Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:siren: RULES :siren:
[*] There may be regulars from other forums who give feedback. If given in good faith, that feedback will be considered. Just because they're not a "GBS regular" doesn't mean that they may not have some ideas we can incorporate. Conversely, if you're not a regular of this forum and come to poo poo up this thread with non-constructive feedback, that won't be taken lightly.

I feel like this may be partially the result of some of the feedback I provided in the form of campaigning for moderator in 2023 (that I will NOT be doing in this thread), so allow me to thank you Seth for making this rule clear for everyone. Great start to our future partnership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

Feedback: People should be allowed to have sigs in GBS so I can give out little pixel art characters to put in ur sig

People can have sigs GBS. I've been asked not to use mine in this thread or otherwise campaign for moderator of GBS in 2023.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Katamari Democracy posted:

There was also one Admin who was going through rough times I forgot who he was but I threw him 50 dollars and he gave me this tank icon.

I think I am the only person on SA who has this. Whats wild is I love tanks and post in tank game threads here in games. It's a badge of honor.

I just see the grenade on awful app for android

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Personally I never liked him, he was a bad hombre that didn't know when to quit saying "tuggin"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Time to goldmine the old feedback thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

GundamHealer posted:

I don’t post much but I enjoy posting here. That’s my feedback.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Time to goldmine the old feedback thread

Seth I know the GBS moderation team is extremely short staffed, but why not done? I'm happy to help.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

nom epique posted:

in fact why are holdover admins even there. I know it inherently takes a certain brain to be an admin but it's clearly not working. People are thinking puny little thoughts instead of big ideas to actually make the forum active again.

Counterpoint, don't merge ADTRW into GBS. Enough weird poo poo happens over there that big FD can have his fiefdom. Anime and Japanese video games are bad for you anyway, case in point the entire Nintendurr Swcrap library

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mayhaps we should decide which forums get rolled in

Like big FD gets ADTRW
Nooner gets Pellet Palace
Some terminally online freak gets PYF and SAD
Seth gets GBS and everything else, I get made a mod to help control the chaos

Edit: tbf I didn't see the order to hush big Seth my apologies

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Last I checked Derpies was still permabanned so maybe move on and go outside or something

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dixville posted:

This is random but should we get rid of gently caress You And Dine or try to use it cause there's some duplicate threads between there and gbs and the last time I accidentally clicked on it there were 2 users browsing

First time I'm hearing about this subforum

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Imma lose my poo poo about this subforum

Hey are you a mod of pellet palace yet
Do they even have mods
What if they're just posting wild sh*t in there

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like Nooner

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Folks as a future mod can we please stop egging on someone who is clearly not enjoying this, especially when eggs are so expensive to fill in the larder

Edit: eggspecially

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 29, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Valko posted:

You know the I'm the sort of person who would beat up the referee after, right?

this is my brain right now.

enough. I need another joint and stupid flikem.

stream flash gorodn somewheer.

Please play it cool. I'm trying to be fair.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

All right all right move it along people :sweep:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Droogie posted:

I just learned that there are forums outside of gbs.

They're mostly bad

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Taerkar posted:

By are they worse than gbs?

GBS is great

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Got something else cooking in the meantjme

:glomp:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Make me IK of the Suburban Dad thread so I can change the thread title

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

make epic ik of his gat dang thread already. he requests title changes like 3 times a day sometimes

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I also want to be able to joke probe anyone that posts about their Traeger with that image of someone’s smoker needing a software update. Funny for me and annoying to those weirdos that get mad about the Leper’s Colony.

Fr tho imagine cooking with pencil shavings and an electric charcoal starter :roflolmao:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

this, if you can add them quickly, you should be able to remove them quickly. best part is that if they gently caress up, there is sure to be some funny poo poo that goes down

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Weird, not seeing a star yet? Assuming it’s on astral’s plate for later today?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:treemike:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hey Seth when the big news dropping

My constituents are getting ornery

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think it's good to have posters

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

the drama elementals need to be nuked on sight.

Yea ok not those posters

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BUT BUT HELPS

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can we make GBS the top forum again

I keep clicking the new book forum and having to see threads about books and I don't like it

Also, but but helps lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hello GBS,

I am thrilled to introduce our newest moderator for the GBS forum, Smugworth! Smugworth has been an active member of our community for several years and has consistently shown a deep commitment to fostering respectful and engaging discussions on the forum. We believe that Smugworth brings a unique set of skills and perspectives to the table, and we are confident that they will be a valuable addition to our moderation team.

As a moderator, Smugworth will be responsible for helping to ensure that discussions remain civil and on-topic, while also enforcing forum rules and guidelines. They will play an important role in maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members, and we are excited to have them onboard to help us achieve this goal.

We recognize that being a moderator can be a challenging role, but we have every confidence in Smugworth's abilities and their commitment to upholding the values of our community. We encourage you all to extend a warm welcome to Smugworth as they begin their new role, and to offer them your support as they work to make the GBS forum an even better place for all of us.

Please join me in congratulating Smugworth on their new position, and in wishing them all the best as they embark on this exciting new adventure!

Sincerely,
Seth Pecksniff

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh no, oh dear
That was supposed to be a PM to Seth

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

The doctor says I'm not supposed to get #1 in my heart.

Don't worry I'll always be the #1 ugworth

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's fine that it's top level because we're top level in our hearts

The shiny new kid will wear out their welcome and all will return to whence they came

nom epique posted:

Seems like the winds of change are definitely blowing OP. Probably why many are speculating that the forums merge will take place on Easter Sunday.

:haibrow:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

if you listen carefully on a quiet night in gbs, you can hear the faint sounds of *******, seeming to come from both nowhere at all and everywhere at once.

Gonna suggest you edit this post fella or I'm gonna have to queue a sixer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Line
Em
Up

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Line em up like picklebacks cuz they're going down

Or like ur mom op
Heh