Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/PublishersWkly/status/1639390560820637697

another win for amerikkkan publishers

also lol at this turd in the comments

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1639481765608734720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gently caress amerikkka

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I know is I've one less option for getting poo poo without paying for it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
libgen
z library
scihub

ftw

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the internet archive is the best site on the modern internet and this is loving bullshit

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

libgen
z library
scihub

ftw

Yeah they got every book on libgen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

gently caress amerikkka

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

didnt one those z library get shut down as well or i vaguely recall one being shut down

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

HallelujahLee posted:

didnt one those z library get shut down as well or i vaguely recall one being shut down

it got better

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HallelujahLee posted:

They're backq

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TrevyLimited/status/1639582616792838145

you heard it here first guys, copyright is an essential human right!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

nice

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Tree Reformat posted:

Acknowledgement of origin and fair use of your work is vital.

But these corps are a deadly threat to that, not least as they'll be the ones using AI too. IA was never a threat, it was never the one stealing their livelihood.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Mar 25, 2023

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
“Now that is florpin epic.” -Chuck Wendig

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:killing:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
internetarchive.ru when?

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem
https://archive.org/details/CSPAN2_20190811_231000_Dale_Beran_It_Came_From_Something_Awful/start/180/end/240

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Suplex Liberace posted:

gently caress amerikkka

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
you make google, then you make it illegal. stupid!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tree Reformat posted:

john locke hosed this country up bad lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
does this mean archive.org is dying or … ? (didn’t click any links itt sorry)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

archive.fandom.org

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

mfw I destroy the last good thing on the internet

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Cuttlefush posted:

libgen
z library
scihub

ftw

Yup. PS annas-archive.org lets you search across all these sites simultaneously.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Does this just affect the book lending part of the site, or can I no longer use it to view the ChuckNorrisFacts website as it was in 2006 as well?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buck Turgidson posted:

Yup. PS annas-archive.org lets you search across all these sites simultaneously.

whoa

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Goon project: let's get copyright reverted to the early 70s durations. Disney now owns Mickey in perpetuity

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
GOOD I'M GLAD OF IT

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

just move to russia like snowden did

https://twitter.com/PeImeniPusha/status/1639684005988802561

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this won’t affect the ROMs on IA I hope?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this won’t affect the ROMs on IA I hope?

dont post itt :thanks:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ringo worried about his supply of archived child beating videos

Morbus
May 18, 2004

literally every book ever written is on the order of ~500 TB which is like a couple dozen hard drives. good luck shitters

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Morbus posted:

literally every book ever written is on the order of ~500 TB which is like a couple dozen hard drives. good luck shitters

most of those probably suck maybe 700gb of books worth reading. 1 hard drive easy, maybe even a thumb drive.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

I've already downloaded all the Animorphs books. I don't think there's anything left worth saving.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Morbus posted:

books will always be super easy to pirate. z-lib is back and libgen never went away using IA for piracy is mostly a waste

the real problem is IA is a treasure trove of 90s-00s sites like a bunch of obscure rock hunting sites in utah/fossils in washington from an old usenet alt.groups.geodes and reposted to a geocities that went down 23 years ago, digging up someone's hilariously bad blogspot or wordpress post from 2003, and a bunch of state/fed government sites with really useful resources that broke in 2016 (thanks obama for destroying USGS) and going onto IA is the only way to recover it.

there's a ton of old user stories (both very good and creepily bad) that can only be found via IA

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
who needs books when there are so many cheap visual novels on steam

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I've had success using archive.ph for more recent stuff that archive.org was giving me a 403 error for, presumably because it was the Ukrainian state talking about how good pogroms are.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i tried to get a book from the archive that was published like a hundred years ago and it wanted me to have an account or something so i say good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Weka posted:

I've had success using archive.ph for more recent stuff that archive.org was giving me a 403 error for, presumably because it was the Ukrainian state talking about how good pogroms are.

oh yeah archive.is/archive.ph is far better for recent stuff like news articles, but for anything older than a couple of years, IA is the only way to go