Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Since it's pretty clear that public discussion of these accusations is inevitable, I'm going to open this thread so that it's in one place rather than 50.

Please keep any conversation about these allegations against Podima confined to this thread.

Hopefully this gets resolved, one way or another, fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

With Podima no longer an admin, I think we can put this thread (and me) to bed.

I'm going to open Arivia's new thread about the general selection process for Admins before I go.

Thank you, everyone, from poster to admin, who made this an actual good discussion of a very uncomfortable topic. Wasn't so long ago that a thread like this could have gone very very differently.

...of course I say that just as Fluffdaddy decides to leave it open, haha. Still, the part where I'm grateful still applies.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

haha what posted:

docbeard made the right call

first time for everything I guess

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

As someone who also put in some time in the online RPG mines back in the day, the idea of a game where the players aren't actually allowed to talk to each other at all out-of-character is completely wild to me. I certainly knew such games existed, and I'm sure not going to claim that nothing ever went rotten in the games where that wasn't the case (oh LORD no), but that seems like such a recipe for disaster in about a thousand different ways.

Anyway, I'm glad things have worked out as well as they did. I absolutely wasn't sure that I was making the right choice opening this up last night (and not just because Jeffrey, for good reason, wanted a potentially sensitive discussion to happen in private), but I didn't see any possible outcome other than "a v bad discussion would happen across ten other SAD threads instead" happening if I didn't, and everythingWasBees being openly willing to share what happened to them made it feel right.

I appreciate all the kind words, of course, but it's really everyone else who made this a place where people felt free and able to actually share what was going on (and in particular Fluffdaddy's willingness to listen to and act on something that must have seemed utterly alien to him) that made this an actual SAD success story.

pog, I will still leave the honor of turning out the lights to you.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think 11 minutes but no one really knows what central time is

It's, you know, central. In the center. Of the time.

(Yeah, about ten minutes. If for whatever reason it's not closed by the time I get back from cooking lunch I'll do it.)