Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Pickleball is becoming a problem in my neighborhood because there are courts about 100 yards away from some of the houses; and some people I guess just CAN'T STOP PLAYING PICKLEBALL because the people living in those houses are complaining that they hear the Pock!-Pock!-Pock! noises until like 11 PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

haveblue posted:

Didn’t McAuliffe also have to do a significant amount of work personally for this? I feel like I remember a court insisting he could not blanket grant all ex-cons their rights at once, but not stopping him from doing thousands of individual grants

Yeah the Republicans sued him, saying it had to be done on an individual basis, and the court agreed. So T-Mac said OK gently caress you, and signed off on like 13,000 cases one-by-one.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
You people are crazy milk is great. :colbert:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Star Man posted:

They were served fast food because the dimmer was during a government shutdown.

OK but there's a Five Guys in McPherson Square like 3 blocks up from the White House. And the Old Ebbitt Grill is a couple hundred yards away and has really good burgers.

Don't know if they could supply that many though.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Killer robot posted:

Virginia did pretty nice while it lasted too. It's almost like the people who said flipping seats matters were right or something.
The frustrating thing in Virginia is that after passing a bunch of good stuff, the Dems seemed embarrassed to actually tell anyone what they did when the next election came around, and they ended up losing the state house and the governor.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm not a golf expert, but wasn't this the case before the LIV was founded and it was just the PGA?

The Euro tour was a separate entity.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Charliegrs posted:

Michael Bloomberg wrote a column in WaPo demanding workers return to the office. It's as bad of an article as you'd expect.
Half the comments are people wondering if he owns a lot of commercial property and is worried about occupancy rates. :roflolmao:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The kids in Montana won their case that fossil fuels are ruining the environment.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Time for some Ramaswamentum

Nah, wrap it up, Ramaswamyailures.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

KillHour posted:

In the same way though, malls are kind of lovely places for killing time because they're extremely boring places with boring things.

Well sure, because they took out the arcades. :colbert:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Shooting Blanks posted:

The problem is that the structures are very difficult to repurpose for anything. They don't work well at all for housing or office space
Back in the 90s I interviewed with Lockmart in Orlando, in a building that was built as a mall. Whether it was a repurposed failed mall or just one that never got started I don't know, but the space that would've been one of the anchor stores was a big two-story cube farm.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I appreciate that Fetterman used the term "jagoffs", which is a very Pittsburgh thing.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
You know, I think I'm getting tired of living in interesting times.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Failed Imagineer posted:

A hundred years from now, gas-pedaling the Speaker's dick and balls every morning will be seen as an august tradition of the venerable House, its origins shrouded in time

They'll use that big mace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Lager posted:

That's okay, back when I was in junior high in the mid-90s one of my classrooms has a flag with fewer than 50 stars.

A few weeks back I used a Yugo reference at work, then realized I had to explain it to my young coworkers, then realized I would have to explain what Yugoslavia was first.