Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZhtkzpB6Ac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wouldn't really be jazzed to have Putin at my wedding but if Xi showed up I would know that I was doing a good job at life.

I got a cameo from Xi and it's one of my most prized possessions

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

fart simpson posted:

i supported the iraq war at the time and i still do

in that it led to the decay of the American empire

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yellowcar posted:

iirc he also tried to pull rank on someone in GiP lmao

lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

They also threatened to completely withdraw funding for NATO if the ICC tried anything, and there was a lot of media play given to how much we spend on NATO relative to other countries that don't "pull their own weight".

It was hilarious how we basically said "sure is a nice continent you've got there, be a real shame if something happened to it" and everyone involved collectively poo poo themselves and backed down.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

lol at the name Dick Dicker

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

fart simpson posted:

i supported the iraq war at the time and i still do
ok brett
https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1638406566222393344

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Only thing I miss about twitter is back when Stephens was on you could call him a diversity hire and it'd drive him batshit

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i still fondly remember the bedbug saga

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Should have given the job to Steve Jobs instead of Paul Bremmer imo

iRaq practically sells itself

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Operation Iraqi Freedom was a bust but Operation Iraqi Liberation was a success

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Russia and Iran, aswell of course as Iraq and Syria, had more to do with the defeat of ISIS than America.

SplitSoul posted:

Not saying she's wrong, just that she's hardly impartial, and a real piece of poo poo besides.

She does sound like a turd, a cursory search suggests she's wildly wrong about the demographics of Syrian refugees. But working for both Russia and Austria makes it sound like she is fairly impartial, although I don't think Austria was involved in the GWOT, but they are very much part of the unipolar order.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Russia and Iran, aswell of course as Iraq and Syria, had more to do with the defeat of ISIS than America

Depends on where you're talking about. The US was primarily responsible for helping to put the Iraqi security forces back together after they collapsed when ISIS took Mosul and the USAF started a punishing bombing campaign that took the steam out of their advance.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQBWGo7pef8

WhatAGreatCountry
Mar 21, 2023

by Pragmatica
you would think this thread would have the latest george bush sarasota classroom image

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i work with a dude who made $$$ being a contractor in iraq, and he asbolutely doesnt regret anythign we did there

Ask him if he regrets losing.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i work with a dude who made $$$ being a contractor in iraq, and he asbolutely doesnt regret anythign we did there

it rocks when these dudes are themselves Iraqi and hate troops

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1638914005128589312?s=20

Revisiting the classics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lets simultaneously invade china and russia

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh wow president Biden posts in CSPAM!?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1639248260832407553?cxt=HHwWgsC92fXm478tAAAA

This was quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

this is actually less of a big deal than the diplomatic hardball the Bush administration played to get countries to sign Article 98 agreements--basically promising never to send Are Troops to the Hague at all. it wasnt a big news story, but behind the scenes the u.s. burned so much diplomatic goodwill at the nuts and bolts level forcing these agreements through that it makes the hague invasion act look like a relatively more sane idea if we just went with that instead of doing both. or indeed just threaten to invade any ally or client state on an individual basis if they ever arrest a troop

e: i mean i should clarify that its a good thing that bush made additional unforced errors to diminish america's standing for absolutely nothing in return it's just really funny