Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

renessia posted:

This was Pod's response to some folks expressing concern over how the sex-doll game was being handled.

this is loving insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
bunch of impressive 'worst possible things you could say' posts in here but gj and an earnest thanks to admins for dealing with this in a timely manner

WarpDogs posted:

This situation would have gone a lot differently if this topic had remained locked and the subject discussed behind closed doors as initially requested. The SAD IKs, obviously docbeard especially, deserve enormous props for allowing it to unfold, potentially in defiance of Jeffrey himself, because it allowed for people to share their stories and answer questions that obviously everyone had the moment the accusations came about

Similarly, it's admirable that Podima showed up, explained themselves, and did the right thing without any protest

A genuine SAD success story

this is better put, yeah ^

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
if op wants thread closed just close the thread

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

HopperUK posted:

Bifauxnen's post touches on something I wasn't sure how to say which is that if you're not in the hobby, it's hard to explain how life-consuming and emotional and high-stakes online RP can feel. In my early 20s I used to get *way* too sucked into similar online spaces, and there are good reasons I don't join those kinds of games any more.

first description I saw of this said it was 'high investment' and that people were regulaly spending hours a day RPing on just this one thing, much of it with just one or two other people and yeah that's just an incredible amount of time to put into something. idk how people would even manage that without ending up extremely over-invested. It seems like a recipe for disaster. I don't say that to be judgemental or a dick or anything, just that seems like something that is going to be hard to handle for literally anyone.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Staluigi posted:

Just pull the ancient Rome card and nominate a horse to the administration. [The 'holding hand to the earpiece' bit] Oh uh, or ... OK if that already ... well,

what other large mammals could we nominate, surely there are others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
24/7 rp is insanely loving weird doubly so if you aren't even getting some weird sex thing out of it. what on earth are you talking about