Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Feedback: People should be allowed to have sigs in GBS so I can give out little pixel art characters to put in ur sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

I Drew this Kongs

I'll trade you this cool rat for one of the kongs

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

I would like one plz

That's my feedback

Here, you can have Dewgie Howitzer

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Genesplicer posted:

I think we need to get the creative people to do more cool threads featuring their work. I know we have the Creative Convention, but art threads in GBS seem so much more... real.

Plus more photoshop threads. I need to laugh more.

I would draw characters for GBS posters for 8 hours every single day if someone would pay me for it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

i would like 1 my sig needs some flava

You can have Cordoo Roy, the Seeker of Osonic Ontology

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bring back namechange threads. Let me run a namechange thread. I would assign names like "The Sequel to Beans", "Darkest Diapers", and "Grammaton Grandma"

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, I made that post because I would like the mods to change my username to The Sequel to Beans

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

is me saying buy my artwork please self promotion (buy my artwork please)

Maybe we can do some kinda GBS Art Fair/Art Sale thing because I also have a lot of paintings that I want to sell + really need money right now. I've been able to sell some in SA Mart in the past but GBS would get way more traffic, or even maybe a GBS art fair thread where artists can post their artwork + link to a SA mart thread selling it or something

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It might make a cool RSF, anyone who makes art could post their own thread like a booth at an actual art fair

Coincidentally it turns out today is World Art Day 2023 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Art_Day

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

if anyone is looking to buy some art I really recommend deep dish peat moss they are incredible and I am not in dire need of money and so please buy some art from my friend

Actually you should buy art from my friend Sid because when I said I "really need" money it's because I want to buy a video game and can't afford it right now.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Got a link to your stuff?

I don't have an up to date SA Mart thread or anything and I work mostly with Ink Pencils which are extremely difficult to get good pictures of but here are some quick cellphone pics of what I still have after the last time I did a SA Mart thread:
https://imgur.com/a/hWoe7zg

Sid Vicious posted:

is it battle network? that’s what I’m saving for rn lol

It's Age of Wonders 4 which comes out next month, but I would totally buy the Battle Network collection if I had extra money :hellyeah:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Very cool! Right under your stuff was a suggested link to this content. Any relation?

I wish!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Turn on Forums Chaos Mode every Friday, Saturday and Sunday

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Real Talk I am almost done putting together a SA Mart thread to sell my art, does someone want to make a GBS Art Fair thread like we were talking about? Artists could come in and post their SA Mart link and post some of their art, the OP should be updated with all the artist links. Should I post one? I have really bad ADHD and suck at updating OPs lmao

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Spinz posted:

I'm all over it. My earrings are nice, I'm a materials snob and don't use plated anything.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979339

I had an avatar that advertised my thread and I lost it when I was slamming spr.

It took me 20 bucks to get it right back then so I haven't replaced it yet.

I would post in some GBS art thread if anyone had any questions. I'm in a couple giant craft fairs soon, one will get 100,000 people in a day
I've been doing it for years. The last one I was in I made $1700 in 6 hrs :dance:
Or about drawing with eyeshadow, alcohol markers

I now also posted a SA-mart thread to sell art:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030011

And Sid has one too:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027509

I have been thinking about how a GBS art fair thread would work and I think the best way to do it, to be fair to everyone participating, is for each artist to post a blurb with a couple pictures and a link to their SA Mart thread or website or wherever they sell their art, and for the OP to quote each of those posts in the first or second post of the thread, so that everyone is displayed upfront before any discussion posting and no one gets buried in the conversation. Unless someone has a better idea maybe I will post that thread today?

Edit: It might actually be better to have all of the artists PM/email/whatever that blurb to me so they can all be posted at once. I am just thinking in terms of how to get maximum exposure for everyone instead of some people benefitting more due to posting earlier and getting more visibility. Could also be extended to CC posters and other forums too!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 17, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Would it be possible to get one of those red sticky threads asking for submissions for a couple days that appear everywhere, even the bookmarked threads list? That way we could make sure it was seen by anyone on the forums who makes art of any kind, regardless of what forums they visit. There are a ton of very talented and creative goons spread across this forum and it would be neat to see it all collected in one showcase. CC isn't the most active forum these days so if it's only posted there, it might miss a lot of people.

e: I guess that would be the point of the banner ad too

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 18, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

GBS has enough mods it needs a good total conversion and Steam Workshop support

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The onus for preventing chargebacks has shifted largely onto the merchant these days rather than the customer. Most banks have very customer-friendly chargeback policies, but whoever processes transactions charges a fine to the business every time it happens, and those fines can get pretty outrageous pretty quickly. If a customer regularly performs chargebacks at a specific merchant, the card processor sees it as the merchant's responsibility to stop processing transactions from that person in the first place, or to get better fraud prevention measures overall. This is also why the vast majority of legitimate online businesses are more than happy to process a refund for you with virtually no questions asked - it's better for them than getting hit by a chargeback.

(At least that's how the fintech companies I've worked for did it, I don't know poo poo about traditional banking and my experience is mostly surrounding ecommerce where maybe things are different)

e: As far as I know the thing that pisses banks/payment providers off now with their customers is Stop Payment orders rather than Chargebacks. A Chargeback is just a chargeback fee that the payment provider gets to charge to the merchant, but a Stop Payment requires the payment provider actually intervening to put a hold on an approved payment and they'll only let you get away with that a few times. (It's essentially just doing a chargeback before the charge settles in the first place)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 1, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ah the 2008 era fakepost, next maybe theyll bring back awful yearbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The feedback is because the post button is too close to the posts