Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Current PYF Mods: The Saddest Rhino, Philippe, HelloIAmYourHeart, Nuns with Guns (Sagas Legends specific)

Current PYF IKs: Shifty Nipples, Inceltown

How is everyone feeling about PYF these days? We want this to be a nice place where goons can hang out and discuss things we like without much nonsense.

Are there any threads that you feel are underserved and might need a closer look?

Any small issues that don't really merit reports but should be dealt with anyway?

Any threads that need rebooting?

Does Post My Favorite work well?

Somebody has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Apr 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo this one's real

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My feedback is we need to replace the two IKs who don't do anything unless they like pop up in this thread to go "my feedback is I'm going to start IKing, at all." because if we have other people loving around making bad decisions and pissing everyone off that will naturally take some of the heat off me

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, I feel like blaming your fuckery on the two people who won't bother to show up and defend themselves would work out for you anyways.

Anyways, I've been posting in PYF since I got here, and my general feedback is

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Could use some more IKs for certain, separate from the upcoming thread-specific ones

Rhino's great, SPR holds up her end

Other than the specific issues already worked in SAD it's goin' pretty well

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I like PYF

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Additional IKs are in the works!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Additional IKs are in the works!

Excellent! Can we get some specifics? Is it open call or have they been picked already?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

vyelkin posted:

I like PYF

:hmmyes:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

some plague rats posted:

Excellent! Can we get some specifics? Is it open call or have they been picked already?

Yes, I am going to make Seth Pecksniff IK of Sagas.

Real answer: we have a couple people in mind but haven't reached out to them yet.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Yes, I am going to make Seth Pecksniff IK of Sagas.

:magical:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
since we're getting comfortable with more transparency around here, what's up with RFC2324? it looks like they've only posted in PYF four or five times in the past month despite a five posts per day average and are mostly in SH/SC. are they doing stuff that we're not seeing or is this maybe someone who could be phased out?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RFC2324 is going through some IRL stuff that takes their attention away from the forums. I've spoken to them recently and they've acknowledged that they don't have time to handle forums matters and are agreeable to not being IK.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
cool, glad to hear about something getting handled in a normal and sane way. best wishes to RFC of course

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah best of luck to RFC, hope she works things out

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....

vyelkin posted:

I like PYF

So do a lot of lurkers....

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

There should be more stickies

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i enjoy posting in the pyf threads that i post in.

maybe reboot the huge ones, and on a timeframe rather than a length limit? it's kinda nice to get a new OP on the reg summarizing the zeitgeist of the thread

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

i enjoy posting in the pyf threads that i post in.

maybe reboot the huge ones, and on a timeframe rather than a length limit? it's kinda nice to get a new OP on the reg summarizing the zeitgeist of the thread

Can you wait until I've caught up? I'm only... 51,557 posts behind in the funny images thread

huh, maybe it is time they got a refresh

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Since not everyone reads SAD or the Saga threads...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

My feedback is that this should be disqualifying for an IK to do, especially when they use it to accuse a specific poster of having to do it so they could agitate for their banning more.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
some plague rats is not longer an IK. We will have 2-3 new IKs as soon as the admins activate their new powers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ahahahahahaha

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

To follow up on this, we are returning to our original plan of cycling IK s. Thank you to all the previous IK s for your work and contribution!

The current IK s are:
Shifty Nipples
Inceltown

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:whitewater:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

:toot:

Hope I don't gently caress up too terribly!

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

just post like a normal human and you'll be aight

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Shifty Nipples posted:

:toot:

Hope I don't gently caress up too terribly!

Let me be the first to sass you:

Who are you?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Obscure Risk posted:

just post like a normal human and you'll be aight

If they could do that, they wouldn’t be here in the first place

Thanks for helping, Shifty and Incel!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Let me be the first to sass you:

Who are you?

I'm just a dude posting on the internet

skeleton warrior posted:

If they could do that, they wouldn’t be here in the first place

Thanks for helping, Shifty and Incel!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Shifty posts chill in the threads I've seen him, good choice! Hope it isn't too much hassle on yah.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some plague rats posted:

My feedback is we need to replace the two IKs who don't do anything unless they like pop up in this thread to go "my feedback is I'm going to start IKing, at all." because if we have other people loving around making bad decisions and pissing everyone off that will naturally take some of the heat off me

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Shifty Nipples posted:

I'm just a dude posting on the internet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Good job shifty :)

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I don't think any of Phillipe's recent probes for days old posts in the Sagas thread are justified. ArfJason's probe specifically is very stupid and shows a complete lack of any effort to understand the very obvious context of the post. It's some very bad word filter modding.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Those probes, they were beyond questionable

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Flying Zamboni posted:

I don't think any of Phillipe's recent probes for days old posts in the Sagas thread are justified. ArfJason's probe specifically is very stupid and shows a complete lack of any effort to understand the very obvious context of the post. It's some very bad word filter modding.

yeah it's very dumb. the arf post got like 20 emptyquotes, are those people going to get a mystery half-day in the middle of next week?

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

bad shots op

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah it's very dumb. the arf post got like 20 emptyquotes, are those people going to get a mystery half-day in the middle of next week?

depends when they open the reports forum ig

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No idea who the gently caress Phillipe is but she seems not very good at this whole moderating thing

Fajita Queen has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Mar 26, 2023

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I feel like phillipe disappeared and suddenly came back with a bunch of weird probes. What's going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

rodbeard posted:

I feel like phillipe disappeared and suddenly came back with a bunch of weird probes. What's going on?