Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I don’t see what could possibly move the needle on gun control at this point. A classroom full of dead kids at Sandy Hook did nothing, members of congress being shot has done nothing. Moloch demands sacrifices and no effort will be mustered to prevent them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Zwabu posted:

These two sentences pretty much sum up my :psyduck: over the whole GOP primaries. If the candidates are all going to acknowledge that the GOP is defined by Trump and loyalty to him, why even run in this cycle unless you had some plan to get around that fact outside of "maybe God will strike him down with a thunderbolt/stroke".

I want to see the deer in headlights look from any one of them caused by someone asking “Do you think you’d make a better president than Trump?”

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

rscott posted:

I have one very large car, but it's a 1983 Mercedes 300SD, so I would probably take the 35 year old newer Yaris in a crash objectively speaking

My understanding is that modern cars are remarkably safer for their occupants than cars from even 20 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TikJC0x65X0

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

El Mero Mero posted:

Yes, no, maybe. It's more about who the party apparatus backs and solidifies around and which candidate is most successful at getting the faith of certain blocks. I honestly think Pence will get the nod, despite the trumpist's hatred of him. The evangelicals + corporate republicans own the Republican party - not the MAGA loyalists. I think in 2016 Trump snuck past that block primarily due to vote-splitting in the primary and he then pivoted and promised tax cuts + abortion + pence to the evangelicals to get them on board for the general.

I honestly don't think that's going to happen again. It'll be a true libertarian economic broke-brain (vivek) or an evangelical monster and I think pence is likeliest because he's a white guy. Haley I think is who liberals think the party will back after Trump, but I don't think she passes the RINO purity test.

I think the evangelicals are all-in on Trump. The crassness, the infidelity, none of it matters because “he’s being guided by god now.” He got Roe overturned for them, and Obergefell is next.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

Disney first acquired that land (which was, at the time, unincorporated swampland) through a series of shell companies and smaller purchases to hide that they were, in fact, Walt Fuckin' Disney Corporation trying to build another theme park to go with DisneyLand on the west coast. There is no way to hide buying up that much land now, and it would be too ungodly expensive, even for the Mouse, to try and build out a project of that size today anywhere.

A group of tech billionaires secretly bought up 50k acres in Northern California, and only started getting attention because the government was concerned about it being next to Travis AFB.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I live in that upper right red part there on an island maybe a mile wide. 3x I've had hurricane flood waters reach half way up my slanted driveway and several neighbors to my west have flooded multiple times. My house is paid for so my plan is to stick around, wait 6 years for my son to turn 18, the child support payments are done and then sell this place if it's still standing and gently caress off ot higher ground somewhere. Hopefully out of the godforsaken red hell hole of Florida

Sell the house to who, Ben? loving Aquaman?

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I’m not begging you, you’re going to be begging me!

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

ummel posted:

The GOP in Florida just signed people up with similar looking names to really screw with the election process. No campaigns or anything.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-florida-orlando-government-and-politics-b82ae695a6356d167f373d2055eef651

I've long thought that Dems should find some guy also named Ronald Reagan (or hell, just get Ronald Reagan Jr.) and get him on the ballot in a couple states, see if there's enough Florida voters unsure of what year it is to swing the state back to blue.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Spiffster posted:

Death finally got kissinger from the claw machine

https://twitter.com/QuinnyPig/status/1730040985793741185

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
My understanding is that most companies incorporate in Delaware due to the long history of other companies having incorporated in Delaware, so there’s a similarly long legal history in Delaware and companies like that boring legal framework to exist in.

So Elon’s totally going to switch to Texas and put a dog on the board of directors.