Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i desperately need to know more about the lil merchant korok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Robbie definitely wants to gently caress that oven

can you blame him really

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

seeing how the map has changed in subtle and less subtle ways is one of the things i'm most excited about tbh

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

how weird is it going to be if we get two mainline Zeldas in a row with no triforce

or is that the third cutscene

you actually have to craft the triforce out of bokoblin guts and a knight's claymore

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i really think people are underestimating how significant the changes to the map will likely be. "re-used" is a starting point, they didn't develop this for six years just to add a bunch of floating stuff.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

If they've done that they haven't shown it.

the thing about video games is that it's cool to not know everything before you start playing them

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i did a zero fast travel playthrough of botw a while back and it was really satisfying

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MokBa posted:

Yeah I did my second playthrough with zero fast travel and it was wonderful. I might try it on my first one this time around.

bold to assume fast travel is back :getin:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

YggiDee posted:

When your horse takes damage, how is it healed? Is it just whenever I board it at the stables, or does it restore over time, or does feeding it help?

you have to put it down. i'm so sorry

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

This guy does some really interesting deep-dive videos about the game, including completing the game in a minimalist 100% challenge run (get all the Koroks, unlock all the main map landmarks, simply activating the shrines without actually going into them since they're not required etc.) He released this video on the theory recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8WZqM6xKWY

man i love poo poo like this

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

God this is some really good analysis of the gameplay about how Recall is the power that sticks out as different from the rest, and how its icon and similar ones on the special edition OLED Switch and on the pins that come with the collectors edition of the game might hint at Link's other powers in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KzZSDuAWk

drat this is well done

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nybble posted:

...but this would not be.

we all stan finny here you best watch your step

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i used the interactive map to finally pin down all the korok seeds and have that accomplishment under my belt before totk.... but i messed up somewhere and i'm missing exactly 1 korok with no idea where it is

guess i'll die

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm gonna find it, i just need to double-check all the maps. the annoying part is that you can't see korok seeds on the in-game map unless you zoom in all the way, which is massively inconvenient for quick checks

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Can't you check them off on the online map? Go through those, make sure it's on your in-game map.

that's what i did but some wire got crossed somewhere so now i have to do it again :downsgun:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

you know zelda isn't an actual woman right

no... NO....

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

found a mysterious leaf stamp in the gerudo highlands. lo and behold,

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jesus christ this game looks absolutely packed to the gills

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a.lo posted:

I will NOT recruit the bucket helmet guy

get the gently caress out out this thread

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

But seriously, Teba is probably a goner right? He was the only new age champion they didn't show, but they had his son instead.

perhaps he is simply Too Old For This poo poo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yeah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he got his dick caught in a woodchipper rip

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

And Splatoon 3 has announced a Zelda map/campaign I guess (I don't play so not sure what to call it)

https://twitter.com/ZeldaOfficialJP/status/1646877532510380032?s=20

it's a splatfest event

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Overbite posted:

The triforce of karaage

:hai:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

precision posted:

Okay good. I just want to find enough so I can carry a bunch of weapons

Speaking of which, the game clearly expects me to have a hammer and an axe at all times for puzzles. What the heck happens if I lose the ones I have? I'm pretty sure I've only seen one hammer, period

stables, but they're also all over the place generally. plus any two-handed weapon can replace those use cases

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

maltesh posted:

Real Hylians almost always have places to be; they're either at someplace important, or on the way to or from somewhere important.

Only the Yiga have time to stand around at random roadsides forever.

they're usually standing in one place and doing one of a few animations (cowering in fear, looking around into the distance, waving you down)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ganondorf's sexy era will not be complete until they make him not suck in smash

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

motion control aiming in botw is loving perfect

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

precision posted:

I did a shrine where I had to motion control a ball through a maze and definitely do not agree lol

After 10 tries I was like fine I'll just turn off motion control

Turns out motion control is not optional for those puzzles lol

I eventually got it but man

well no those puzzles are just rear end across the board

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Maybe if you're roleplaying as tremor-disorder Link.

think maybe you should get your hands checked mate i've never had any issues

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a.lo posted:

I guess we are not getting Twilight Princess HD for the Switch this year smh

there's a house in totk that you can go inside that has a switch in it and if you interact with it you can play twilight princess hd

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

theory: zelda's english voice sucks because the character is putting on an accent, because she's a weird dork

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

RubricMarine posted:

I feel bad for that actor. She's just miscast and/or poorly directed, doesn't deserve the buckets of hate she is assuredly getting over her performance.

i don't actually mind it but i won't let that get in the way of my great posts

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

botw's strength is more in its sound design than the music itself i think

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Amppelix posted:

i started up a playthrough of Second Wind, the BotW mod, in my impatience to get my hands on TotK. I only got off the plateau so far but it's definitely given me that "ooh, what's that" feeling the first BotW playthrough is full of a couple times already so i'd say it's doing its job! even the redecorated shrines, though clearly just the old shrines but with random bits of scenery stuck in and occasional new enemies/obstacles, do a great job of making it feel fresh. they do really change up the monotonous look of the shrines which does a great deal on its own already.

coolest moment so far was when a stalbokoblin popped up 30 minutes into the playthrough with one of these equipped:

it's so fun seeing stuff i've never seen before just pop up randomly like this.

i've been watching ZFG stumble through this, it's neat

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i play zelda games for one reason only: to determine whomst i would most like to gently caress

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

i play zelda games for one reason only: to determine whomst i would most like to gently caress

right now it's the bucket head guy

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

my horrible admission is that i've only ever actually beaten WW and BOTW, but god drat i love those games so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

away with ye, false prophet