Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

External Organs posted:

Badass thread!! And quoting myself from a few days ago in the other thread:

I've been hearing insanely positive stuff, and that the game doesn't really get to Bayo even meeting Luka, so I'm insanely hyped. But I'm a Bayonetta fan, meaning I love action games, of course I wanna try this strange puzzle-y combat zelda like, but not the week before the father of Bayo's genre, RESIDENT EVIL 4, came out. Which will tide me until Tears of the Kingdom comes out. Which will last me well until Final Fantasy 16 comes out. Maybe I'll try Bayonetta Origins in the gap before Spider-man 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What if you can make sandwiches but only with ultrahand. Put down the ingredients then stack and fuse them. Link just eats the green goo like it's mayo on his steak, stew, fruit platter and egg sandwich.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They did announce the BOTW DLC about six weeks from launch, so it would've been here huh. I'd like to think that part of the reason this game's 70 is that any DLC plans ended up being folded into the main game, and is part of why it took so long.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

this bothered me even when I was a kid

I think it's the coolest thing to revisit an area of a previous game in a new one, but it almost never happens. The rare times it does, the new area often looks nothing like the previous one, likely due to the problem of there being new engine or artists or designers or programmers

so in a lot of ways Tears of the Kingdom is already the coolest video game ever made

Let me tell you about a little game series called Yakuza/Like A Dragon and how there's a whole thread in these very subforums that know their way through Kabukicho in Japan IRL.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Final Fantasy and Zelda showing off trailers at the same day while Resident Evil 4 is the current contender for GOTY. What a time to be alive

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Reminder that Skyward Sword ends with Fi sealing the remains of Demise's consciousness within the Master Sword. So the master sword being that hosed might be an even bigger problem.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

i understand but the meme doesnt parse

It became apparent that Matt Mercer was Ganondorf's voice actor two months ago with the previous trailer, but they didn't announce it until after this trailer (though that now seems likely that they didn't want to show off Ganondorf in detail until now) so it was as if they were trying to hide it last time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Also a special menu at the restaurant Lawson. So far they've only announced karaage

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Since TotK will probably deal with time travel in some capacity I wonder if we’ll get any nods to Age of Calamity(even though that seems to be a separate timeline). Maybe a Terrako cameo?

Links sees the timeline where one sword swing kills forty enemies at once and refuses to go back home.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

precision posted:

Lmao I talked to some rando npc and she transformed into a ninja and attacked me

This game is very similar to dark souls

People have a lot of fun with those NPCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jsjCeSWME

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1647971193834676269

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

The bit of his cloak/one sleeve thing reminiscent of Wind Waker Ganondorf's kimono makes it look like Fat Ganon was just cultivating mass in preparation for getting super loving yoked

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

motion control aiming in botw is loving perfect

I'm getting kinda scared for that because I'm too used to the motion controls on the PS5 version of Fortnite, and those are just way better than the Switch...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

An idea I've seen bounced is that "dungeons" might be extended sequences where a companion tags along, kinda like the 2 later dungeons in wind waker, so you get all your abilities at the start but still have bespoke puzzles in dungeons using new tools.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Was it Skyward Sword or Wind Waker that had the reference to the spider's thread being used to escape the underworld? I remember a room filled with skeletons or something and the only way out was up.

Skyward Sword, yeah. The whip temple with the big gold statue in the middle.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tokelau All Star posted:

Is Age of Calamity fun? Do the stages take more than 15 minutes?

If AoC ran well (i guess a PC emulator can probably handle that) it'd be on my top 10 action games ever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1651215481196404737?t=vBLl7Er0yJK4tqUUW1XTBg&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

gonna pick up my copy at the best buy i work tomorrow as soon as we open. But also try and see if it'll let me pick up the preorder when we close tonight maybe please come on

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Selane posted:

I will draw a dick using hero’s path while en route to the ending.

I'm doing an Amogus% run

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

heading to work soon. i'm at that point of excitement that feels like raw anxiety oh boy lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I bought a copy for my girlfriend and I to share.

Got 2 hours in and realized that if I keep going, I'd reach the halfway point of the tutorial, pick her up from work, watch her get maybe 1 ability as she plays from 3 pm to midnight, the day would end without me getting the full kit and I would lose my loving mind.

I bought two copies today.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Went to make some quick cash like how I did in botw. Ended up only making 1200 rupies, and had to spend 700, and started a temple :/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1657351456952025088?t=bHd1tyxEjmUfThYSpvq4iA&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I'm doing the fire temple on four hearts and haaaah is this a bad idea.

They really did fix every small complaint with BotW. Enemy variety and dungeons are insane. Can't believe how rad the build up to the Fire Temple was.

I got there too and noped the gently caress out after a few minutes in the temple proper lol. All the poes collected on the way there was enough.

I'm planning on going counterclock wise to activate all the towers, turn on every shrine I see, then when the towers are done I bang out all the shrines I found and become buff.

https://twitter.com/rindoggydog/status/1657220862532108289?t=qwGmJJOyLRCd1mD2WhnXEA&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm glad lightning works the same as botw so I can't get surprised
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1657181761120653313?t=KcSeRzTCbntvOkepdkebvA&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hateno Village question
does your botw save affect your house? My save for some reason doesn't work, my old horses didn't show up on the stables system, but it kinda looks like Zelda took your house and threw away your cool swords collection??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Totk runs way smoother than botw dreamed of. But totk also lets you press a button to tank fps to 20 and make a car with rockets.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Someone give me a spoilery way to upgrade my cells. Ain't no way the intended method is to bring 30 chunks at a time to that armory in the tutorial area that you can't fast travel to, buy like ten pieces of the crystals, wait for the restock until you can afford to go to the refinery that you Can fast travel to

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’ve met two more vendors who trade the crystals. Both of which were in the underground

Thanks guys

I struggled hard last night with the rail shrine, then as I went to sleep I was struck with a revelation
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1658089900359692288?t=Bapi2URZy6g7kygKxBOUnQ&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

At this point I always have a rocket shield kn one of my slots no matter what. Never know when I'll need this makeshift revalis gale

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm glad they decided to let you play as Aqua instead of Zelda
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1658568722465046528?t=D_cf_Q4TGCtOFIxrHa8MZQ&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1658636620915150850?t=gjjmYis02zFL3i1REt5_fQ&s=19

I just wanted another refinery now I've seen like (spoilers for what you find in the depicted corner of the map) three yoga military mgs5 camps :cry:

Oh hey this is a refinery, sweet. I got enough for another cell

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 17, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I did this yiga clan poo poo rear end backwards and twisted. I look for hte refinery, loving take a left instead of a right and keep going on. "Let's see what's over there, I'll look at that structure later" then I see a statue of a lady holding a sword, i pass by another one and notice the first one was pointing at it. Oooh i bet that'll lead me to a chest or soemthing. A mile later i reach teh loving second refinery thinking "what if it's zelda holding th emaster sword and that's how i'll get the master sword?????" so i turn on the refinery and get a decent chunk of stuff. Not enough because i could not find a single boulder and thus i couldn't mine for more zenite. I go back to that tiny gap I didn't explore because a friend told me that's the refinery i was looking for in the first place, and that's how I got the rebuild ability and fought Kohga 1 with no arrows (i chucked bombs at him then smacked) and now i can teleport to the other refinery to fight Kohga 2 once i get some arrows i guess! love this looney tunes game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My girlfriend reached a temple
https://twitter.com/Meganoip/status/1658682346252668929?t=rob4ftJ0gkPkZNd04oyWvg&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Played with what you unlock at tarrey toen. then I heard of a neat underground thing on Twitter and figured I could spend ten mins on that and call it a night. Did it, then went "ooo that looks neat" for two hours and now I have the master sword. This game is so loving cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hateno vaguely remembers Link as the guy who got his house stolen by the princess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/historygf/status/1659033627957633024?t=w0zfH0TNHBw6GJQrBv_dig&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Orange Crush Rush posted:

When did Link become a street walking Cheetah with a heart full of Napalm
https://twitter.com/RinHara5aki/status/1659198151243202561

Obama Gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It was 15/30 in BOTW as well (technically 27 hearts with 3 overflow from food)

I kinda dig that BOTW Link would've loving died. The 3 extra hearts he earned over the years were his saving grace.