Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Schweinhund posted:

Bart Simpson was considered cool then so the bar was kinda low.

He was way cooler than this kid at least:

I rewatched this movie for the first time just a few months ago, and I was surprised at how high pitched his voice was. Like a little kid .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

No Donkeylips. It makes me wanna FART

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Arnold Governator

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Treecko posted:

Arnold Governator

Thats crazy

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see someone unblocking a toilet, squeezing an orange, changing a cars oil with The Governator.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxDEe1iCogM

Fritz Lang's The Terminator from 1925 is one of the most important science fiction films of all time. This classic German film is based on the short story of Thea von Harbou, Lang's wife, who also wrote the screenplay. The film was an immediate success and became the first major science fiction film of the modern era.

The film tells the story of a robot machine known as the "Terminator" designed to destroy humanity. This machine is programmed to destroy humans in a near future. The film was one of the first to explore the theme of artificial intelligence and the threat it may pose to humanity.

The film is considered one of the best science fiction films of all time. It is a terrifying and unsettling vision of a future where technology can become a threat to humanity. The film is a warning of the possible consequences of misused technology and reminds us that technology must be used responsibly.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bula Vinaka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxDEe1iCogM

Fritz Lang's The Terminator from 1925 is one of the most important science fiction films of all time. This classic German film is based on the short story of Thea von Harbou, Lang's wife, who also wrote the screenplay. The film was an immediate success and became the first major science fiction film of the modern era.

The film tells the story of a robot machine known as the "Terminator" designed to destroy humanity. This machine is programmed to destroy humans in a near future. The film was one of the first to explore the theme of artificial intelligence and the threat it may pose to humanity.

The film is considered one of the best science fiction films of all time. It is a terrifying and unsettling vision of a future where technology can become a threat to humanity. The film is a warning of the possible consequences of misused technology and reminds us that technology must be used responsibly.

This sucks

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Piss Creep posted:

This sucks

no its cool

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you really wanna see some cool kids from that era look no further than the foot clan hideout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmpVDeFq1Aw

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Some Christians caught and reprogrammed the Terminator, now it will go door to door spreading the word of God until it wears out in 200 years. No one can stop it.

I saw this movie on the Hallmark channel and it was really good. Terminator was played by Kirk Cameron

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

if you really wanna see some cool kids from that era look no further than the foot clan hideout

These are the kids Takeshi Kitano beats up at the start of Violent Cop

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cum with me if you want to live.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Cubone posted:

yeah

arnie's character was a T-800 though so I have to vote 1 on your thread. sorry

Oops lol

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Cubone posted:

man last time I watched T2 a minor scene stuck out to me where Sarah was having some kind of episode and John immediately went into parenting mode and started like coaching her through it.

I haven’t seen that scene for years but remember now. John has some trauma.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kntfkr posted:

Cum with me if you want to live.

Stay with me if you want to die.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Bad Purchase posted:

Sam Rockwell as cigarettes guy. The role he was born to play.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember when this movie was coming out and it was previewed in one of those Disney Reader's Digest magazines for kids (you know, the small ones with something like 50 pages). The still shot they used from the movie was this scene, with the T1000 still rising up in the chair, and the helicopter pilot's goofy look on his face shown in the reflection, which made it look like T1000 had some weird, goofy, stretched out face.

As a kid, I didn't know anything about Terminator, so imagine my surprise when this movie, that I saw when I was 9, turned out to be Not loving Around At All.

Edit: this shot, except it was cropped and printed out on recycled magazine paper in 1991, so it didn't look nearly as clear as this 4k shot.

It was a lot less cool to shoot that scene than it was to watch it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The still shot they used from the movie was this scene, with the T1000 still rising up in the chair, and the helicopter pilot's goofy look on his face shown in the reflection, which made it look like T1000 had some weird, goofy, stretched out face.
lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
This was the kid who was cool.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cartoon Man posted:

I love it when You Could Be Mine is playing, they're biking through LA to the Galleria, and Tom Sawyer there just blurts out "BAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" off-key, off-time.... s'beautiful.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On-yMJn7120

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
John Connor was pretty drat cool.

In Dark Fate he was ice cold!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

John Connor was pretty drat cool.

In Dark Fate he was ice cold!

Lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

he only died because the cops showed up and immediately shot the only black guy in the room

at least he got that one last trip to raging waters with is family before the end :smith:

james cameron does not like cops

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Out: John Connor
In: John Calvin

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Back then, if they meant for the character to be uncool, he'd be wearing thick glasses, playing with a chemistry set, afraid of everything, and he would hang out with Sponge instead of Budnick.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Back then, if they meant for the character to be uncool, he'd be wearing thick glasses, playing with a chemistry set, afraid of everything, and he would hang out with Sponge instead of Budnick.

:hmmyes:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Yes, we know that he was meant to be cool. But did kids who were 10 in 1991 think he was actually cool?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

he then went on to Salute His Shorts so just an A++ little dude all around

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

he was also stoop kid in hey arnold

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Stoop Kid can't get off the stoop!

He sure showed them!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Speleothing posted:

Yes, we know that he was meant to be cool. But did kids who were 10 in 1991 think he was actually cool?

i didn't see it until like '98 or something, which is when i was about 12. i thought he was cool. as i said before he hacked an atm. he also rode a dirtbike and got to be friends with the terminator.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Figures you would identify with the villain in Salute Your Shorts

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he hacked an ATM OP he was cool as gently caress

He hacked an ATM and then went to the arcade on his motorbike to spend the cash.
Cool. As. gently caress.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Legin Noslen posted:

He hacked an ATM and then went to the arcade on his motorbike to spend the cash.
Cool. As. gently caress.

Eeeeeasy money (smirks at u)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nobody on this forum was cool as a kid so you are not gonna get a good answer here. Like, half the forums thought the Street Fighter movie was cool an the other half did the same about Math.

Next time you see a cool kid on the street you can ask them.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

GABA ghoul posted:

Nobody on this forum was cool as a kid so you are not gonna get a good answer here. Like, half the forums thought the Street Fighter movie was cool an the other half did the same about Math.

Next time you see a cool kid on the street you can ask them.

speak for yourself i was cool as hell when i was a kid. i grew up and became a loser.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

thin blue whine posted:

he's not me so he can't be that cool

Testing whether you are indeed cool, or not: In the words "KING-KILLING ASSOCIATION" in your av, what sort of king or King, exactly, are you bragging about killing?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Smoking at 8 years is super cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
He wasn't supposed to be cool, he was supposed to be a rebel.