Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

the story has nowhere to go but up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Super No Vacancy posted:

It only has two cutscenes, of course it's a less interesting story

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Gyro aiming is great and normal motion controls are whatever. Hating motion doesn't mean you have to hate gyro also. It's so nice.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't get the hype behind Ancient Cistern myself. The one setpiece is cool I guess but other than that I remember nothing else about it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The sandship was much more fun to me because the Bow was a long time coming and it trivialized all combat and felt great.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

it's not innuendo at that point

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

LividLiquid posted:

It's the only mainline Zelda game I've never beaten and I gave up about where you did. I made it to the final dungeon area, kinda' and there was this thing where a slider puzzle determined room placement and after just running all around to grab bafmodads before it'd let me even get there, I turned the game off without even saving and knew I'd never return.

That game loving LOVED to waste your time and give you busywork. Not having an overworld is completely hosed. It omitted everything I loved about Zelda and did the things I've never enjoyed really, really badly. It's the Other M of the Zelda franchise.

It kills me they used up all that killer music on such an unsatisfying chore of a game.

You were steps away from the final boss, OP

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I mean, I hate slide puzzles too, but there were definitely worse parts of the game than that. Overall I liked Skyward Sword though. The remaster certainly helped.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I also do not play Zelda primarily for the dungeons, which is what made Breath of the Wild so goddamn good to me, and something I hope Tears of the Kingdom doesn't forget in its expansion.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fifty Three posted:

I want a skulltula who's been cursed to become human and you gotta restore them to a skulltula

same except I'm the human

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

counterpoint: arachnophobia and insect-phobia can trigger even on cartoony insects and i have a personal vendetta against developers who put them in games when they cant think of anything more interesting

I feel for you, really I do, but insects are pretty interesting. I'm glad that more games are having options to disable spiders but I wouldn't want to live in a world where bugs aren't allowed to exist in media anymore

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

We've seen the coordinates in the TV spots. I think it's safe to say they're sticking around

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm eating this info up, I think no matter how much I know about the game it won't be ruined the same way knowing everything you can do on the great plateau didn't ruin the rest of BotW.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Zore posted:

You can also blow them up with Cryonis

that doesn't do damage

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Play on your own and turn off HP bars over every enemy and it's super tolerable.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Her English VO is so allegedly awful that when people started seeing folks complain that Zelda was reprising her role, the vitriol was so deep that folks genuinely thought it was because her VA had done something controversial and was being cancelled.

(I think it's fine.)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Nah he is the guy who died of Ligma

What's a "guy"?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If you get a shrine quest for a shrine you've already done it will automatically clear right then and there. So if it hasn't, then it probably is one you're missing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Source FilmMaker, apparently?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

there's some DYKG video about the dozen or so mario fangames that were taken down compared to the thousands that exist and I remember them all being mostly justified in one of those ways

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Just played a bit of BOTW as a final goodbye, how am I just now figuring out that there are lil magnetic blocks in the major test of strength rooms that let you block the final laser barrage phase?

each test of strength has its own way of blocking the spinnies. SOme are in water so you make a cryonis block. Some have those magnetic pillars you lift. Some have the breakable pillars. etc etc.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Game's fun, but I think I need to dip from the thread till I'm finished. Have a good time, friends!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Hello thread! I've beaten the game fully and have 10 shrines left to go, so I felt like I could post here again without fear of spoilers. Going back through and reading all the pages of discussion I missed was a right treat.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm at 140 hours I think? Barely played at all today due to deciding to take the day to use Pokemon HOME's new update for a bit, but I'll be back tomorrow to get those last lousy shrines.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Digital Osmosis posted:

Is there any leg armor other than the Zoni pants that can get up to 28 defense and also have an effect? Right now I'm rocking Diamond Circlet, Champion's Leathers, and Zoni pants and while I love having insane defense and still having useful effects I gotta say the shorts next to the tunic isn't really the drip. Zoni's a pretty useful effect, but I'd probably do something a bit worse if it looked a bit better. Do I have any other options?

the "of the wild" armor set has 4 base defense, but it doesn't confer any bonus unless worn as an entire set. Probably same with the full shrine completion armor as well.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Augus posted:

sell your gems. they’re used for armor upgrades but you’ll get a ton of them over the course of the game with all the cave-diving there is to do. there’s even an NPC next to the shop in the hub town that tells you to sell gems

I just want to sell my gems to the efficient lady but I don't want to sell her my diamonds until I've used them for everything so she's been stuck on that a while...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

You act like I can go back to those shrines I've already done and get the diamonds again

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The exact number is -----152-----

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

It's the same guy.

Don't fight 'em, feed 'em!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

no, no more Star Fox Adventures!!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Get a flurry rush with a good flurry rush up weapon and you can really melt HP bars. Nothing's as good as sneakstrikes though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

All caves and wells have been found. Compendium is going well too but I'm gonna need to intentionally break a bunch more stuff to get the intact versions registered. Need 5 more sage's wills and I've been everywhere in the sky islands so I'm just gonna look up locations and cross reference where I was when I didn't yet have sensor for chests, more likely than not. I'm probably missing some old maps but I have all the outfits I think so meh. Then sidequests and I'll probably be good to actually put the game down. Oh, maybe autobuild schematic full completion as well? I wonder if anyone's been good enough to note where each one is located, cause there's no marking on the map for that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I just chucked Chu Chu jelly at it. You're better than me.

Wait unelemental chu jelly is actually water-elemental?!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I think they're probably the gods of dragons/owls/boars from the labyrinths

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Phenotype posted:

I finished the third temple yesterday and I should probably start thinking about finishing the game at some point here, with Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4 out, and Final Fantasy 16 in a couple weeks. I'm nowhere near what feels like "endgame" progression, though, even though I've got like 15 hearts and two stamina wheels and level 2-3 gear. I've only got 3 full batteries and it feels like I've barely explored much of the Depths and I've only seen a handful of sky islands. I dunno, the world is just SO big with SO much stuff going on.

So what are the must-see quests and stuff that everyone's run into? I've still got the Water Temple and that area of the map to do, but otherwise I've explored (at least scratched the surface) most of the land regions now, and I dunno what I really need to do before doing the last phenomena and trying to finish up. I don't want to miss anything really cool, though!

Did you do the side adventure at Typhlo Ruins and/or the challenge on top of the Temple of Time? Those are the side adventures I forgot to experience. Though the thyplo one does require you to have beaten all the dungeons, so...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

FooF posted:

Question about super late game:

What happens if you don’t have Sages during the Demon Army battle? Do the five bosses that appear in the end have to be defeated in a boss rush mode like the Blight Ganons? I did everything prior to this fight so the Sages were like “I got this fam” and off I went.

Yes you have to fight any boss you didn't fight as part of the story on your own.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Three of them stayed below ground for me but one didn't and I was so upset

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Supremezero posted:

... wasn't that in botw.

I think the same character exists in TotK and they need Gleeok Guts this time

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

they might give you breadcrumbs for lost woods if you haven't done it by the time you're ready for endgame, but I wouldn't know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

taco show posted:

I’m so poor. I want/need another piece of fire armor for the Death Mountain chasm but I have maybe 400 rupees to my name, mostly from side quests. I’m hesitant to sell mats bc I don’t know what’s needed for armor upgrades.

There is one piece of flame guard gear you can just find if you explore death mountain...