Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

cruft

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Check out this car fanatic over here

Is that a pacifier?

I'm going with that being a pacifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

cruft posted:

I'm about to pay $2500 to rent a car for 10 weeks.

Why?

But this reminds me of old Top Gear contests where they did road trips with whatever cars they could get for like 1,200 or whatever.

cruft

nesamdoom posted:

Why?

But this reminds me of old Top Gear contests where they did road trips with whatever cars they could get for like 1,200 or whatever.

We only have one car, but for 10 weeks we need two. This is going to be the way to do that that costs the least, and comes with the least amount of maintenance burden. Plus, if I decide midway through we want a different car, I can do that at no additional cost!

cruft

It actually kind of blows, because I don't really need a car for 10 weeks straight. I need a car for exactly 6 round trips, varying from 60 to 682 miles one-way. But because nothing is near anything here, it's more practical to just have the car sitting around idle than it is to constantly detour to the nearest rental place.

It kills me because if we could just rent on the days I need to go from A to B, it'd only be $480.

cruft

I know goons like to :actually:, so maybe somebody can come up with a better option for me.

* Sep 29: Silver City, NM to Lamy, NM (or Albuquerque if necessary)
* Oct 8: Back to Silver City, NM
* Oct 23: Los Alamos, NM to Santa Fe Regional Airport
* Oct 24: Back to Silver City
* Nov 10: Silver City to Denver (or El Paso airport or Albuquerque airport, if necessary)
* Nov 17: Back to Silver City

Note: I have no way to get from Silver City to anywhere, if I haven't rented a car.

cruft fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 26, 2023

West SAAB Story

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 249 days!)

cruft posted:

I know goons like to :actually:, so maybe somebody can come up with a better option for me.

Note: I have no way to get from Silver City to anywhere, if I haven't rented a car.

Move.

Mustache Ride

Try looking at the u haul pickup trucks. $20/day plus $.69/mile and they should be in all those places.

sb hermit

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Check out this car fanatic over here

big :same:

sb hermit

cruft posted:

* Sep 29: Silver City, NM to Lamy, NM (or Albuquerque if necessary)
* Oct 8: Back to Silver City, NM
* Oct 23: Los Alamos, NM to Santa Fe Regional Airport
* Oct 24: Back to Silver City
* Nov 10: Silver City to Denver (or El Paso airport or Albuquerque airport, if necessary)
* Nov 17: Back to Silver City

comedy option: you can have my car for 10 weeks for $2k

cruft

Moving isn't the problem, I can move just fine. The issue is that I can't move fast enough to get where I need to be in time!

cruft

Anyway, yesterday we went car shopping at the lot where citizens can put their cars out to do private party sales. We saw:

• A 2012 Prius that had clearly been rear-ended, paint peeling, 160k miles. $12,500
  • A Chevrolet Super Sport, no paint (only primer), no engine, unknown miles. $10,000
  • A Honda Odyssey, 60k miles, new tires, leather seats. $6,500

Thinkin' about that minivan...

Goons Are Gifts

hello AI, happy cars everyone!

cruft

Been thinking about repainting my car. I'd like to get a dragon down the side, that would be rad.

Only problem is, I can't draw a dragon.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Get a good graphic on the side of a dragon loving the same model of car. Then replace your garage with a huge dragon statue to back your car into.
Neighbours will hate the car with a pic of a dragon loving it, until the car parks where a huge dragon is loving it... new levels of anger will be achieved.

or get like a decent artist to do something and find a good shop that can do paint or a vinyl. I'm pretty sure a good dragon has never hosed up asthetics of a car.

cruft

nesamdoom posted:

Get a good graphic on the side of a dragon loving the same model of car. Then replace your garage with a huge dragon statue to back your car into.
Neighbours will hate the car with a pic of a dragon loving it, until the car parks where a huge dragon is loving it... new levels of anger will be achieved.

or get like a decent artist to do something and find a good shop that can do paint or a vinyl. I'm pretty sure a good dragon has never hosed up asthetics of a car.

This post blew my mind.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

cruft posted:

This post blew my mind.

Pretty sure my brain exploded during post, so samesies.

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
With new mod and new IK I'm kinda wondering if we should have a bit of sixxer fun time?

cruft

I haven't been paying attention: who's the new mod and IK?

Please state your answer in the form of a probe, TIA.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

6er parties are pretty cool.

Goons Are Gifts

This thread hasn't seen a sixer rampage in a long time, I think AI is obligated to do something about this

Mustache Ride

I vote

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

With new mod and new IK I'm kinda wondering if we should have a bit of sixxer fun time?

Yes please!

Captain Hygiene

You mess with the crabbo...

One (1) car 6er, please :tipshat:

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Mustache Ride posted:

I vote

This reminds me of my first TVR in GT5.
I learned to drift with that boy, fond memories.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Could I politely request a double 6, known in some circles as a twelve.

cruft

nesamdoom posted:

Could I politely request a double 6, known in some circles as a twelve.

:2monocle:

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Would not dual-monocle be about like pince-nez? Really though, the dopest style of glasses... in respect to AI, maybe instead of arms to the ears they could have an engine piece to connect frames and the flared out exhaust on the sides of the frames. I kinda think I'd rock that shiz daily.

cruft

nesamdoom posted:

dual-monocle

I believe the proper term is "bicycle"

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

cruft posted:

I believe the proper term is "bicycle"

got me, i'll put on my dumbhat

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Made something real quick this morning.

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Holy poo poo it's a actual for real CAT INTERCEPTOR!!!!

CAT INTERCEPTOR

I HAZ TO USE IT

cruft

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I HAZ TO USE IT

LOL

cursedshitbox

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I HAZ TO USE IT

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I need to log off

I concur.

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I HAZ TO USE IT

:same:

Goons Are Gifts

Where's the car probes at??

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i heard there were kitty sixers to be had around here??!

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
Toonces, no!

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Toonces, no!

Sourcedidnt alllow linkingto SA....! - edited source fix forsixxer, myappologies the proper source should turn up as soon as a admin approves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Sourcedidnt alllow linkingto SA....! - edited source fix forsixxer, myappologies the proper source should turn up as soon as a admin approves

We need to test this! Can I get a probe too?