Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Theoretically there should be some bundles closer to release, right?

That's what I'm hoping, personally. My local gaming stores seem to only have PS5s in stock as part of a GoW Ragnarok bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Grats to Mid on her transition since FF5.

Also drat I love the trumpets that kick in at 18:56 in the 4k VOD.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just realised, there hasn't been a water eikon previewed at all, has there? Leviathan's nowhere to be seen. Unless Typhon took his place?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My PS5 should be arriving tomorrow so I'm all set to play this game let's goooooo

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrezy48pOo

There's other vids and articles coming out, looks cool as hell, not cancelling my preorder. Life is good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I mostly know him from The Green Knight so that's actually pretty funny to imagine.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am annoyed that my company arranged a teambuilding event on the 24th so half my weekend is gone to that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I said come in! posted:

It’s mandatory for continued employment? Or you’ll at least be punished for not attending? Cause gently caress that. I am taking a day off work to play FFXVI, possibly more if I haven’t finished the story yet, but FF games are not really that long unless it’s FF14.

Yeah I'm gonna try and weasel my way out of it, it's not mandatory or anything.

Terper posted:

All that said if you can only buy one game this month it should be Ghost Trick

Already preordered thanks to a bunch of people reccing it to me after finishing all the Ace Attorney games.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

God I hope that the demo pops up soon. Like I'm having fun fighting in the streets but let me Clive it up cmon

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Thar is bizarre because the raid is flat out about things being different because B'gnamnin sure didn't turn into a giant superdragon in FF12

IIRC it was one of the more tedious Games subforum posters who is Always Right. I remember them in the XIV thread arguing about how not using aoe skills in leveling dungeons as a tank was an acceptable social grace.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Goddammit there's currently a lucky draw event to get tickets to a meet and greet with YoshiP here in Malaysia in the city that I live in but to enter you need a receipt for preordering a disc copy of XVI and I have a digital PS5.

It's mildly tempting to spend cash on a useless disc just to have a chance of meeting YoshiP (and the chances aren't too bad because there's like 80 tickets reserved for local Malaysians) but ehhhhh. Gonna see if I can find a friend who has a disc PS5 and I can get them a gift I guess if it works out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I'm asking around and seeing if anyone I know wants to buy it for like 15% discount so I'm only out 15% of RRP which is more reasonable.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1666930742172033033

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I hope that the game itself gives itself "time to breath" and isn't just constantly trying to be a spectacle for the player.

Soken definitely has some patterns to the way he does this kind of music; there are multiple parts where I feel like the track could suddenly transition into an FF14 track. That's probably part of what lends it well to be used in different forms through the game, though. He's good at creating these memorable "core melodies."

Edit: Spotify says I need premium to listen to it, so I only got the part in the tweet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeqyEzK87z4

Try this, it's the youtube music upload.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Video not available

e: spotify track also down

Might be a time zone thing, I'm in Asia so I'm ahead of most Americans/Europeans.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

People wanna gently caress be dragons.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm at work/commuting home for like 3 more hours after the demo drops but the moment I get home I'm gonna clive out, trash the house, kill some eikons, gay sex clive, kill chaos

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

To those of you who are not at work and not asleep, enjoy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok that was an insanely cool demo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I realised that I'm a bad defensively so I put on the Timely Dodges accessory and haven't really looked back. I'll probably slap the Torgal one on too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest I'd try to avoid it. You get a *lot* of defensive options and the ability to extend your perfect dodge window. I didn't experiment with it much but I think that only works with default dodge snd none of the other cool parry/dodge moves

Torgal one should be harmless tho'

I did learn that even though the prompt always says dodge, you can still titan block during the window. I'll try to wean myself off the accessory in the game proper once I unlock more defensive options, then. I just ate a lot of unnecessary hits during the demo because I was slow to react.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

How did Torgal survive that massive fireblast anyway

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FFXIV just got an evil mum in its latest raid series.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My man Wade deserves a promotion.

Detective No. 27 posted:

So are the black bar spoilers I’ve been seeing in this thread from the demo or was there a leak or something?

Everything's been demo so far.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Active Time Lore entry on her says that she's his mother, at the very least. Just mother, nothing more, nothing less.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Supplementary info will reveal that they're Wade Biggs and Tyler Wedge, I'm sure of it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

One other takeaway I had from the demo is that I think there might be a Clive/Jill romance. The scene with her and Clive under the moon where Clive seems to be hesitating to put his arm around her seems to imply that. It's hard to understand his actions there much otherwise, unless it's just "he doesn't know if it's okay given her status as a ward" (which doesn't seem to be the case, since they otherwise seem to treat Jill as a member of the family).

I kinda hope it is just because I like having romance in my melodramatic story and Jill seems cool. If she didn't join the family at a very young age it's not too weird.

The latest trailer does show adult Clive and adult Jill acting a bit couple-y, and personally I had always figured that there would be that aspect anyway.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Torgal is the Fenrir dominant, calling it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Draga posted:

The dragoon was voiced by Estinien's VA right? If not then it's a drat close impression.

Apparently yes. I look forward to him showing up as a dragoon in FFXVII or whatever from now on.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RatHat posted:

Are Cid and the Garuda lady not actual dominants? Or were they choosing to not go full Eikon mode there?
EDIT: Looking at the bios on the official site they are indeed dominants. I guess going full Eikon is a last resort

It does raise the question of why Rosaria wasn’t immediately steamrolled when their previous dominant died. It seems like the only way to stop a Eikon is with another Eikon

It looks like every dominant has a powered-up-but-not-full-eikon form, you can see most of them in various trailers and suchlike. Joshua has it right before his full Phoenix transformation too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

One of the clips from the State of Play stream that wasn't in the demo has got me thinking.

It's the bit with the eikon battle between Phoenix and Bahamut. Either A) Joshua is still alive and playable later or B) Clive can turn into Phoenix as well as Ifrit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Phoenixes: very famous for being birds that die after being killed.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Battle Pigeon posted:

I hope that everyone's predictions about Torgal being the Fenrir Eikon isn't true, because it would more fun if somehow he was the Fenrir Dominant instead. Dog summoning Big Dog

Does anyone have a link to that spoilery image of the special box art drawn by Amano that displays all the Eikons? I couldn't find a clear photo of it, even on the Enix site, but thought there was one

I mean, if he was the dominant he would also turn into the eikon.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Re: the demo eikon battle, personally I'd give it top marks for visuals, sound and music. As for the gameplay, it is a bit simple but I'd say it's deliberately so, because A) its introducing a new style of gameplay at you really fast and B) if it was any more complex the whole sequence would probably get a lot less cinematic.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Consummate Professional posted:

I know the two sisters fight and think the final fight had some XIV mechanics, I got pretty excited recognizing them. But yeah I agree, any more tools and I think it would have been a bit much.

Oh I was talking about Ifrit vs Phoenix lol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The game has parries???

Also I'm gonna try out control scheme C later, thanks for being a guinea pig.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think the Titan block does a counterattack if you do a perfect block? I'll need to double check.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Terper posted:

Yeah you have access to seven different ways to evade/counter attacks in the second demo: Dodge, parry, charged magic, Titan's block, and then Phoenix's Heatwave, Garuda's Rook's Gambit, and Titan's Raging Fists.

I was dumb and didn't realise that the skill tree and unlocking new skills/functions was in the second demo :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

HD DAD posted:

I want there to be the dumbest, story-derailing twist 70% through. It’s all aliens. Clive is his own grandfather. Valisthea is actually the moon and the moon is the real planet with an ultra-future civilization. Idc

My crack theory is that Clive dies 75% of the way through the game and Jill is the MC for the rest of the game.