Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

the rest of us are left over here with a dumbass gernade

Mine used to be a little feather I got from the bird crazies thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here, you can have Dewgie Howitzer

Oh gosh that is amazing

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

make epic ik of his gat dang thread already. he requests title changes like 3 times a day sometimes

🅾️🅱️doesn't want buttons but also

that's actually a good idea

It really is; I want to get into climbing and have no idea where to start

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Q/e

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

#1 in your hearts and #2 in the forums list

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Wendigee posted:

the entire homepage

Get a bigger phone :smuggo:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

alternatively, get a smaller phone and you'll see fewer stickied threads when you open the app

:science:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

nom epique delenda est.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

nom epique delenda est.

You really gotta let go of having posting enemies or whatever the gently caress this is

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:thumbsup: the Latin is fine but take your weird obsession with other posters elsewhere.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

da mihi feedback aut mori

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Serious feedback:

If you're not following the chickam thread you should be!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029197&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:sweep:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

very well. thank you for your consideration. if you are short of something to do that is not the forum then might I recommend the megaman battle network collection, released just recently for switch and steam. it is a rip roaring good time

This is good advice

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

We're back baby

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

i'd like a way to have a temporary avatar that expires after some set amount of time. would be cool to do seasonal stuff or just change my av foir a short amount of time to a funny picture or gimmick but have it auto switch back to maintain my Posting Brand

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Friends, I love that GBS is a community where people from all walks of the forum come together to mingle, discuss, and learn from each other. The organic conversations that spring forth from these daily interactions are delightful and informative.

Unfortunately, this isn't the right thread to have a quick chat in.

Fortunately, there's a GBS Chat thread to satisfy all your idle-chatting-with-your-posting-buddies needs.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030048&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Come chat!

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

zone posted:

Maybe a sticky in the CC forum directing the posters there to the GBS fair art thread after it gets posted would be useful, should they want to make money off their art. Maybe take like, a week or so to ask people about it for collecting artists and their blurbs so you get as many as possible before posting.

This

And also maybe a banner ad. Maybe we can have a contest thread to design it?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I'm an idiot for posting before coffee

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 5, 2023

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

anyone in here tried shadows of doubt? it's in early access but i really enjoy sleuthing around in a procedural city

I would like to talk more about this in the chat thread because it sounds really neat

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

If you're dumb enough to put stuff I write up on your website I will gladly write for free.

Same tbh

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Chat thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030048

Take it there.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Tricky Ed posted:

So how does one find more moderators for a forum with such varied topics as this? Most threads are trying to make other people laugh (or just to get attention) and there are some Very Serious threads and the tone and participants are all over the board.

Like taking it on good faith that the SAD thread is actually "about" there needing to be more mods here*, that's something I can get behind, but I wouldn't know who to point to. I'm for sure not a "forum regular" despite reading lots of different threads here for years. Who is the right combination of responsible and fun to take care of Things Wot Need Taken Care Of without becoming a tinpot dictator? If you were going to describe them, what would they do as a poster that make you think "they could help?"

I'm probably in the minority here in that I think that most posters are being sincere in their desires to make the forums a Better Place to Post, so this is a good question imo.

Mod Solefad if she'll take it, mod Tarquinn.

Other than that, idk, give forum IKs access to forum reports I guess but that's general forum feedback and not really on topic here

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Possibly, but for a lot of them their suggestions are "make this sub functionally identical to another already existing sub", which is very stupid, and also their general hostility and obnoxiousness casts shadow over their internet. Ultimately, why should the working of a sub be dictated by the people least likely to use it and most irrationally offended by its existence.

Fwiw i think Aardvark's attitude of live and let live is correct, there's no need to persecute harmless weirdos, which seems to be the current angle of the abolish GBS movement, it's part of the local Kolorit

There do seem to be a few people carrying weird posting grudges and a couple of shitposters who try to stir things up for drama, but I try to avoid using the same big brush, as it were.

I agree with Solefad and others. I think GBS could use more active mods. I think Seth does a lot of the heavy lifting and I feel that it isn't really fair to have the moderation of the busiest subforum on the site be resting on two or three people.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You’re wrong about the sincerity but whatever.

In any case, Tarquinn would be fine as a mod but Solefald has openly said they “don’t get” GBS.

If I'm wrong, no real harm done in letting individual posters get themselves probed.

Who else would you suggest, if not Solefad?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

Realistically I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to pool the audience for suggestions for mods. I'm sure Seth, Aardo and co are perfectly capable of identifying people who can do the job. I really don't encourage them to take suggestions from posters, who are all far more biased and with their own interests, regardless of where they normally post.

Realistically I don't think they're going to take whoever the thread wants just because the thread chose them tbh but like Seth said, it can help bring posters that might not otherwise be considered to their attention. Posters like 16 bit butthead and the Sl/mugworth mashup poster we made in a vat out back

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Good news - we've decided to mod everyone who posts in GBS, whether one or 10,000 times.

It's thunderdome time. Whoever survives becomes the Modlander

Do not, my friends, become addicted to 6rs.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gbs needs more mods

I believe it's been said that that's in the works.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

The strategy for stickying posts should be roughly half the first page of gbs stickied.

:hmmyes:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:sweep: incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Man walks into therapists office.
"Doc, im depressed, gbs is full of posts i think are bad, i cant sleep, i cant eat, nothing helps".
Doc goes "Ah! Common problem with a simple solution, if the bad posts are upsetting you, simply don't read them. Then you'll feel better"
Man bursts into tears, "But doctor! I'm the one posting them"