Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Thanks and good job bees for posting this. Its nice to have some sort of closure on this finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
imagining someone clicking this thread and realizing they are going have to cancel their Syberia RP

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Neurolimal posted:

Felt like bringing these posts to the forefront because Hats is a good person I trust.

From what I've gathered, Podima wasn't privvy to most of these two games, and might not have been approached on there being a problem (apologies if I'm wrong on this), and a bizarre shadow-discord made the situation hard to moderate in good faith. Is this all correct?

Nah, pod was in a position of power in both games.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really can't overstate how much I appreciate bees coming forward with this because even as someone who didn't experience the worst of it was just kinda crazy making to be like "this is wrong, I know this is wrong, but so many people are going along with this" and it felt like nothing could be done because it would be considered offsite drama.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Runa posted:

This is one of the reasons why many modern ttrpgs make it very clear that roleplaying is a social activity that should require informed consent and respect for boundaries.

The fact that people in this game would mock other people whose boundaries they've overstepped is, at minimum, deeply crass and unsavory.

That said, jfc

Yep. Something that happen with these games was they would get talk up to being something different from other RP games too. This just led to a culture where like unhealthy stuff was clearly happening, but because "this is different from those other games" there was this justification of "well we are still figuring this all out," despite like as you said being a large part of modern discussions already.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gone Fashing posted:

these kinds of rp things sound deeply weird and extremely stupid. what other kind of weird poo poo is hiding in the rp forum

There is a game for sickos where some players pretend to be gangsters or furries and everyone discusses who they want to murder. Also everyone has the same bed time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

American McGay posted:

I think those posters should stop doing that because it’s weird as gently caress and like, play video games or take up baking instead.

It’s absolutely freak poo poo, btw.

Yeah I guess that is true. When I think safety from uncomfortable sexual content, I think video games.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

American McGay posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about mate? Use your words.

I am making a joke about you suggesting an alternative hobby that also has a history of making people uncomfortable with sexual poo poo, lol.

I think you are being an rear end in a top hat and how you are talking about this shifts the blame a bit on the people who came forward. Like I don't totally disagree that this whole 24/7 RP thing isn't "freak poo poo" on some level, but so is looking at birds through binoculars or whatever. You are just making it sound like the people who got hurt should have known better at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think there is a misunderstanding of what exactly 24/7 means in this case but my feelings have been hurt so I am going to run away from this thread of scary posters~