Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Genuinely feel like I'm the only one not hyped for this game. I feel like there's just too little known and for someone like me who's creatively bankrupt in games I'm just going to be 'ah, boulder and random thing, sure that's a weapon"

We still don't really know what the story even is, and it looks like there's only 2 cutscenes as far as we know. Haven't seen any NPC's, haven't seen anything dungeon like or could be seen as a setpiece... it's just kind of nothing all around. I don't need to know why the sky islands are around but I'd like to have a inkling as to why I'd want to even go up there for example, what it adds to the game, anything.

I dunno, I play Zelda for the puzzles and memorable dungeons/fights and characters (as well as the music) and after BotW stripped out most of that just to go 'big sandbox go!' I'm increasingly nervous that they stripped even more away to just be the same thing but with even less to make it stand out outside the goofy poo poo more creative people will make

E: I want to like Zelda again. Hyrule Warriors of all things even redeemed a lot of the BotW cast to me by giving them actual personalities. Am I going to have to wait for another spinoff to actually care about the setting?

I'm actually with you on this. I don't know if the heavy emphasis on crafting and combining stuff to solve puzzles is gonna be up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I discovered that the game looks at your save file for BOTW. Nothing major, but tagging anyway. if you have any horses registered at a stable, they'll already be there Any other things it looks at?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What's a good source for money? What are some things I can sell because they won't be used for crafting or upgrades?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Augus posted:

gems and luminous stones
there are caves you can find that are absolutely stuffed with the latter and it adds up fast

Those aren't needed for anything like upgrading your armor?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The sky islands, on the other hand, continue to taunt me. They're so hard to get up to and it's even harder to figure out which ones I've been on before and which ones might have something neat!

Once you get the 5th sage the depths become a bit easier to explore.

Some of the islands require a lot of work to get to, pushing your use of zonai devices to the limit.

On that note, need a bit of advice here.

I'm trying to take down a King Gleeok. During the final phase when it goes way up in the sky, what's the best way to get up there? I know you can use the wind gusts it creates via lightning, but I can never seem to get up high enough.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Here's a pro tip: if you happen to find a shrine's crystal before you activate the shrine that needs it, don't try to save yourself some effort by bringing it along with you because the shrine will just reset it once you get there :arghfist::saddumb:

Yeah that's a bug. I've picked up crystals first and it lets you take them and activate the shrine.

Shabadu posted:

I used a rocket shield and a couple keese eye arrows to take down the last couple slivers of health before it could get too high, otherwise you gotta keep riding gusts up until you can knock it back down.

gently caress I always forget you can do that with the shield.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Rewind the icicles.

Holy poo poo I can't believe I forgot about that. I fought one of them on the surface and I did just that. How the gently caress did I forget.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm salty that they made the old amiibo armor Officially Obtainable In Game but you still can't dye it

(I'm more salty that you can't use the Fashionista to transmog armor)

I've been doing all the Zelda amiibos every day since launch and I'm still missing some things.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm at the point now where I'm wrapping up side quests and other poo poo before I finish up the game. A few questions:

-Are there any rewards for giving allllll the Bubbul gems to Koltin?
-How many Korok seeds are needed to fully upgrade your inventory slots?
-Are there any rewards for helping that dude fix all the signs?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Just finished the game. Master Sword+lynel part(?)+ classic Link outfit+ banana based recipe Makes all the phases a cake walk.

I was going to get EVERYTHING before finishing it, but man, 1000 seeds, tons of caves and wells to explore, and all the other lightroot stuff is just too much game. I was gonna burn myself out if I went for all that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

epic bacon posted:

upgrading armor seems very tedious. i haven't even bothered to "activate" the great fairies yet. i'm just fighting as stealthily as possible so i don't have to die all the time

I would recommend upgrading some outfits to level 2 for the bonuses:

Climbing
Rubber suit
flame breaker
snow quill
gliding suit
froggy
desert voe
any one of the many stealth sets

Those bonuses are extremely useful.

I would also recommend upgrading one of the following to max level:

Fierce Deity
Barbarian
Any of the suits based on previous versions of Link.

Any of those will give you huge attack bonuses.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

Anyone know a good mining machine idea for the heavy zonite deposits? Bomb flowers do the trick but I like keeping them for fights.

Just use that sage ability to bust rocks. Takes a while because of the cool down though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I already finished the game, but what happens on the final boss fight if you didn't get the Master Sword previously? Are you forced to get it at that point? What if you don't have enough stamina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

During the final set of Gannon fights, can your Master Sword run out of juice? I used it for all the phases, included the dragon poo poo, and didn't run out at all