Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 20 - Too Much Cutlery

God drat I hate these red robed cultists

Bruceski posted:

Fun fact about that bridge room:
Cutscenes like that are in-game so if you toss a grenade, flash grenade or bowgun mine up there just before triggering it the guy gets stunned and doesn't lower the bridge. You can grab the head and leave with just a few guys having time to get in your way.

Having three armor taken out by one blue flame? I just always assumed videogame law meant it could only hurt one of them per throw :eng99:

Flashbangs are great. But heavy grenade is my best friend making sure I always have 3-4 spare flashbangs for a reason. Though would Danaru really put his audience through "Aw gently caress, let me reload the checkpoint to try that again" three times to get the timing right on that above spoiler?

Yes, because everyone understands red robes are jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The timing is pretty lenient because the guy doesnt show up from nowhere he's standing right there in the corner and hitting him with a grenade prevents the cutscene from happening

Whats even better is you can return to the room in the next chapter to loot it and theres only like 2 guys there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 21 - Just Really Bitter About It

God drat they restaffed the place quick :shepface:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 26, 2023

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Another episode 20?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
UGH I'll fix it later I just got to work

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'm seeing double! Four episodes 40?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I played with a treasure guide open on my first run. But it feels like basically every repeat run, I forget about the castle treasure you need Ashley for :downs:

Maybe I can get away with blaming the fact they took away the free magnum. "Oh, they removed the backtrack with Ashley treasure." "But Leon, there is a-" "Not now, I am remembering changes."

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Have you been skipping over the merchant's new shotgun all this time, or is it bad?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Just Winging It posted:

Have you been skipping over the merchant's new shotgun all this time, or is it bad?
Striker got hit with multiple layers of nerfs. While it does have the highest non-exclusive damage by far, all the other shotguns are stronger with exclusive. Meanwhile, not only has the Striker's infamous 100 ammo capacity been slashed to 50 or so, but you don't get refills upgrading ammo anymore, and the "Tension"™ based rework of ammo drops and ammo crafting means good loving luck having 50 shotgun shells at the same time even when you reach the final boss with literally 70+ gunpowder stockpiled.

By comparison to the Striker and Riotgun, the basic shotgun with exclusive has the highest damage! That said I am constantly shouting "Why didn't that kill them!?" with the exclusive basic shotgun over parasites and exposed weakspots. While the Riotgun crosshair being merely the size of a beachball seems to help with shredding them instead of tracing a circle around them.

Riotgun being as good as I wished it was in Classic feels like a monkey paw wish at the expense of the other shotguns. Thankfully, every shotgun loving rules so it is a case of "Good vs great".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 26, 2023

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I was talking about the Riotgun mostly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 22 - It's Open

I'm hesitant to get the riot gun mainly because I already chew through shotgun ammo like crazy, precision isn't my strong point

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like the riot gun a lot - it's heftier in firepower until the special upgrade, which pulls the base shotgun slightly ahead. But I also appreciate its more concentrated fire. It feels like it adds more oomph while still feeling like a shotgun, you can still be pretty loose with your aiming.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Uh whoops we actually ran out of RE4 episodes! We'll record more this weekend

Look some poo poo went down in Yakuza 2 and we had to see where it went, so we wound up using both days for that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 23 - That WAS It's Head

We're back! To BUGS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Those disguise bugs get me every time. I'll get got by one, then walk right into the next one in the middle of swearing I'm going to keep my eyes open from now on. Every single time :arghfist::saddumb:

e: never saw Leon turned into a pair of pants before :stonklol:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 1, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 24 - Too Many Characters

This goop can not be good for us :gonk: At least we didn't have to drink it like Ashley did

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

While I don't care for Grace's joke about me, I must admit that I definitely do not fully heal.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 25 - Hella Spaghettios

I shouldn't be held accountable for the stuff I yell while fighting bosses, my focus has to shift to being 'good' at the game and that's why my commentary quality nose dives.

Look just let me have this alright

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I’m a bit ahead of the LP on my first play through of RE4 in either format and didn’t know you could shoot the dynamite in the shooting ranges. Things make more sense now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 26 - Stephanie And Glurdle

How many of these giants did they RAISE?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

At least Luis recognizes you're the sensible one of the pair when he's calling you Sancho.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 26 - Stephanie And Glurdle

How many of these giants did they RAISE?

I actually like that there's a simple answer here: three. "Stephanie" is the gigante that you clipped with a cannonball earlier on the ramparts; you can actually shoot the exposed flesh and bone in the damaged area.

Which given how much one of the bastards nearly starved the entire village - and the area you're in is presumably inhabited beyond it but has to have limited food and population - makes sense; they actually can't support more than those three.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh poo poo I don't think I would have caught that, I honestly managed to forget about fighting Stephanie on the ramparts :frog: in my defense I've seen a LOT of other gross things since then

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I feel like it's way more of a pain to set up the lava drop here compared to the original Gigante fight, to the point that I just got tired of it and killed them normally. Maybe it's easier on the second one, I dunno.

And yeah, it took me until the third time through to notice that they changed R+G herbs to be a multiplier of the green herb rather than a full heal, it really bugs me. It shouldn't, because it gets you 95% of the way there, but at the same time that means it's a "why even bother, then" kind of change :arghfist::saddumb:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like it's way more of a pain to set up the lava drop here compared to the original Gigante fight, to the point that I just got tired of it and killed them normally. Maybe it's easier on the second one, I dunno.

And yeah, it took me until the third time through to notice that they changed R+G herbs to be a multiplier of the green herb rather than a full heal, it really bugs me. It shouldn't, because it gets you 95% of the way there, but at the same time that means it's a "why even bother, then" kind of change :arghfist::saddumb:

Both Gigantes have very little HP so it's actually preferable to just shoot them for extra treasure. Unless you are speedrunning I guess.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 27 - The Plagina

Grace has this reflex to bombard me with questions whenever I need to focus on something. Playing Doctor Mario around him is hell

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I think I regret sitting down to watch this video with a freshly-made plate of eggs.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I'm glad you went back to pound that pulsating Plagussy you missed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 28 - Cutscene Bodies

Ashley will understand, there's challenges to complete

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 29 - The Merchant Sends His Regards

At least the statue doesn't chase us this time, as funny as that was.

Apparently hitting Salazar with that egg does a massive amount of damage because he's allergic or something, sadly we didn't chip him to death :negative:

E: hey cool thing I just learned, the point of no return for the castle is BEFORE the Merchant's point of no return warning :geno:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 6, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 30 - It Felt Good Though

Sorry for not posting for a bit, I don't even have a reason I just straight up forgot

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Talks about a new panda, and doesn't post her in the thread, smdh.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Just Winging It posted:

Talks about a new panda, and doesn't post her in the thread, smdh.

I'm at work right now so I can't take a new picture, but I can show you this

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 31 - Why Does It Squibble?!

HOW IS IT WORSE

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
She is adorable, you are forgiven.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
I love how literally every single time someone encounters the regeneradors they just instantly agree they are the worst things ever.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 32 - Those Are Matildas

They put that grenade in the center of the pod room on purpose :mad:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That pod room is the most perfectly designed spot for things to go completely to hell in the slightest instant, I'm glad we got to see that right up front :allears:

I somehow managed to do it + the followup battle without any unnecessary regeneradors the first time around. Granted, that was on easy, but it made for a fun surprise when I came back all confident in normal mode, only to suddenly have a roomful of them trying to Stretch Armstrong me the moment something went wrong.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 33 - Too Many Bits Going On

And they're all horrible

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
bah, I like the Ashley hair dyes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU