Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Meinberg posted:

The torture stuff happened during the playing of the Riven megagame, which you can find a link for here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851229

The worst stuff did happen off site though. I’ll see if I can find anything, but I imagine that I’ve been removed from any discords that have any specific receipts. I can say, though, that in the second game where bad stuff happened, I was assigned this character to play: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iqACiju_RoJtYaluMgI1ZSOzkZOtlT-AcX4KrtD0EW8/edit

Despite offering complaints in discord about the sexual violence of the character’s backstory, I was told to ignore the concerns and at the time I believed that was the best course of action, despite later events (as described above) leading me to regret that decision.

Was it Podima specifically that wrote up a 18 pages of backstory about an evil autistic kid who builds sex robots of his female roommates because they won't return his advances? and then assigned it to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
this is telling on myself but I'm at least 80% sure that the sex doll character is based on Chris Chan. there are way too many similarities

peramene posted:

I want to be absolutely clear about this, because I see that this is already devolving into the same inane nonsense it devolved into last time Bees tried this on my discord server.

I ran Riven. Podima assisted, often kicking and screaming, to make my dream a reality. It was, largely, still a tremendous failure.

He is not responsible. I am the OP on the forum thread. I am the owner of the discord server. (idiots)

Conflating these two games and hiding my ownership of Riven was willfully manipulative, of the exact sort of character I have come to expect from Bees et al.

oh hey, thanks. you're loving late. you started off with a misrepresentation that better served your narrative, and now you're walking it back. anything else you want to clarify?

i'm picturing Walter White saying this as one of his famous Heisenberg rants

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

This situation would have gone a lot differently if this topic had remained locked and the subject discussed behind closed doors as initially requested. The SAD IKs, obviously docbeard especially, deserve enormous props for allowing it to unfold, potentially in defiance of Jeffrey himself, because it allowed for people to share their stories and answer questions that obviously everyone had the moment the accusations came about

Similarly, it's admirable that Podima showed up, explained themselves, and did the right thing without any protest

A genuine SAD success story