Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Podima I liked playing forums BSG with you but this poo poo is inexcusable and horrible.

Also to be very clear to people who don’t know how safety systems in roleplaying work, the allegations are basically “no we’re not going to respect others boundaries or fun” in a huge pile of red flags which are then mobilized for the actual sex creep part. (I was not a participant this is just hosed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

renessia posted:

It was aired and summarily ignored.

Where? I didn’t see anything in Trad Games (the forum he modded), QCS, or here.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
for comparison's sake for any admins/staff who don't know how serious a problem this is in terms of roleplaying community and safety, when a game master did this kind of poo poo on a livestream rpg to one of his players without previous consent the whole game series was immediately cancelled and the game master in question became persona non grata across the entire industry: https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/6/21207309/rollplay-far-verona-sexual-assault-lets-play-season-2-canceled

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

This normal for RP? A list of hosed up poo poo this long? I am being serious with this question.

yeah, but it's supposed to contain everything. it's not a problem that it's long, it's a problem that stuff was known to intentionally be left out.

e: for comparison's sake i'm running a tabletop rpg that's classic D&D "go into the dungeon and stab the goblins until treasure falls out" and it's still got four warnings about it at the front.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Good soup! posted:

This is all incredibly bizarre

you thought the last scandal was obscure let me tell you about online riven the sequel to myst forum freeform roleplaying

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
is four hours with a star a new record for admin self-destruction

did we win

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Imma let this one stay open for awhile.

podima is still listed as IK of traditional games and most importantly the subforum of trad games, the game room, where recruiting for games like this clusterfuck happens. those ik permissions should also be removed if they haven't been yet. this ik-ship is still listed on his profile for both forums.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hey guys I’ve been playing Okami. What did I miss

one entire adminhood

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jonah Galtberg posted:

can all the TG posters stop oversharing about their hosed up habits here and go back there now. please. begging

It’s five am and I’m cooking a corned beef for belated st pat’s. I’m a trad games poster and this is my hosed up habit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Autisanal Cheese posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/6/21207309/rollplay-far-verona-sexual-assault-lets-play-season-2-canceled

I think you might be referring to this, though it's almost certain that this type of poo poo has happened more than once. Was surprised to learn the DM in trouble was the guy who created Dungeon World.

One of. The other DW creator, Sage LaTorra, has an impeccable reputation as far as I’m aware (but also doesn’t do live-streaming stuff).