Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

Please be good! Final Fantasy single player mainline games have not been good since FFXII, and that released in 2006.

Every FF game released since 12 has been better than 12.

Yes all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No more

Just give me the game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Demo will mostly likely be 'available now' during the Sony direct on Wednesday.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Three weeks to go

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want to play it....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enough

Game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol I forgot it had KH shotlocks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

stev posted:

How is Shopto with day one delivery these days? They're a tenner cheaper than Amazon but last time I used them it took a few days after launch to show up.

My only issue with them is they never post stuff so I get it two days early anymore.

Oh I guess they lost my copy of GoW2 but I'll happily blame DPD for that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I hope the next ten days go quick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where the freakin' demo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Titan mode owns but seems particularly broken, not particularly slow, super high damage moves and block that is also a parry and counter and much easier to pull off than the actual parry?

Enjoyed the Phoenix magic counter move in the last boss fight too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Interested to find out what that giant underground city you fight Iffrit in is, Joseph seemed extremely unhappy to be fighting there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would be 100% amazed if Joshua was actually dead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Me and Emet

Me and Graha

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RatHat posted:

Ah I thought Joshua sounded familiar, his VA also played Hugo in the A Plague Tale games. He has improved a lot since then

Lots of practice playing a dead kid.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Surprised it took me this long to realise what that scene reminded me of: the dummy plug scene from Evangelion.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordiceius posted:

Disc basically have two purposes for the consumer -

1 - You want to be able to trade it in/share it.
2 - You don't have the data speed/caps need to download the full game.

3 cheaper than digital

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

stev posted:

In the UK at least this is a rare occasion where (at RRP at least) the digital version is £5 cheaper than physical.

I've ordered the physical version simply because I've always bought physical copies of new FF games. But they haven't used the cool white boxart since 12 anyway so there's not much point these days.

Physical never goes for RRP* though which is kind of the point, Hit.com has it for £12 cheaper than the digital version. And usually sends stuff out a day or two early.

*Unless you're Amazon and don't give a gently caress.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

FF16's dub is excellent and I genuinely can't imagine thinking it is bad unless you are predisposed to assume any English dub is bad.

I am

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please don't respond to the guy banned from multiple threads for posting the same weak troll over and over

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still remember buying the Phantom Menace soundtrack before the movie came out and one of the track is literally titled 'Qui-Gon dies' lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please let my work day end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agents are GO! posted:

Look if people wanted to access every bit of game content then they should've not been disabled. Git gud n00bs, respect the designers artistic vision to exclude people. Disabled folks aren't really people anyway. :smuggo:

Dropping my sarcasm: this post is thiiiiiiiis close 🤏🏻 to gamergate nonsense, like to the point I almost responded "SYQ". Gross.

Controversial!

Shut da gently caress up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JBP posted:

I only got annoyed by one thing last night. I made a weapon at the blacksmith and upgraded it, but making the weapon cost me the material I needed to upgrade a second time. Then I found the base weapon at the shop that I could have bought and upgraded fully. So I guess I need to check both before I make choices.

From what I can tell making a weapon at the blacksmith always starts at +1 whereas the shop has the base version so it always uses the same amount of materials whichever way you do it? I guess it's just so if you don't have the mats you can just buy a basic shop version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just take any parry I get as a happy accident

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just stick a monster under him and he can jump two even three times

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MechaX posted:

I feel like a mid-way plot point completely went over some people's heads (not here, but in another certain gaming community) and I cannot fathom how.

No Cid did not literally become the loving Se7en killer and mail a head to Kupka, he's obviously being played by someone

...no one seriously thought Cid actually did that right? No one could be that dumb .

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

isk posted:

2023 has given us two of the best videogame pals: Turgle and Torgal

Should have been able to take Turgle into battle too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that was me during the final phase the first time you fight Kupika

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The spears you jab into the ground are also incredibly good for raising the combo damage during stagger, just place one next to them at the start and you're doubling the amount of hits you do.

I thought I'd swap out Ramuh when I got Titan but ended up replacing Garuda instead which I was only really keeping around for the half will stagger special.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Garuda got the counter attack which I love though

Titan has a similar counterattack that's also Star Platinum going ora ora ora ora

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

With limit slots I prefer everything do something different

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just fought three guys dressed all in black whose most dangerous attack is them all rushing at you weapons extended....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's completion of your current 'task' ie quest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bland posted:

I feel like I must be missing something with Eikon 5's circle ability. Is the only way to charge it up really just the slow charge while walking around disarmed, with a bit more charge for precision dodging? Why would I ever use this?

You can use the Satellite skill to blast stuff while you're charging and lvl 4 gives you a long lasting AoE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Almost Smart posted:

I’m no game designer/programmer, but I feel like the game should run a lot better than it does. It looks good, but not that good. It’s also nowhere near as expansive as something like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or TotK, which both still run around 30fps despite everything else they’re pulling off.

It kind of reminds me of Stranger of Paradise and I wonder if the same inefficiencies that tanked the performance in that title are also at play here.

Those Switch games run at sub 30fps at 720p and look way worse than FF16

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Azubah posted:

I really like how goddamn sinister the FF theme is in this.

Appropriate now the crystals are evil.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do I use Odin properly? (last Eikon you get). Seems like its special ability is a lot of messing around for not really much better damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would definitely like the next in the series to be more of an ensemble instead of pretty much the MCs story.