Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

I want to say that I love the forums and GBS and everyone here is my friend (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this too Seth, it's great where its at

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also even though you're still Shrek Pecksniff, I do appreciate you engaging with and posting in these threads a ton. I wish the other mods would too but AARD VARKMAN appears to have gotten promoted to Senior Meeting Analyst recently and I'm p sure Genesplicer is just ChatGPT hooked up to a forums account

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lmfao

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I would love to help friendo but unfortunately I cannot :(

Seth you can ask Geoffrey don't be a cop about this. Sid is our forum's national treasure

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Idk if astral is looking into this as part of some far future forums upgrade but currently as I understand it it's a complete pain in the rear end to do this

oh so SETH gets a custom icon but the rest of us are left over here with a dumbass gernade

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

tbf, seth needs a reinforcing reminder to keep himself motivated. Scratch and sniff stickers etc

I might buy this for Seth

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think we should slowly ban prolific GBS posters until all Derpies alts are eliminated

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am assuming none of your are referring to the 5000 page thread :thanks:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, if there is a general chat thread in GBS, it's the 5kpt. We're just a bunch of posters who coalesced sharing jokes and cute animals and our lives and poo poo. So if any threads need to be wound down and posting pals need a home, we're a pretty open and accepting bunch

except BBC, he's on threadban parole right now

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Solefald posted:

Yeah I figured the 5k thread was the unofficial GBS chat melting pot. It's got a mostly positive atmosphere though and minimal sex pestery so that doesn't make a great deal of sense. 🤔

We loving love cum in the 5kpt

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

Sorry, drama aint happening tonight. I'm gonna smoke a joint and lay in bed and watch the Street Fighter 2 animated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQLB2YfOXbg

Valko I'm glad that you've chosen to not threaten people or write a big ol' rant about things this time :) Have a good night

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I had a really good idea for a thread at the bar but then we started discussing the logistics of getting lady bagmo to a Gordon Lightfood concert and I forgot what it was. I'll try to post an MS Paint thread tomorrow

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

am I allowed to call valko a regard

I'm p sure we can say Valko's a oval office here

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

I was joking when I said you made my list but...

Sorry Valko I shouldn't be so mean, someone played Creed on the jukebox tonight

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Mods gonna say maybe we need Smugworth to help moderate fights like these :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
SUGGESTION: Confine Greg of Doom to his latest thread but instead of rehabbing him like we did nom, we just keep him there so no one has to read his posts :thanks:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

wait is nom what you call rehabbed

nom is, at worst, a white noise poster at my level

Greg is a forums war crime tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I actually don’t mind Greg until he starts with the endless YouTube links. When he just posts words it’s fine.

The surprise misogyny / boomer think / etc is what I dislike. He'll be chuggin along just fine and then drop like "It's a loving sin to have an emotional relationship with your S/O"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

mocking someone's appearance is cruel when its something they can't change. if they dress like a circus clown like lewis hamilton or w/e, fair game

this is the way

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm also okay with being lovely to extremely people too but please don't get fuckin weird with it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Taerkar posted:

By are they worse than gbs?

by country miles my friend

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

:regd16:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
make me ik of the weed thread so i can change the title on that

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
hot cocoa why havent you made the GBS Men Climbing Fake Rocks Megathread yet

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

that's actually a good idea

yeah so I can know who to put on ignore :twisted:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
jk I just figure you guys like talkin about that poo poo and I doubt our vibe would match whatever random half abandoned sub forum houses the other

like I cant drop in and call you a bunch of fuckin nerds in The Sports Haus XD: Toots McGee or whatever the gently caress the subforums called

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's not a big deal, just give them buttons

this, if you can add them quickly, you should be able to remove them quickly. best part is that if they gently caress up, there is sure to be some funny poo poo that goes down

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I think being the OP of a thread should automatically make you the IK.

Mods can you figure this one thanks

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
:tutbutt:

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 1, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

Methanar is good he is kinda like a new morodin, good to have in the mix to keep things interesting like a court jester

Okay so this post made me butt my last. I'm cool with this. Unless he crosses the line!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Combine the book forum, and also the music forum, and also the writing forum, and also the creative forum with GBS and then make GBS #1 thanks Mods

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If the biggest problem facing GBS these days is its position on the forum list I’d consider that a win.

BAGS, Greg of Doom still posts.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yes but who are they!

turn off your monitor lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Wendigee posted:

Cool cool cool

Not enough imo. First half of the page should be nothing but sticky threads of varying importance

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

all feedback threads and even entire feedback forums are collecting grounds for ideas that should be patently ignored

ban this guy from GBS

MrQwerty posted:

My desire for 30 stickied threads is sincere, goon sire :colbert:

also this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am actually dead serious that having a number of stickied threads isn't a bad idea at all, just make sure you unsticky them if they lose steam and also don't be afraid to goldmine that poo poo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Gonna lock you two in a thread thunderdome style

Two posters enter one poster leaves

will the report button still be active on that thread

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There's been discussion of them in the past, we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Would love it to happen tho!

just do it you cowards!! i dont think i would get my name changed cuz its wayyyy too epic but i love good usernames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
and also getting confused as to who's who thats fun