Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Magnetic North posted:

Now, is this because of an issue with previous Trad Games mods would not have listened? That sounds plausible, considering what I know of the TG moderation team as it was composed until recently.

They wouldn't have listened because Podima was already an IK/mod or do you mean something else?

Also to be clear with this note:

renessia posted:

It was aired and summarily ignored.

Were the concerns aired the ones that were expressed to Podima or was this something that was taken outside that circle? I'm glad this all came out because Jesus Christ gently caress all this poo poo, but if this was all dismissed by other people before that needs to be taken care of, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Magnetic North posted:

I was more referring to the mod team at the time of this event in a broad sense. But yeah, you're probably correct about that. They were assumed to be "good" because they had the star, despite there being very little or possibly zero vetting.

Yeah, I get how vetting is hard but necessary, and there's been acknowledgement that there really wasn't any follow through done in this mod to admin process. It was all rushed and, well, sometimes you roll a 1 when you leave it to chance. :smugwizard:

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know what anyone else meant, but I only aired my concerns to other RPers. Then gave myself a good dose of learned helplessness, figuring I must just be the problem child or the one who can't handle it, since almost everyone else was trucking along fine and didn't seem to think it was of much concern. I also figured it was more of a problem with that discord community in particular though, than the SA forums.

It sounds like a safety failure on a number of levels, where some people were in too deep or did have full trust, so a "minority" of concerned voices were publicly quashed and other people quietly tamped their own reservations down. In a social game with barely-connected strangers it can be hard to speak out about that. Honestly, I had a similar experience not too long ago. It was the most recent time I decided to try a TTRPG game with non-SA strangers and hoo boy a great reminder that Vampire: The Masquerade is not the game to risk that with.

It is all surprising and disappointing. the SA and adjacent people I've played with have been largely respectful and pretty careful, but I'll admit I haven't been interested in the Mafia-type games because they always seemed a lot more intense.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
There's been a lot of good points in the past few pages but also lmao at the Mafia community getting their minds blown at accidentally reinventing abusive cult LARPs. Sorry, that's nowhere near new and anyone who still thinks that way (which is apparently some people here given the one creep showing up to say she had no regrets before eating a permaban) needs to gently caress off.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 19, 2023