Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm rewatching it as well, currently partway through season 2, and turns out that somehow a once-deleted season 1 episode was just sort of crammed in there. Imagine my surprise when agent Francis was randomly alive again. I thought I'd missed something important about a flashback or alternate timeline or something, but nope it was just studio fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, I always kinda figured that Olivia's flat affect was mostly a matter of direction or writing. I thought it makes for a pretty fun contrast in those moments where she's actually allowed to emote, like when she's hanging out with her niece or as Fauxlivia.

But yeah, Jackson/Peter gives me nothing. For a character as central to the plot as him, his performance is just... nothing.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm fairly deep into season 3 now, and while it's still solid fun I gotta say some of the decisions they made are kinda losing me a bit. The whole thing with people's emotions causing vortices and Peter and Olivia being star-crossed lovers since childhood whose relationship will determine the fate of the universe is probably intended to be poetic, but frankly just comes off as melodramatic. Sure, the show always leaned into the weird, but usually it at least tried to stay vaguely grounded in halfway feasible concepts. At this point they seem determined to just go with gently caress it people are energy and energy is magic.

That said, I still do very much enjoy Olivia hamming it up as Bell's ghost :allears: