Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Can we just ban all the olive haters already? No one will weep for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Each subforum has its own particular tone. GBS is for broad humor and the occasional seriouspost. BYOB is for chill wackiness. FYAD is for trolling. PYF is for... whatever PYF is for.

These forums should have sovereignty over their own tone and content, and should not be able to interfere with the tone and content of other subforums. If you don't like people badmouthing PT Cruisers, stay out of AI.

Forums-wide policy should be reserved for issues that could result in legal action against the website or harm against its users. This would include things like child abuse, file-sharing, encouraging suicide, doxxing, etc. You would want an actual lawyer to weigh in on this. And that lawyer should also have expertise in international law--unless my SAD proposal to permaban all non-US posters is adopted.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 21, 2023

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

isaboo posted:

a lot of goons are terrible at curating and moderating their own forum experience. shocking.

maybe make more tools available - a better ignore function that also hides the offending post if it is quoted, a user defined 'gentle caress' function etc

I don't know though I'm just a oval office

Some people enjoy getting angry at things, and they choose to constantly ruminate on topics/thread/posters that make them angry in the same way that one might enjoy picking at a scab.

We owe it to these people to keep shitposting.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bagmonkey posted:

9/11 jokes are still funny when you remember to make them

never forget

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

*posting from Apple iPhone 14 MAX™️* There is no poll!!!

So you're saying that the election was stolen, and we need to storm the admin forum to install Smugworth as mod by force?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

gently caress no! I toxxed myself that would never become a mod!

Then it was truly brave of you to take a stand against the stolen election and insist on Smugworth being modded. You must really love this forum. :patriot:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bagmonkey posted:

Sorry no one will touch you but you don't gotta take it out on the whole rear end forums 16BB

Do you guys want me to create an "endlessly talk about which Final Fantasy game is the best" thread so you guys can feel at home

No Final Fantasy games are good. They are all child-minded escapist drivel for people whose poor life choices have resulted in them having hundreds of hours to spend grinding out levels to unlock virtual magical doodads or custom skins or whatever.

True Primal Alphas play emulated NES adventure games and consider the constant glitching to be just another challenge to be conquered--which makes us irresistible to potential sexual partners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

oh wow who bought me this redtext av of a maimed cat telling me i should kill myself for not liking the cat pics. Space Kablooey, that you? wait nm the sagas thjread told me where it's from. thanks all