Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Judge Tesla posted:

You looked directly at the dog sitting on the rocks about 10 times, he was there waiting and you ignored his barks you monster.

It is kind of comforting to have proof that dog has a really high camo index, after almost missing it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 12 - Oops.

There are too many drat chainsaws in this stupid town

Sometimes when I am just running up the stairs to head back to her locker during the fight, Ashley would shout "Leon where are you going!?" and meet me halfway.

I still have no idea if my stick is just too sensitive to clicking it on accident or not. But she never busts out early when I am wildly panicking in a later segment.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Danaru absolutely destroying Mendez so hard MGS2 dogtags flew out of his corpse, while also crushing my soul with the slowest reload speed in the world :shepface:

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm a weak little videogame babby who did easy mode on my first run and only played the default difficulty in the original, and playing standard difficulty on my second run through the remake is definitely tougher than that in quite a few places. Getting swarmed really is a big part of it, the mobs are tuned to get in your face a lot more to counter you being much more mobile in combat now. There are other enemies and things that have also been changed in various ways to amp that up, but generally stuff we haven't run into yet here.
I was very surprised I could deal with hardcore, even as a replay. So I can only imagine being able to run away while reloading now is a bigger deal for me than new knife combat.

Every time I remember "Oh yeah, I have an upgraded knife!" for anyone but Krauser is the fast track to getting strangled as they tank stabs to their eyes, or slicing someone's head off and immediately getting smacked in the face when a parasite pops out :argh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Selling knives is the only thing the merchant clearly scams you on.

"Ah, a knife that will save you thousands in repairs even if you can only use it twice before it breaks. I will buy it for five dollars."

Which comes to mind even more with that jerk who takes like, five stabs and breaks your combat knife in the process even if you go in with a fresh level 3 knife. Suddenly magnum ammo feels real affordable.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Thank you for demonstrating why I wish there was a different shaped context sensitive prompt for "Would you like to activate a shortcut before you leave, smart guy?" in games.

While I am daydreaming about functions to keep me from feeling like I am slowly going insane over things I should know by now. Different color paint or something for "Yeah we know you already smashed everything in here, but we put these pity boxes here for the mandatory backtracking." in games.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The better I get at that red robe room, the more I hate it. Because it came with realizations like.

The chandelier never hits anyone for me when I tried using it as an opener. Because nobody hangs out under it when I play :argh:

Shooting most of these explosive barrels as an opener kills one guy at best with my luck.

Sneaking even further to backstab the guy next to the red robe, means the red robe jumps over the railing to escape :eng99:

I am also 90% certain Red robe dude has some kind of super armor if you try to shoot him before the cutscene.

Trying to use any of the clever death trap room bullshit just made things worse for me. Compared to only sneaking just enough to kill crossbow jerk, then going crazy with hand grenades and ammo from the balcony.

There is a much more cathartic room later, depending on your prepwork. Throwing a single heavy grenade just right the second you enter, will kill all of the red robe's friends.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Man, I never even knew the spiders could still control headless guys :stare:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Resident Evil 4 Remake Episode 20 - Too Much Cutlery

God drat I hate these red robed cultists

Bruceski posted:

Fun fact about that bridge room:
Cutscenes like that are in-game so if you toss a grenade, flash grenade or bowgun mine up there just before triggering it the guy gets stunned and doesn't lower the bridge. You can grab the head and leave with just a few guys having time to get in your way.

Having three armor taken out by one blue flame? I just always assumed videogame law meant it could only hurt one of them per throw :eng99:

Flashbangs are great. But heavy grenade is my best friend making sure I always have 3-4 spare flashbangs for a reason. Though would Danaru really put his audience through "Aw gently caress, let me reload the checkpoint to try that again" three times to get the timing right on that above spoiler?

Yes, because everyone understands red robes are jerks.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I played with a treasure guide open on my first run. But it feels like basically every repeat run, I forget about the castle treasure you need Ashley for :downs:

Maybe I can get away with blaming the fact they took away the free magnum. "Oh, they removed the backtrack with Ashley treasure." "But Leon, there is a-" "Not now, I am remembering changes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Just Winging It posted:

Have you been skipping over the merchant's new shotgun all this time, or is it bad?
Striker got hit with multiple layers of nerfs. While it does have the highest non-exclusive damage by far, all the other shotguns are stronger with exclusive. Meanwhile, not only has the Striker's infamous 100 ammo capacity been slashed to 50 or so, but you don't get refills upgrading ammo anymore, and the "Tension"™ based rework of ammo drops and ammo crafting means good loving luck having 50 shotgun shells at the same time even when you reach the final boss with literally 70+ gunpowder stockpiled.

By comparison to the Striker and Riotgun, the basic shotgun with exclusive has the highest damage! That said I am constantly shouting "Why didn't that kill them!?" with the exclusive basic shotgun over parasites and exposed weakspots. While the Riotgun crosshair being merely the size of a beachball seems to help with shredding them instead of tracing a circle around them.

Riotgun being as good as I wished it was in Classic feels like a monkey paw wish at the expense of the other shotguns. Thankfully, every shotgun loving rules so it is a case of "Good vs great".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 26, 2023