Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

here's the coffee machine, here's how to make coffee, and most importantly here are the condititions under which it is their responsibility to make more coffee

at motorola i worked my first year on nights, and a half hour before i clocked out (so around 6:30a) i would brew up two fresh Bunns full of beans.

in hindsight, they did not deserve me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cold on a Cob posted:

new guy i've mentored on and off on my team does weird chat things that are too petty for me to complain about, nevermind even ask him to stop doing. i almost wonder if he's trolling me but that's just :tinfoil: af of me to think so i've learned to ignore it.

details, im fascinated by weird posters

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol who did you piss off

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there was a social channel at my last company where the tryhards were into things like posting "AFK 11-13 minutes, child bleeding, dont think its fatal tho"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the counter to "kids dont know how computers work!" is that the entire first semester of my C class in college in '97 was literally "convert decimal to binary back and forth forever" and "here's how to log into the vax to write programs. we're not gonna get into that till year 2 but"

definitely missed the forest for the trees there and i just did not care to go to class at all and welp here we are, living in a tin shack in the hood yelling on the internet about catgirls

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

tk posted:

You go into the office just so you can drag your coworkers out to lunch?

yeah this is some weird shamey poo poo i don't care for it. big "oh come on sushiritos are SO GOOD, come on, theyre only like $18" energy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
to be clear, sushiritos are DOGSHIT abominations and every one of those places should be shut down

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, suck my rear end, i don't want to chat at lunch. i want to eat some motherfucking food in a focused manner

You wanna 'just chat' (which always ends up being asking me to do more work) book something before or after.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we are not friends. we are coworkers. or we're in a manager/labor type of relationship which is even further from my desired lunch accompaniment.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

nudgenudgetilt posted:

jonny is just pissed he didn't get the job at Lumon Industries

never heard of em. is this a reference