Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

new guy i've mentored on and off on my team does weird chat things that are too petty for me to complain about, nevermind even ask him to stop doing. i almost wonder if he's trolling me but that's just :tinfoil: af of me to think so i've learned to ignore it.

what are theses weird chat things do they put an x after serious messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my workplace is real strict about breaks. on sundays when I am in charge I tell people to take their time but when weekday management is around you better stick to your ten mins

the people working here need to realise they have the power. they used to be fairly replaceable but not these days

too many however have that internalised thing where they’re like “the business is the most important thing” ya know?

i’ve made it clear that if you wanna let me go home early I’m outta there. everyone else if you ask them if they wanna go home early are all like “are you sure?? what if it gets busy in five minutes?” and all that poo poo. i’m trying to teach everyone to trust everyone else more, if someone says “you can leave early”, then trust that they’ve evaluated the situation and determined you’re supernumerary already, so trust them and go home. anyway lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pro tip: ignore the instinctual desire to show them text messages sent by friends that discuss various sexual antics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fresh_cheese posted:

ill shutup now

I enjoyed reading them

maybe coz they made me feel a bit like I could one day do that

gotta get my head out my rear end tho that’l never be me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh god talking shop when out for drinks with workmates sucks. ya can’t avoid a little bit of it but when it’s the only topic you wonder if people have lives at all