Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I've just finished getting caught up on this thread because a lot happened during what was overnight for me. Most of the online roleplaying-specific stuff went way over my head but a lot of this seemed like obvious problems with consent, like "don't pressure people into doing something they don't want to do because it's central to your vision of something." Thank you to the people who came forward to share info, publicly and privately, and thank you to the people who helped explain that no, none of this was normal in whatever community was doing it.

idk I wanted to say more here but my brain is still just going wtf so I'll leave it at that and say I think it would be good to raise admin names in public. I would have thought that something this disqualifying would have come up when Podima was made IK or mod in TG but clearly it didn't, which means it's something that could happen again, so we should make sure it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

he was in an ik position while all of this was happening. I don't know when he was made mod because I'm going to be honest. it's very hard to tell the difference between IK's and mods half the time and they're listed in the same place on the forum.

I didn't want to raise anything because like, even during this thread, other people who had legitimately talked to me about some of these things were getting dms about how evil and gaslighting I am. He/was is beloved by the forums community. Peramene, the permabanned user, was incredibly celebrated as being an incredible writer who made some of the best and most engaging and intense games people had ever played.

I figured he would be the IK of a community but that means very little, and all my friends had already left had or talked about how I had personally betrayed them and their community and were no longer my friends, so I figured it would all it would be a one-off thing that I could just bury.

also it was all offsite discord rp poo poo in a community that would spend three to four hours a day every day rping. the whole thing sounds insane and I figured nobody would treat any of it seriously because what the gently caress.

That's terrible and I'm really sorry that happened to you. Thank you so much for being willing to come forward and tell us what happened.