Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Flint_Paper posted:

I want to know what those weird wooden ramp looking things were in front of the stables. My money is on being able to FUSE some SPICY GINGER to HORSE'S ARSEHOLE to make them roar into life and whizz up the ramp to take you to the skylands.

There were a couple others throughout the gameplay trailer, it looked like mid-construction buildings. Probably Hyrulians rebuilding their kingdom a bit. I'm guessing there will be some kind of way to interact with them, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Forgot I have $70 in Target gift cards, so I am going on a hunt before work tomorrow :toot:

Fingers crossed there are some in stock outside of pre-orders, assuming it's too late to pre-order one and expect it to be available for pick up tomorrow at this point.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Yass of the Queendom

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Haven't picked up a game on release day since uhhhh Half-Life 2, what are the odds of being able to waltz into Target at opening time tomorrow morning and snagging a copy of ToTK without a pre-order?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I was able to pick up a copy at Target this morning before work and I'm loving stoked to play this tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Why walk the depths when you can ride :smuggo:

Fake James fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 15, 2023

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Khanstant posted:

i cant remember if i fused a diamond or a fallen star but ive been carrying around this loving useless rod that shoots beams of light that dont damage anything for way too long and idk why.

I wonder if that would work on the gloom puddle full of hands?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

SirPablo posted:

Wish I was playing right now

Same, its hosed up I needed to go to work today

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Fish Appreciator posted:

Finished the first dungeon. If the rest of the dungeons are half as spectacular, I would still call this game a monumental achievement.

Also, the Dragon Roost theme during the boss fight made me bust a fat nut.

First dungeon as in the Wind Temple? Curious what other people are doing for their first locations.

I didnt play Wind Waker so I am unfamiliar with the reference, but the one there kicked rear end

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Some might be blocked by trees, so if you can't spot it start looking in any woods that overlap the mural by a bit.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
So while walking around Hyrule Castle, I stepped in some gloom to get through a doorway to another area. The gloom damage debuff suddenly went away after a few seconds and it was just a lost heart. I thought it was supposed to persist, or is that only in the depths?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Harriet Carker posted:

Yeah, I didn't even know there was one until I caved and looked up the shrine solution. How would I know? I still don't know where it is or how to get it (trying to discover things by myself).

Kakariko felt like a natural first destination after landing because the ring ruins are so noticeable.

I figure Lookout Landing would be the natural first destination as you land right in front of it and when falling from the tutorial island it focuses on it for a moment.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How did you beat it. I barely could. All the parts were past the enemies and I couldn't actually it anything together or pick it up in time with like five guys chasing me. I ended up picking up a flamethrower and hiding in the corner and fending them off as they rushed me, I didn't get to use cool battle bots except on the first guy

I sent the initial two off into the main room, hid out of sight behind the doorway, and went to get some water / use the bathroom while they slowly spiked the constructs to death over the next 5 minutes

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want to know how they even went about dismantling any of the divine beast, the Rito one especially.

In the ending cutscene of BOTW Zelda mentions Vah Ruta stopped responding and they should go check it out, so I assume all the Divine Beasts stopped functioning and they were scrapped for parts just in case they go rampaging again.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Gerudo Fear Me
Zoras Fear Me
Moblins Turn Their Eyes Away From Me
As I Walk No Lynel Dares Make A Sound In My Presence
I Am Alone On This Barren Hyrule

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Speaking of Flux Constructs, what do you do when they levitate really high up in the air as a giant square? I tried riding one of the dropped boxes with rewind, but it doesn't stay upright enough to get near it. I've just been moving off the arena until it loses sight of me then returning when it's back to it's default form, otherwise it takes like 10 minutes or more to stop hovering really high up.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Costco Meatballs posted:

That's the move. Easiest when he does the close drop and then horizontal push. Rewind the first in a row so you don't need to dodge as far, then get on top of the next one in the line that gets pushed to next to you and hop on

I'll give it another go tonight - was taking so much damage from the boxes I didn't give it too many more attempts after the first few failures.

Snake Maze posted:

I normally just shoot the bottom with a bomb arrow, which stuns them and makes them float down low enough to ascend through.

I never used bomb arrows on them before, I'll give that a try too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

If you've fought a II or III before you'll know they go too high up for Ascend.

Edit: It appears they all go to different heights, so this only applies to some!

Fake James fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 31, 2023