Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol okay this is all fake right this cant be real *looks for hidden cameras* there cant possibly be an admin that ran a riven rape rp discord like this its all a prank lol you got me jeffrey you son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

man if only there were some way to involve the community in a decision like this earlier so that people could have warned the admins in advance. ah well im sure that never actually posting with people will backfire. now to take a long, slow sip of my coffee before loading SAD.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Meinberg posted:

The slave girl was inspired fairly directly by Anthy in Utena, though in that series the whole situation around Anthy is fairly well known and described as hosed up, indeed the hosed upedness of the objectification of women is perhaps the core theme of the series. In IMG, the slave girl was depicted as being freshly created (hatched from a magic egg), and desperately down to gently caress.

literally the whole point of Utena is that Anthy is being sexually abused and it takes Utena also being preyed on but still wanting to help Anthy for Anthy to be able to escape the cycle of abuse oh my god i know you're not trying but never compare whatever the gently caress this garbage is to Utena again please.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

SAD worked as it should, and the users didn't have to go on dirty protest. All things considered, I think this went well once a problem was reported.

not tryna be negative, honestly, i agree this was pretty rapid all things considered. but ffs. an iota of communication between the admins and community before the decision was Handed Down from On High would have saved all this effort and concern, and been better for the folks involved to boot. how many times do we have to relearn this lesson

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Leperflesh posted:

And someone in this thread was saying the admins or jeffrey should have known about this. I am saying there's no way they could have known about this unless someone came forward with it, like happened today. Or if Podima had volunteered it.

There's this idea that jeff needs to do background checks on potential admins. Maybe asking publicly "hey should this person be an admin" should happen, sure. But just looking at post history obviously doesn't turn up things that took place offsite.

leperflesh i like you but literally all anyone is asking for is community input on this poo poo because yes you all should have known because you should have been involved with the community in this decision. jesus loving christ.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

sweet geek swag posted:

I don't think the two of you are very far apart in this issue.
im sorry im actually super pissed that after i sarcastically talked about how the admins were definitely gonna try to say "Well there was no way we could have known" leperflesh came in and said "Well there was no way we could have known". gently caress's sake. oh my god.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fluffdaddy posted:

Leperflesh isn't an admin tho he's posting as a poster.

ok what are your thoughts tho? i understand you are not Jeffrey and this puts you in a bad spot but like. come on lol. thank you for handling poo poo quickly too and all just! you know, you didn't HAVE to be reactive here!!

i like Leperflesh but like, what mods do and dont see in the mod forum vs. what goes on behind the admin forum vs. what us plebs are allowed to see from y'all is a black box to me.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah that's a reasonable suggestion. I don't know if it'd turn into like a popularity contest or election campaigns or something, but if it's what needs to be done so that things like this get reported in advance, maybe that's for the best. I heard they've been soliciting community input into mod selections over in one of the politics forums lately, sounds like that's working OK.
like a thread a week ago that's just Jeffrey or a red star going "hey we're considering giving these 3 red stars, what does the community think"

if the thread becomes people saying "make woozy admin" or whatever then yeah that's nbd and you know you have 3 dece picks

but if the thread instead becomes poo poo like this thread now you caught an issue BEFORE it happened. like there seems to be this concern CONSISTENTLY from admins that the community needs to be handled and maintained lest we Get Out of Control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fluffdaddy posted:

I have been kinda absent during the admin hunt due to rl work so the people picked got a perfunctory yea that's cool from me.

For me personally I was fine with mostly whomever because I am burned out and need help. All of us are.

I have a few hard nos as far as people are concerned but that's the extent of what I've been able to put effort into

All of what just hapoened frustrates me because we admins have worked hard to be active despite being stretched thin and this incident takes us backwards in our efforts.

ty. i appreciate you posting this and im sorry you're burning out on poo poo. i hope you get the support you deserve.