'm not sure what to do. During lockdown we ran a Bake Off contest which went down pretty well and I'd love to see more of that. :3:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I read 3 random pages of this thread and they were all about the c*** word.

oval office is very important to me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

So much hostility.