Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kild posted:

What the gently caress does harvesting private communications mean??

poo poo happened, we left a game, and made a server with friends to talk about it.
that's it.

we were then accused of being evil and gaslighting and abusive because we wanted to talk about what the hell happened with others. and everyone we talked to ended up going "oh i thought i was the only one." and then revealing more about the game.

the games are literally structured so your only discussion of the game is 1:1 with mods. it is against the rules and banworthy on the server to discuss the game as it's happening with others, because it would compromise plot.

we weren't told about the weird sex dolls of our characters. we weren't told about the npc who the staff member playing described as "a head empty bimbo slave girl" who was described as incredibly childlike that happened after we left. there was a bunch of "secret endgame plot content" about our characters that we weren't warned about at all because it would be spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I want to be absolutely clear about this, because I see that this is already devolving into the same inane nonsense it devolved into last time Bees tried this on my discord server.

I ran Riven. Podima assisted, often kicking and screaming, to make my dream a reality. It was, largely, still a tremendous failure.

He is not responsible. I am the OP on the forum thread. I am the owner of the discord server. (idiots)

Conflating these two games and hiding my ownership of Riven was willfully manipulative, of the exact sort of character I have come to expect from Bees et al.

everythingWasBees posted:

so the game with the extended torture scene was the riven game. i can't speak to that directly because i didn't play in it.

the one with the autism sex dolls was meant to be a "sailor moon/utena" type game about what's essentially a highschool reunion.

oh hey, thanks. you're loving late. you started off with a misrepresentation that better served your narrative, and now you're walking it back. anything else you want to clarify?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

peramene posted:

I want to be absolutely clear about this, because I see that this is already devolving into the same inane nonsense it devolved into last time Bees tried this on my discord server.

I ran Riven. Podima assisted, often kicking and screaming, to make my dream a reality. It was, largely, still a tremendous failure.

He is not responsible. I am the OP on the forum thread. I am the owner of the discord server. (idiots)

Conflating these two games and hiding my ownership of Riven was willfully manipulative, of the exact sort of character I have come to expect from Bees et al.

oh hey, thanks. you're loving late. you started off with a misrepresentation that better served your narrative, and now you're walking it back. anything else you want to clarify?

Umm, this explains absolutely loving nothing and exonerates nobody, especially podima.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

peramene posted:

I don't think you actually own Riven Steam says it's someone called Brouderbund?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

peramene posted:

lmfao at everhthing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i do like when you're just surfing on the internet and see this eruption of drama about a subject you never have and never will care about in the far distance

like a ship captain who spies a breaching whale

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

peramene posted:

peramene: the sequel to the lord of hats

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
genuinely getting some traitorous vibes from the players grumbling about the mpreg themes in my The Neverhood rp server

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol goldmine and take away podimas buttons

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

peramene posted:

thank u for ur service

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

did someone show up and demand author credit for the weird sex pest rp

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Meinberg posted:

FWIW, I do not think that Podima is a sex pest. I do think that he doesn’t understand the effect that being in a position of power enables him, and this carelessness leads to abuses that while not intentional are still harmful. I don’t think he deserves a perma or whatever, but I agree in stating that I feel uncomfortable with the idea of him as an admin.
hes a creep dude. people don't act like that and make this many people uncomfortable and then knowingly disregard it if they're not creeps

the way what he wrote was worded tells me he is fully aware what he was doing with weird sex stuff was making people uncomfortable to the point they said something and was using that response to publicly shame the person who responded into compliance - that's controlling and manipulative creep behavior 100%

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

peramene posted:

"Hey all - Just wanted to clear some things up, I'm errr actually super weird and a hosed up freak also! Just wanted to clarify for the thread lmfao"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Laughing at everything.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bees is evil because they made a discord to harvest communications and thus can’t be trusted.

Ignore the weird RP poo poo I was doing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

peramene posted:

lmfao what the hell is this, what the gently caress

I'm dying

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

everythingWasBees posted:

poo poo happened, we left a game, and made a server with friends to talk about it.
that's it.

we were then accused of being evil and gaslighting and abusive because we wanted to talk about what the hell happened with others. and everyone we talked to ended up going "oh i thought i was the only one." and then revealing more about the game.

the games are literally structured so your only discussion of the game is 1:1 with mods. it is against the rules and banworthy on the server to discuss the game as it's happening with others, because it would compromise plot.

we weren't told about the weird sex dolls of our characters. we weren't told about the npc who the staff member playing described as "a head empty bimbo slave girl" who was described as incredibly childlike that happened after we left. there was a bunch of "secret endgame plot content" about our characters that we weren't warned about at all because it would be spoilers.

:yikes:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

peramene posted:

Oh cool, thanks for coming by so how many sex bots do you own?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
man if only there were some way to involve the community in a decision like this earlier so that people could have warned the admins in advance. ah well im sure that never actually posting with people will backfire. now to take a long, slow sip of my coffee before loading SAD.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've been running rpgs for about 12 years now, with a bunch of campaigns i recruited for on sa. i've never had to give a long list of content warnings outside of "there will most likely be violence because you're adventurers/criminals/mech pilots" and stuff for like drugs i guess. there's also safety tools you can use, and i try to make sure that the players understand that they can just tell me they're not comfortable with something and i'll immediately drop it

but of course i'm not out here running games with weird sex dolls and poo poo, that's just bizarre

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

peramene posted:

well who to believe about this sex pervert situation... bees, or

peramene posted:

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But anything for Audrey.

quote:

In HunieCam Studio players take control of a sleazy cam girl operation. Rake in stacks of filthy internet money and attract as many disgusting fans as you can in this fast paced, click happy and thoroughly perverted take on the business tycoon / management sim genre!

Recruit cam models from an eclectic cast of cuties who have probably made some poor life choices. Manage your girls' daily errands/activities to keep them stress-free and productive. Invest in various aspects of your business to improve functions and expand operations. Optimize your cam shows by promoting girls who match popular trends/fetishes. Abandon your morals and disappoint everybody who cares about you!

Up to 18 unique cam girls covering a wide variety of perverse preferences!
Send your models to the strip club to increase their talent, the photo studio for more exposure, the day spa to relax a bit, etc...
Analyze important stats on your fans and performers to maximize revenue!
Purchase sex toys and other kinky accessories to aid the girls' performances and boost viewership!
Promote your studio on other adult sites and fetish communities all over the web!
Contract up to six horrific STDs including chlamydia, syphilis and gonorrhea!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
There's a lot of things I want to give the new admin of the forums - a handshake, a hug, a hearty welcome - but credit for the epic rape RP I concocted on discord? Well, that's simply not one of them.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
this is telling on myself but I'm at least 80% sure that the sex doll character is based on Chris Chan. there are way too many similarities

peramene posted:

i'm picturing Walter White saying this as one of his famous Heisenberg rants

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

peramene posted:

uh... hmmm.... erm..... yeah.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yo, what the gently caress

To rule in as TRADGAMES MOD VOICE or whatever: I've never seen any of this before, and it troubles me. Whether or not Podima created the sex-doll character, assigning that character to a player and then saying "well, it's a roleplay opportunity!" when the player is uncomfortable is extremely bad GM conduct. The correct answer was either "okay, let's change the character into something you're okay with" or "okay, I'll get you a new character." I would also be extremely pissed as a player if I joined a game that seemed like it had robust content warnings, and then it turns out that "sexual diversity" and "romances that don't work out" meant "another PC is loving a sex robot based off your PC."

As a poster: yo, seriously, what the gently caress

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Endorph posted:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

peramene posted:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The slave girl was inspired fairly directly by Anthy in Utena, though in that series the whole situation around Anthy is fairly well known and described as hosed up, indeed the hosed upedness of the objectification of women is perhaps the core theme of the series. In IMG, the slave girl was depicted as being freshly created (hatched from a magic egg), and desperately down to gently caress.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The simple fact that someone (multiple people, I think?) raised to Podima that they were uncomfortable with something in a game he was (co-) running and his responsive was dismissive and prioritised his own feelings and (co-)ownership of the game is enough to say that he should absolutely not be an admin. Or a mod, probably. But at the very least not an admin. Who is going to want to bring sensitive issues to him, and who will trust him to deal with them appropriately after this?

That's all it boils down to, the details about who wrote what or copying messages or whatever aren't really relevant imo.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
First and foremost, I want to apologize again again to everyone who was impacted by this, players or otherwise. For Riven, I screwed up by allowing content into the game that shouldn't have been present in the first place without a lot of conversations that we as a game were frankly not equipped to handle at the time. For IMG, I definitely screwed up in not being more flexible with the game materials when adapting from the original source, and I didn't handle it well in the moment as a game moderator when players raised their understandable concerns - for that I'm sincerely sorry. I should have taken that feedback instead of trying to hold to the original writing.

What happened with IMG is something that I've thought about a lot in the aftermath and have changed the way I manage games to ensure players have venues to safely express concerns and raise flags through clear lines of communication, but that doesn't alleviate the harm I caused. For those of you who were players, I know there may not be much I can do now, but if you want to talk through any of this I'm more than happy to hear you out and make whatever amends I can directly.

Anyways, I'll ask Jeffrey to remove my star. That's the least I can do at this point, but again - I'm really sorry for the harm caused by my game modding decisions.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

peramene posted:

Pod played the character performing the torture. Pod dismissed concerns about sexual violence in the game, and was responsible for IMG (the sex doll game as everybody has named it now). You ran Riven, but Pod assisted. Pod was also the mod for the forum in which recruiting was performed on, and if i remember correctly staff on your server. Pod repeatedly turned "people being uncomfortable about his torture scene" into a running joke. Pod is directly responsible for a lot.

I didn't include anything else about Riven because I wasn't in it, and only discussed the bit Pod was responsible for. I've heard a lot about the other games but you weren't nominated as admin. How he ran IMG, how he dismissed player concerns, and how he used personal information about the players to amplify emotional intensity was all hosed and should be disqualifying as an admin.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

peramene posted:

lmao at seeing a bunch of people throwing hand grenades directly at podima's nuts and thinking "I need to get in on this" and running in front of podima

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

man if only there were some way to involve the community in a decision like this earlier so that people could have warned the admins in advance. ah well im sure that never actually posting with people will backfire. now to take a long, slow sip of my coffee before loading SAD.

it's our fault, really. if only posters had been discussing for weeks on end in multiple different threads in the subforum created specifically to solicit feedback on improving the forums that admins and mod making decisions in their little spider hole away from the prying eyes of the degenerate public was bad, we'd have had some way to head this sort of thing off. Ahh, oh well.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Podima posted:

First and foremost, I want to apologize again again to everyone who was impacted by this, players or otherwise. For Riven, I screwed up by allowing content into the game that shouldn't have been present in the first place without a lot of conversations that we as a game were frankly not equipped to handle at the time. For IMG, I definitely screwed up in not being more flexible with the game materials when adapting from the original source, and I didn't handle it well in the moment as a game moderator when players raised their understandable concerns - for that I'm sincerely sorry. I should have taken that feedback instead of trying to hold to the original writing.

What happened with IMG is something that I've thought about a lot in the aftermath and have changed the way I manage games to ensure players have venues to safely express concerns and raise flags through clear lines of communication, but that doesn't alleviate the harm I caused. For those of you who were players, I know there may not be much I can do now, but if you want to talk through any of this I'm more than happy to hear you out and make whatever amends I can directly.

Anyways, I'll ask Jeffrey to remove my star. That's the least I can do at this point, but again - I'm really sorry for the harm caused by my game modding decisions.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

well, im not sure what happened here but it looks like a rousing success for the somethingawful community

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

oh my god

Podima posted:

Holy poo poo an actual mature adult decision. Now I definitely know you aren't qualified to be a forums janitor.

:drat:

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

renessia posted:

This was Pod's response to some folks expressing concern over how the sex-doll game was being handled.

This is completely hosed up and should immediately be disqualifying for any community leadership position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

peramene posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meinberg posted:

The slave girl was inspired fairly directly by Anthy in Utena, though in that series the whole situation around Anthy is fairly well known and described as hosed up, indeed the hosed upedness of the objectification of women is perhaps the core theme of the series. In IMG, the slave girl was depicted as being freshly created (hatched from a magic egg), and desperately down to gently caress.

all this lore