Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mods should not fraternize with posters

they have their world and we have ours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

suggestion: each week the mods should post a thread containing an elaborate puzzle with clues scattered among the many active and vibrant gbs megathreads and the posters have to work together to solve it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

those probes are literally sars-cov-2

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

e: ^ but the topic was brought up in this thread before the probes

i don't think calling something aids or cancer or canceraids or whatever is offensive, but it is dated at this point. that lingo had its time. i wouldn't say anyone deserves a probe for it but you'll lose posting cred for sure.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Taerkar posted:

Does posting cred really have that much value anymore.

it's all that matters

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

any status update on recruiting a grip[ of new iks?

always a grip of this a grip of that, we get it, you’ve got climbing hands

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

alternatively, get a smaller phone and you'll see fewer stickied threads when you open the app

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:sweep:

It's explicitly against the feedback rules to attack other posters. I'd remind y'all to read them again

feedback: get rid of this rule and let us attack other posters when the situation demands it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lolling @ you nerds that can’t handle the book thread being on top lmao a BLOO BLOO I can’t handle change lmao

it's explicitly against the rules to attack other posters like this

:sweep:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

young, innocent posters coming to this website and getting mod-pilled, it’s a disgrace

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually i believe you will find that cliques do not and have never existed, neither irl nor online

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

perhaps the serious forums could be merged into gbs to eliminate the perceived us vs them mentally, which by the way isn’t real, but nevertheless cannot be ignored?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually those personal pan pizza FREAKS from the book fair are at the top of the heap right now, but of course it’s not a competition

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ironic however that the group of posters best suited to long form reading don’t even have to go past the prologue to find their place in the epic novel that is the list of subforums of subforums of subforums on top of subforums

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

"barely knew" is already too much

you should not know, at all, a single other member on these forums. keep it detached and impersonal please or this kind of stuff is bound to occur.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Just because they don't post in the same threads you do doesn't mean their opinion is less valid.

:wrong:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

feedback: we need a way to see avatar history by poster, so i can figure out if i know them or not

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the gbs mods are the worst, except for all the others

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nom should return all of his gear to microsoft, yeti, and crapple at once, he'd have enough cash to buy this place out from under jeff and truly set us free

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thinkin to chat

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol both of those examples are very funny and i didn't know he did either

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can a mod translate The Bible into thread format and sticky it please

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i believe jeffrey has a personal assistant working on reminding him to think about fixing the front page as we speak

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we can pay the writers with exposure. any volunteers to do the exposing?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the largest goon should be in charge, period

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

SAD jackals hootin and hollerin, we gotta do something folks.

can you not see this place is a mess? an unmoderated hellscape that undermines all of the new user growth initiatives jeffrey is pouring his life's energy into day in and day out.

it took days for a gross furry j/o thread to result in a perma, unacceptable, not the kind of service i paid my :10bux: for.

hate to say it but a knee jerk appointment of new mods is the only way out of the hole. i'm seeing the name smugworth a lot, might be worth a look.

also if you need a scapegoat to ban, i recommend the user whose only contribution to this forum is spree posting contextless youtube music video links in whatever thread is at the top of the heap.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have we looked into AI moderation? youtube does it and they're one of the biggest sites on the internet, hard to argue with that kind of success

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

all admins and mods should be forced to use this avatar

to remind them that power is not a boon but a burden

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

requesting some feedback from GBS

how y'all doing tonight? anything big cookin?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

far be it from me to speculate, but perhaps a mod could pull the logs as to who bought the fake prison redtext?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the myth of consensual goldmining

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can someone please link to the posters bill of rights so we can settle this?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there's too many rules, just update it to say that GBS uses vibes-based moderation and leave it at that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that's a good point, and i'm not going to name names, but i've seen users on this very forum within the past day who have posted copyrighted or trademarked images without a license

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i know we stickied the street fighter anime thread ironically, but it might be confusing for the reddit diaspora who are showing up this week and lead to more anime posts

i highly recommend replacing it with something else for the time being

pigs balls for a little while perhaps?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you feel you’re being harassed due to the forum you post in, you can reach out to any manager, HR business partner, or call the anonymous hotline

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

threads should start auto-locked, and a mod can open them if and only if they are up to snuff

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nooner posted:

Gollum can't kill orcs that are wearing helmets ):

at first glance i thought this wasn't feedback, but now that i've considered the metaphor it's actually a razor sharp observation

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just list threads alphabetically and retitle the important ones like "AAAOfficial GBS feedback thread."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds like we need SHADOWBAN technology around here