Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hey, I know smugworth became a mod a couple days ago but i dont see his star

Can someone look into that? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Actual gbs feedback - this is a good thread with lots of potential. Feedback doesnt have to always be bad, we should promote the good things too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027072&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

did you click on the link that says "Clicking here makes all your wildest dreams come true"?

no, SAD denizen, i did not

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 25, 2023

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

When do I get my mod star for pet island?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Maybe we need a GBS fight thread for when posters get rowdy they can “take it outside”.

Bring back dpph

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

More of this plz. Its telling how gbs can have a lighthearted feedback thread and still manage to attract ghouls from sad and the sagas thread.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he's an cspam IK now, gone mad with power

Jesus Christ.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

What if the problem is that we're all horrible nerds?

Nah.

I and my posting pals are perfect in every way. Gbs should change nothing.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the Posting Purge, once a year everyone is made IK of their most posted in subforum and it's a 24 hour free for all

Night of the long knives for the coupon thread

You know, to better help clip coupons

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

itry posted:

drat, you're right. The hat is a giveaway.

No gun

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

What's the worst thread anyone has ever made do you think?

Keyboard goop

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Can we word ban cringe? I find it cringe as hell that a bunch of 40 year olds are calling everything cringe now. I'll be perfectly honest, the whole situation is cheugy af.

No cap

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Very cool! Right under your stuff was a suggested link to this content. Any relation?

Lets keep my mom out of this tia

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have nothing else to say except that i hope seth and the other gbs mods take my feedback about crew posting seriously because im not trolling when i say that kind of posting leads to nothing good. peace

Can someone tally how many posts this user makes about gbs versus how much they actually post in gbs

It seems a little problematic if im being honest. I dont think they have our best interests at heart.

I bet this coward doesnt even smokes crack

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I would like to formally nominate forums user wesleywillis for a GBS posting award for his exhaustive work over the past few days Seth Pecksniff

Wesleywillis hit 6969 posts with a rate of 4.20 a day a couple years ago. He's a fantastic poster worthy of high praise.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Awful tales gave us megaman ultra x and should be reopened as a new thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917502&pagenumber=3&perpage=40&userid=0#post503929740

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

crusty posted:

I'll probably trawl through and link a few of the best stories to kick off a new thread in a couple of days if no one else creates it first.

They will all be very bad

Nice.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Apparently it's real bad, but yeah. Astral does get things done so I trust him.

Ive heard this exact line somewhere very similar to this very place b4. Not to dig on the coders or anything. We've been burned a bunch in the past

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sef peckinsith is good sometimes

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Valko posted:

I can't help thinking about an old episode of Justice League Unlimited. Flash and Killowog visit Green Lanterns apartment when he's not in. They both get chased out by an old lady with a broom.

On an unrelated note, do we know what age or gender seth is?

Fairly sure he's english. Would you confirm or deny

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I wont respect the mods but im not going out of my way to be a complete rear end in a top hat to them

Except for Gene. And he fuckin knows why.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Feedback: Things seem pretty good. Keep up the good work, Seth and company

https://i.imgur.com/8cIhFxN.mp4

Sig by Literally A Person

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Feedback: just loving ban the youtube link spam guy. He's on his 45th chance already. He's not gonna stop.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Or at a minimum, change the rules so that it's not mandatory that we all have to click every YouTube link we see, and watch the whole video to completion.

That rule started in DPPH and it's pretty messed up that we changed the meaning of it to apply to youtube links.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

there's an entire ignore function

Yeah that works good and well until the SAD dipshits start telling us we have special posting pets and then we're all like "yeah. I guess we didnt need to keep that guy who was super vocal about his snake tits fetish around"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Solefald posted:

16bbh is really quite funny tho

Just ignore him if he bothers you that much.
I will personally block any attempts to have him banned from this forum :colbert:

He sucks poo poo and I don't know why he's tolerated, but I was talking about the youtube spam guy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=20974

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's 100% a bot that has tricked the mods lol

hosed up if true

if not it's also super hosed up

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sensible chuckle:

Question: How long do threads get stickied for? Do they just kinda stay around until someone unstickies them or are they set on a timer?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Wendigee posted:

I just don't click on it though.

What the gently caress

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

GBS has been fine for a while, outside of the wierdos who really love latching onto any opportunity to get mad over the smallest nonsense imaginable.

As a big ol' queer I'm happier with slurs staying banned, and the people who are *really* invested in their right to say specific words are way more off-putting than the words themselves are. Allow the words but ban the people wanting to say them.

As someone who reads a ton of the forum but very rarely posts anywhere it mostly just feels like people can't stand that one part of the forum isn't identical to other parts of the forum.

Queer is a slur, sir (and or ma'am)

But I agree with you. GBS seems fine, for the most part.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol. thanks for protecting the LGBT& community

i'm an & ally

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

How in the holy gently caress are we supposed to know that you specifically Douche Wolf 89 are queer and not just some edgelord

How is anyone else supposed to know that I am black

loving shame on you. According to his posting history, he's also autistic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

This probe has been retracted, as it is actually a factual statement about and by DW89.

I appreciate it, as weird as a post as I made.

DW89, you are free to post here, my friend. This is a safe place. I am sorry if any posts I made about your autism were perceived in jest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I was an rear end in a top hat and im sorry